7% of the population are athiest, me included. please tell me how religion isn't just a cult with a dead leader...

7% of the population are athiest, me included. please tell me how religion isn't just a cult with a dead leader, and what are some actual evidence and PROOF that convinced you to belive in god. (pic not related)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MFH0i0KcE_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its not really about proof, but more the idea that there is something greater

you dont need religion for this

So you believe because you feel like it.

Hi dude, why do u even give ur opinion when u are a fucking fish ? Keep folowing the sea ;)

Start studying what is really god, and then u will give ur opinion ok?

topkek

I hope you die an atheist. I dont want you in my heaven.

your right you don't need a religion for this, its called being agnostic, however some believe the teachings of the church to be more true or buddhism etc.

Your heaven doesn't exist, so that was easy.

7% of the population are atheist, you included, please tell me how atheism isn't just a cult without a leader, and what are some actual evidence and PROOF that convinced you not to believe in a deity.

People just run on feeling.
They haven't put thought into it.

>please tell me how atheism isn't just a cult without a leader
No doctrine.
>and what are some actual evidence and PROOF that convinced you not to believe in a deity
The failure of theists to back up their claims.

wut

ohhh i dont want to in my Valhalla

you're all faggots

The fact that you demand "proof" means you have no idea what religion entails. This is the greatest fallacy in atheist's arguments.

Well established religions are just there to make people less afraid of dying.

The more fringe ones almost exclusively have to do with sex in one way or another

At least we have more proof than "muh god did it"

Reminder that faith is a demonstrably unreliable method of knowing.

you see, they just believe that.Just to feel better. Sad part is some are using their relgion as an excuse for laws etc. Real world gives real evidence for that everything is amazing

I see religion more as a guideline with the basic idea being a good person to others and yourself

Use empathy

It's just the total lack of evidence that gets me.
If I had never seen an apple or evidence that apples existed.
I would not believe existed.
I have never seen evidence dragons exist.
So I don't believe in dragons.
I have not seen evidence of god so I do not believe it exists.
Just seems foolish to run on feelings and what others tell you. People believe in ghosts and dragons. That does not make them real.

>no doctrine.
i thought your doctrine was that because you don't believe in god that no one else should and that you must wear a fedora.
>the failure of theists to back up their claims.
you also fail to back up your claims.
but if there is no god then why does prayer and faith often help people with pain and sorrow? then how does getting young trouble makers to spend time with the priests often make them stop causing trouble?

there is no such thing as heaven, did you have a consciousness before you were born, did you think 'hurry up and give birth to me' no, you didnt know anything before you were born. same thing happens when you die, you just stop consciousness/thinking and you never really existed. sorry if you cant handle that. religious people are just scared

>Atheism is believing God does not exist.
>Atheism is a religious cult.
>Even science agrees with that statement.

Atheistic agnosticism is the most logical view right now, allowing humans to advance ethically, technologically and socially.

how would you know, you ain't dead

Empathy and having a guideline to better yourself seems to be different to me by definition

1. you thought wrong, that's antytheism
2. We dont claim anything, we just reject your claim

>i thought your doctrine was that because you don't believe in god that no one else should and that you must wear a fedora.
Nope. I don't even own a hat.
>you also fail to back up your claims.
Nope. I can back up the claim that theists fail to back up their claims.
>but if there is no god then why does prayer and faith often help people with pain and sorrow?
Placebo effect. Prayer effectiveness has been studied.
>then how does getting young trouble makers to spend time with the priests often make them stop causing trouble?
The priests rape them into submission.

what about ties to your blood and your forebears
would you forsake what was important to them?

>Be me
>Atheist
>Decide not to be a faggot and keep it to myself

Sexual abuse make them traumatized

Well done.
Though, hail Satan.

and who doesn't want to get raped into submission by father john?

if you use just stuff that you like it's cool i guess, but if follow everything you are slave to that guidelines. You can use other works not only religionus as guidelines

this man owns no hats

We can talk about it. There's nothing faggoty here.

It is a cult, but the leader isnt dead

I'm just curious, what's the difference between a fedora and a black hat?

you will be in a second

>Though, hail Satan.
You're also an anarchist from Antifa who hates Trump, right?

? ?? ??? ??? ?? ?? ??? ??
because he's alive outside of time and space?

people like you

Fuck those mask-wearing cucks.

Thinking they do things for the greater good while they're the most hateful.

its been a minute and i ain't dead, i guess you ain't the prophet

Smart, smartly put.

Hello my follow edgylord!

>proof in a negative

You fucking loonies and ur bullshit logic.

Prove god exist is not akin to prove god does not exist.

Good people do good things. Bad people do bad things. In order to get good people to do bad things, just add religion. Religion poisons everything.

People kill and rape using god as defence and I have problems with that.

>implying athiests believe in satan
>believes athiests believe in satan
>believes in satan

Yeah, but when you are a neckbeard debating everyone about atheism and thinking that they're stupid just for beliving in something that makes them happy, you come off as an annoying faggot

topkek

a fedora is a hat whereas a blackhat is a hacker with malicious intent.

Samefag here.
It's just the total lack of evidence that gets me.
If I had never seen an apple or evidence that apples existed.
I would not believe existed.
I have never seen evidence dragons exist.
So I don't believe in dragons.
I have not seen evidence of god so I do not believe it exists.
Just seems foolish to run on feelings and what others tell you. People believe in ghosts and dragons. That does not make them real.

This could be good, but-
You're missing some greentext to explain how, we can't laugh with this, yet

im watching you

indeed

Huh, you're missing the point.

