Is Humanz underrated by critics? The tour has completely sold out everywhere

Is Humanz underrated by critics? The tour has completely sold out everywhere.

it's sold out because Gorillaz is for teenage girls

>underrated by critics
lmao

More like overrated by critics. That shit is 3/10 at best.

This is album is shit not only in music but what it means for Gorillaz. Gorillaz had a certain charm for it's first four albums. Something indescribable but emotionally identifiable. The self-titled album, Demon Days, Plastic Beach, and The Fall couldn't be more different in terms of style, but they all shared that common sense of Gorillaz charm.

This album is a fucking soulless pile of garbage and completely lacks any sense of Gorillaz charm, and completely goes against every album before it in the absolute worst way, Gorillaz had mainstream elements, yes, but it was only the smallest amount. Meanwhile Humanz goes to great lengths to abuse every mainstream rap and pop cliche

So user, I say this to you, the reason that the Humanz tour is sold out, is because Gorillaz sold out

>More like overrated by critics. That shit is 3/10 at best.
This, humanz was shit
At least sleeping powder was good

Agreed, not to mention the actual gorillaz are hardly on the album at all. Overshadowed by all the shitty features

I can understand not liking it but I really don't get the hate

>underrated by critics
>77 meta score
Should have 57 metascore desu

See

Humanz was to the gorillaz what fallout 4 was to that series

but taking the "it's not like Gorillaz" stuff aside it's a solid album
I liked it because I got tired of Gorillaz. similarly, I thought Sleeping Powder was bad

So an interesting and enjoyable expansion to a pre-estabilished franchise?

Exactly, it's not the gorillaz. I listen to the gorillaz because I enjoy that gorillaz sound. Maybe it's not a terrible album in its own right but as a gorillaz album it's shitty and a disappointment. That's why the fallout analogy works so well. It's the exact same scenario.

Like the other user said, it has no soul, just an over produced cash grab, and you were dumb enough to buy into it

More like a decent game but a shitty fallout game. They both throw away everything that made them special in exchange for a more shallow and mainstream product. I could talk for hours about fo4 but this is Sup Forums not Sup Forums

fuck off. you're blinded by nostalgia. Humanz is no less special than their other albums.

Sup Forums hates Humanz because we expected a Gorillaz album and we got a Gorillaz 'playlist', similar to Drake's More Life. It would have been more well-received around here if it was marketed as such.

you're not special for liking Gorillaz. this album is just as average as their other albums.

Hey dip ass, Humanz isn't bad because it doesn't sound like old Gorillaz, it's bad because it sounds absolutely nothing like Gorillaz.

ffs The Getaway and 8 sound radically different from previous RHCP and Incubus albums, but they still have a sense of RHCP and Incubus flair

Humanz simply does not have Gorillaz flare

>we expected a Gorillaz album and we got a Gorillaz 'playlist'

that's actually a great way of putting it. The feel of the album seems more palatable if you buy into the conceit, the notion of it being a collection of songs for a dance party at the end of the world. But then what does it say about the music if it falls flat devoid of that context? The "theme" of this album lends itself to feeling less connected, less thematic than previous Gorillaz albums as the songs do feel more standalone, especially when the main through-line of the band is largely absent.

damn...

It's depressing that they could release an album so mediocre. It's not even terrible, but there's nothing at all to go back to.

I wanna see one of these concerts.
Just watching Damon and the others sit on the side of the stage and clap along as a new feature goes up and plays their song.

Pretty sure most people are interested in the older songs from the good albums and not Humanz shit. That's why my friend got tickets anyways

the thread is over

This

I thought it was a great album desu. Solid 8/10
Sup Forums overreacts to everything. It's best to ignore any opinion here on an album that's less than 5 years old

The Fall is shit and was only made to promote the iPad , shut the fuck up

that's it, it doesn't get any better than this post

Pretty sure at least 1/3rd of those ticket "sales" went to robots that are currently reselling those tickets on stubhub for 5x the face value.

honestly, just based on looking at their live streams, it kinda seems like gorillaz would suck live. i wouldn't go just to watch damon albarn dance poorly and play a keytar while a picture of 2d is displayed in the background on a projector

The Fall was made because Albarn was bored on a tour bus you fucking moron, it had nothing to do with "promoting the iPad"

Do your research before you open your stupid fucking mouth

The Fall >>>>>>> Humanz

This honestly

And its funny how Albarn put out Sleeping Powder a month or two after its release and it sounded great and reminiscent of something off Plastic Beach or even Demon Days. The fact of the matter is that Albarn KNOWS what the Gorillaz "sound" is but, like was already said, sold out for cliches and to fit in with the mainstream crowd

You know that they tour sold out almost everywhere because the tickets where for like 1 dollar, right?

so its best to ignore your opinion also

Of course. You should listen for yourself

get the fuck out of here with that "desu" shit you fucking weeb

Imagine actually thinking this

He could have write something else because even if you write T B H it can change to desu.

I mean he's not wrong for thinking The Fall is better than the heap of dogshit that is Humanz. Its not leagues better but its definitely better. Revolving Doors is actually a pretty solid song

Newfag detected.

When the fall came out Sup Forums agreed it was total dreck. Let's see how people view humanz in 6 years as well

The album had some good songs but in the end it was nothing special

I feel the same way.

it became damon + various artists the album.
and all the various artists came with their subpar material.

26 mediocre songs -_-

The Gorillaz shows sold out because the name Gorillaz is on the show being sold. That simple.

>pretentious introduction
>negroid rapper raps a rap
>inoffensive middlebrow filler follows
>second negroid guest
>zany, off the wall instrumentation with shallow lyrics
>de la soul phoning in terrible verse, sounding diabetic
>finally a good song (hallelujuah money)
>more inoffensive trash

its like their not even trying

I hate that fucking phrase fuck you, Humanz isn't a decent anything.

Hallelujah Money isn't even good, just a fucking stoned out shitty electronic drum beat with some guy practicing his Morgan Freeman impression to it

>with some guy practicing his Morgan Freeman impression to it
kek