Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MSAgZ7vxp4o
youtube.com/watch?v=yDpSXRGQBjg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-S1nKan8nNDSayVT1R2cXQ1NtO0TSwni
youtube.com/watch?v=JRJzNmrhf5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

???????
Kendrick lamar is overrated as hell

Did you see a sign on this board that says Dead Nigger Storage?

stop that is not nice

Capital steez is 100x the rapper Joey was.
free the robots/apex/evol love/invision/47 elements>>>>anything Joey made

Mick is okay, healing component's theme is tacked on and cliche

King Capital AOTY

Tonedeff

this thread sucks you all suck

Ill Al Scratch

youtube.com/watch?v=MSAgZ7vxp4o

>same flow every song

rap is not music.

it's talking. that's what it says. "rap" means talking in meter. It has rhythm. It's not music. It's OK. there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not music. People who are great at rap aren't great musicians, they're just great at rap. there's no road from rapping into music. Music is something you can get better and better at, I don't think you can do that with Rap. I don't know if rap has that kind of space to it which leads off to an infinite number of possibilities. music does.

All black people look the same

go fucking kys you literal retard. it's obviously music, even though there's someone speaking in rythm over the instrumental instead of singing.

>being this mad
why are rapfag nu-males always the most easily offended group of posters on this board?

not really mad, i just say hostile things on the interweb sometimes. i'm really chillin

My niggah kweku collins

Please define music, then get back to us on what is and isn't music.

H.A.W.K

Tommy Wright III

Big Boi

Z-Ro

needs new haircut

looks like bart simpson

you know, i was in the shower rn and i was thinking about this statement you made the other day and i realized that rap isn't music due to an instrumental beat track being layered with a vocal track.

you act like every other rapper doesn't do that. name one that changes things up

you're a fucking newfag and thats arguably worse

B L A C K I E

This looks like someone tried to squish kendrick lamar and J Cole together.

Kendrick, shit that was easy

ben affleck makes the best memes

Pusha T

He's pretty meh desu

Bate

Pharoahe Monch. His wordplay, flow, internal rhymes are ridiculous and hip hop heads barely know who he is.

>Still getting poppin without artist and repertoire, 'cause Monch is a monarch only minus the A&R.

I'll put that up against any line in any hip hop song ever.

>underground hiphop

Black Thought is pretty underrated but has obviously gotten more recognition lately. He's one of the low ket GOATS because his flow is so smooth you don't realize how intricate his shit is.

Music as defined by "patricians" is white people making offbeat grating noises with guitars or blips and bloops on a computer.

youtube.com/watch?v=yDpSXRGQBjg

What? Every single album of his sounds different

everybody sleepig on my boy Smino baka

father and some of the other rappers on Awful Records

There where some lyrics on healing component that just killed the vibe on that particular track. I will say that Drowning was one of my favorite songs that year. His melodies are dope too

Why are they considered redditcore and hated here?

WATER!!1I DRINK WATER WATER
WATER I'M BLACK

underrated GOAT

looks like a black version of the guy from SuperMega

Chinza Dopeness. This chigga way ahead in the game.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-S1nKan8nNDSayVT1R2cXQ1NtO0TSwni

I've just never liked El-P as a rapper. He annoys the fuck out of me. Great producer though.

listen to zeltron 6 billion and if tomorrows not here. its true he sticks to triplet flow a lot of the time but hes more than capable of switching it up

ethereal is good

Redman

BROCKHAMPTON
Gyyps
Kweku Collins

Rappers can switch up varying flows in many different ways very easily, take Kendrick Lamar for example. Personally I haven't seen one rapper that has good experience with shit besides rapping. The only exception is Tyler the Creator, he can actually play piano pretty well.
Rap might still be categorized as "music" due to the instrumental/lyrics containing keys of major/minor and it simply sounding like a rhythm. 808s and Heartbreak is a prime example of this. While Kanye was previously well-known for his Hip-Hop albums he slowly transitioned and it sounded like he was trying his hand at pop music fused with elements of Hip-Hop. On the track "Paranoid" at times it sounds like Kanye has a flow that sounds like it would come straight from a pure Hip-Hop track, but when he starts singing (with the aid of AutoTune, used well compared to the way it was used by other artists at the time and even today) it begins to sound like Pop more than Hip-Hop. No other artist has done this to my knowledge and I don't think plenty of them have done it as well as Kanye either.

my son

imagine being this miserable of a person. its summer buddy, go outside and make a friend.

LOL

/mu is my city

this too

i really fuck with the song symmetry everything else on the album im indifferent towards

nah he too boring

This guy is right. Genuinely the most underrated MC, and often when you try to make a case for him being as talented as he is they bring up Simon Says and dismisses him as a party rapper and don't look further, shit sucks. There are loads of rappers I consider underrated, but I think everyone has that with some rappers- Monch is probably the one example where it's just straight up true.

>You will now consider me the apocalyptic one
>After this rhyme, henceforth, there is none
>NO more will exist, when I emerge
>From the mist in whence I was born into, scorned

I'm that guy, and I obviously agree, but I think Simon Says is one of the most intricate club bangers ever written:

>some may even say the song is sexist-ist. Cause I axed da girls to rub on they breastesses. Whether you ridin' in trains or in Lexuses, dis is for either or Roleys or timexesses. Wicked like exorcists, dis is da joint. If you holdin up the wall, then you missin the point.

Listen to that part. No one has ever done that with alliterations/consonances. He's "rhyming" these bizarre consonant clusters. Most rappers don't even think about that shit and just rely on end rhymes. The line I originally posted also makes use of the consonance and assonance/internal rhymes. Monch takes so long to put shit out because he's working on so many more levels than most dudes.

Ka.

youtube.com/watch?v=JRJzNmrhf5I

Damn, The Healing Component was such a letdown. He needs to give us another track with Jean Deaux and it'll be all good.

SCHLEPT ON

Killer Mike is dope, and I'm completely indifferent to El-P. You'll find a lot of people look down on them, not just here, because the extra push from being a white rapper is real. Sure they might be talented, but people like to pretend race isn't a factor for a couple of white rappers' popularity.