Religion is a very comforting idea. It's easier to cope with death when you believe you'll get to see them again. It's easier to cope with the horrible shit life throws at you when you believe it's all part of god's plan. It's easier to believe one day all of your problems will go away when you enter heaven, than it is to change the world to make it like heaven for everyone else. Religion is comfort food. It may not be good for you, but you refuse to let it go.

>
>
>
>
>
>you're all faggots
Calling atheists faggots..

This

I don't get your point.

"when you do that" then yes. But theist folks come off as an annoing faggots as well. Still they are using it hijack society, both muslims or chistians. Also if you care about truth false claim is still a false claim, no matter if they like it or not.

Yes. That's why religion has no place on a planet that is governed by the physics we understand today based on observables and repeatable experiments.

Instead of working just pray for food cuz your god always provides with what you need right? When you are really about to die of starvation ur god will come thru. Don't worry. Start now.

it is implying athiest believe in satan, but if the christian who wrote this is saying satan is real and athiests believe in it, then the christian technically believes in satan and not the athiest. now you may laugh

Topkek.

Yeah, it's crazy that i demand proof before i believe in something.

Being a Christian means you know Satan is real or something, so, that seems standard though

So you need religion to tell you this?

It's also easier if you don't try to blame or waste time trying to understand mind of some deity.

What science agrees with that statement?

Does Satan even exist outside of Christianity?

believing in god is such a irrelevant matter its realy weird how much shits gets flinged around it

religion is about things like mental hygiene, sets of if-then protocols that cooperate with or modify existing cultural codes and norms, a world system, a general 'operating system' for society often complete with whole languages and alphabets and scriptures ready, modes of conduct and modes of living etc...

off course all this is used to manipulate and control, but thats not a glitch, none of it is

these things crystalise in all human populations, same as traffic regulations or battle tactics, the tendency and the need for it is universal, the belief in god is nonesential

Physics and mathematicians working with physicists

there's no evidance for any deity in science. It's no telling you there isn''t one, it just don't proof any. So science is agnostic.

some posts on here are saying that religion is a way for (pussys) to cope with death. and other religions have some sexual or controlling purpose. but the question OP has asked still hasnt been answered. post actual proof and evidence "god" exists. no bs

>Be God
>Kills a fucking lot of Egyptian children because "muh people" and vengeance
>Still good and all love
>Difficult to understand

Seems like bad writing to me.

But you gotta understand something, it's a simple "mayority wins" situation.

Just because 90% percent voted pizza and 10% voted math exam, they can't make everyone get a math exam instead
But you have it different in the real world, you can have your atheism while the rest have religion, they're hapy like that and you're happy with yor atheism
You can't just make everything atheist instead of christian just because you don't like it

There's no particular "sect" of science that believes that. That's just science and logic as we know today. Science never claims to know anything. A scientist would claim the world is round and run repeatable experiments that anyone else can do to prove it is round. A religious person would say the world is flat because the pope said so and if you challenged him he would throw you in prison.

The entire concept of science is to observe our universe and have discussions about what these results mean. So science is fluid and dynamic and changing as technology allows us to see more vast and deeper into our universe.

That concept I find so much more comfort in than believing stories by a man in a funny hat.

In fact God in first harden the hard of Pharaoh and then reasles his vengeance on him because his heart was harden

Kinda, yeah.

As a Christian myself, personally I grew up with it. However, over the course of my life I've had many supernatural experiences, a couple of which even saved my life.

However, even if I hadn't had those experiences, I'd still say two things.

Firstly, that believing in any religion is a matter of being willing to submit yourself to a higher power. It's not a matter of "seeing is believing". You need to believe and exercise your beliefs in order to reap the benefits.

Second, that the story the world pushes for creation, most commonly being the big bang and evolution, simply doesn't make any mathematical sense. The math makes the fact that we exist at all seem almost a miracle. The number of requirements for life to exist on a planet is absurd. The fine tuning of things like physics, matter, and time itself realistically couldn't have been accidental.

so god's a dick
also he doesn't exist

>Physics and mathematicians working with physicists
>Physics working with physicists
kek

???

So god is petty and can't back down from being vengeful?

>religion is a matter of being willing to submit yourself to a higher power.
That's exactly why the elite want the peasants to be religious.

it's not about making them into atheist, it's about not leting them to "we can do that/we cant do that because god". Mayority wins and that why we need to debete, not just let them. They do the same.

>evidance
>dance

put your red shoese and dance with me

>we can do that/we cant do that because god
Example

religion is for fools

>submit yourself to a higher power.
Slavery.
God is Dicaprio and we are Django.

Why isn't it a matter of seeing is believing? I've never seen a dragon. I'm not going to believe in dragons until i see one. I've seen no evidence of a god. Why should i believe in one?

An ideology that serves me women on a Silver platter and the church punishes them If they leave. That's pretty good

I literally said
>reap the benefits

There’s no benefit to being a slave.

>7% of the population are athies

It's actually way the fuck higher. The vast majority of ostensible worshippers actually don't believe in shit, privately. But it's cultural, and pretending to believe is vital currency in their peer groups.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MFH0i0KcE_o

SpaceX live launch!! Fuck these religious nuts stuck with their 2000 year old book. I'm watching science in progress!

>Second, that the story the world pushes for creation, most commonly being the big bang and evolution, simply doesn't make any mathematical sense. The math makes the fact that we exist at all seem almost a miracle. The number of requirements for life to exist on a planet is absurd. The fine tuning of things like physics, matter, and time itself realistically couldn't have been accidental
That's not how math works, that''s not how physics or biology works. Just because you feel it comforting to not understand something it doesn't mean it's doesnt make sense. It does.

Just like religion.