What difference between stimulants and Prozac? I tried to treat my depression with amphetamine...

What difference between stimulants and Prozac? I tried to treat my depression with amphetamine, because I am stupid retard and I gave a shit. But idea of being on drugs the rest of my life was not so awful, I think amphetamine is just a hard medication for recreational usage. Can anyone now explain what difference in the effect, I hear Prozac gives only light stimulation and works after 4 weeks of taking it everyday, right? Is Prozac stimulation similiar to Ritalin or not? What are your wishes about tolerance and dosage? Thanks for giving advices. Now I want to stop using stimulants and try this shit.

Yes I am depressed and there is some problems with communications with outher people. Now it is not so awful, but sometimes it can hit me for week or more. So it is not a depression at all. Can it stops such episodes?

Bump

Bump 2

Bump 3

Bump 4

they're totally different. You don't get high off Prozac. It just stops you getting too depressed.

I used Prozac and Vyvanse a lot
No noticable diff taking the prozac

So it will stop depression episodes even if they are short, right? I cant find information about such short moments of depression.

How much Prozac did you take?

Prozac doesnt work
At least not in the long term

Some people take it for years. Do you think there is tolerance? In my opinion tolerance shouldnt be so fast like from amphetamines because you dont get high. So if 100% will work in long term. Why not?

it 100% will work*

Prozac only works for some people, but its really non-invasive in that its hard to have it effect your life with bad side effects.
Amphetamine works right away, but can be habit forming if you don't use your medicated states to improve your actual circumstance.

Prozac tends to take 2-4 weeks to start working, and works very weakly in most people, also it cuts off your highs making your happiest state around an 8 on a 1-10 scale.
Best medication for long depressive episodes are MAOIs, for short episodes Ketamine, or amphetamine can work well.

>amphetamine can work well
Omg. Are you crazy? Breakdowns are too shitty.

Been on prescribed prozac for a week and a half now, and the side effects are ungodly. You will genuinely consider suicide and you get A LOT more aggressive and nauseated, but apparently after a while it gets better and you generally feel happy.
Still fucking waiting for that to happen tho.

For fewer side effects, go with a newer SSRI. Prozac was the first SSRI. But since prozac, there are a bunch of newer SSRIs with fewer side effects -- Paxil, Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa, etc.

Amphetamine is so addictive that if this guy's been using it for depression he's now an addict/junky.

So I was taking 60mg of Prozac. Mainly for anxiety though. It really helped with that but I couldn't sleep while I was taking it. Don't drink either, you black out.

Omg Please stop taking the medicine and buy a dog walk with her

I'm currently on vilazodome, works well

Only Retards alter their feelings with drugs just smoke weed its natural

Heeoin is also natural. Your point?

Heroin*

From my experience with Prozac (fluoxetine for non burgers) I can safely say that it had the mildest side-effects within the 2-4 week titration period. Within 2 months I felt it helped me handle my shit at work and not be such a bitch in regards to my relationships. It doesn't cure depression, that's a misconception, it does however work as a buffer so you can work on improving yourself on a more tangible level.

TLDR: Doesn't cure depression, helps stabilise your mood so that you can focus on dealing with problems pragmatically.

Yes, I was an addict. But I stopped taking this drug when started thinking about taking it again and again too much and now everything is ok. It is not a really HARD DRUG, just a shitty coffeine for retards.

But when I stopped doing it I lost my mind for a week and had another opinion. Like my grandmouther opinion or Tv shoes opinion. It can hit not weakly if you was depressed before doing it.

I'm on 20mg fluoxetine (prozac), been on it for about 10 or so weeks. Overall I would say my mood has improved significantly but I have been feeling awful for the past few days, prozac doesn't make you happy, it just keeps you happy for longer if anything does make you happy.

It's entirely possible to still feel awful while using it.

And it has had quite a few side effects for me including:
>loss of appetite
>hallucinations
>strange dreams (actually quite fun)
>apathy
>loss of concentration, to the point where at one stage I was unable to read sentences without forgetting what I was reading midway through
>loss of motivation (easy could be a symptom of depression)
>feeling the need to be close to people all the time, constantly wanting hugs and attention (could be from something else)
>etc

I have experienced suicidal thoughts, especially in the past few days, but it's still made me happier overall.

Def agreeing on the loss of appetite, I've dropped half a stone (7 pounds) in like a week.
Not hallucinations as such, but kinda losing touch on reality, almost like being super drunk and not being able to sort of... see? What's going on right in front of you.
Completely disagree with the need to be close to people, if anything it's made me want to be further away from people. Who knows.

What do you think about starting at 20mg and up the dosage to 40mg after a week because I think is is a weak Adderall for depressed pussies?

Drugs affect people differently, I wouldn't expect your side effects to mirror mine. My hallucinations are mostly seeing things swirling around and moving up and down, such as walls and floors.

At one point it happened while I was driving, turns out it's quite difficult to park when the concrete wall you're parking against won't stay still.

Also I buy it from the internet.

If you plan on getting this illegally then that might work but I suggest a prescription, I was told to use 10mg for 6 days and then 20mg every day after. My dose is set to go up soon though, and could have been raised much earlier if I wanted it to be. By starting at a high dose you increase the risk of side affects.

I didn't think it was necessary, but the hell I've experienced these past few days changed my mind.

The only real choice you have is KRATOM. Trust me, prescription drugs are a nightmare. Kratom saved me. Its the most promising drug out there that helps with physical pain, anxiety, depression, etc. Trust me.

I'm on 10mg Citalopram and it changed my life for the better. Even uninsured it is only 30 bucks a I months. My depression was pretty crippling but Citalopram got me better. Not every antidepressant works for everybody, don't lose hope and you will find what works for you. An 8/10 on high happiness is better than the 4/10 I had before

That would likely make the side effects considerably worse. In the leaflet they give you they say that if you experience side effects, increasing dosage can make them a lot worse.

For the love of god don't take his ketamine advice. Two weeks ago I was drunk, visited some friends binging K, had some and it was one of the worst experiences ever.

In my country Citalopram is toooooooo expensive. I cant buy it. Only Prozac is cheap. (I am a student)

Amphetamines taken with the objective of curing depression are not designed to make you high. I am assuming OP is talking about micro-dosing which can be really efficient in the short run and does not carry any high/breakdown.

However, it's not a good solution on the long term because of the quick tolerance build up.

Also, Ritalin is not an amphetamine, if anything it works more similarly to cocaine than speed.

Old tricyclic antidepressants are the best by far, especially clomipramine. Its the heavy artillery against depression, anxiety and especially OCD.

Ritalin is different, but still sucks. It just give you euphoria and that is all. If you are not ADHD, of course.

>not knowing you can get prescribe to ketamine for depression