Are there any fast food workers here who think they deserve to make $15 an hour?

Are there any fast food workers here who think they deserve to make $15 an hour?

If so, please explain why you should be paid that much for a job that has almost skill requirements and is intended as an entry level position. And explain why you haven't developed your skills for a job that actually deserves that much pay.

Because minimum wage hasn't kept up with inflation.

/Thread

This

>implying minimum wage should be dictated only by inflaction
Pic related. It's both of you.

>itt millenials that want more free shit. what a surprise

So you don't believe buying power drives the economy. And you took micro and macro and read capitial, road to serfdom, and wealth of nations? Oh wait this is the internet where a pic does the work of lazy people.

>a job that has almost skill requirements

Found the NEET

alot of jobs haven't.

I used to work for an aircraft company building detailed parts that sell to boeing and airbus for tens of thousands of dollars and they only paid me $14

>entry level position
>primarily made up of people in their 30s and older
>no one wants to work their entry level job anymore and get new ones
>restaurants close

i don't think i should make 15$ an hour, that's a little extreme.
but i definitely think i should be making 12$ an hour with benefits.

i work at Mcdonalds on the Las Vegas strip, right next to Caesar's Palace.
i work non-stop, as fast as i can move as soon as my shift starts to the end of my shift, i do not stop moving until i can take a break. we get one 40 minute break.
it's also 90 degrees.

after work i jog from Harrah's to Caesar's Palace to catch the bus.

if we made more, you wouldn't constantly need to restaff this place. but they run on a revolving door model. cheaper to rehire complete idiots than it is to keep your good workers.
people complain about the quality of Mcdonalds employees but they don't understand it's their business model, it's being done on purpose.

minimum wage keeps getting higher.

>doesn't know how to spell millennial

Found the millennial janitor who makes $15 an hour because he spent 8 years working his way up to king toilet scrubber

>Are there any fast food workers here who think they deserve to make $15 an hour?

It's a matter of a living wage. Jews have debase US currency to the point where the minimum wage should be about $24 an hour.

Focus on the actual issues, not stupid headlines or morons who think a poverty wage should exist.

They should allow me to be paid in tacos

>So you don't believe buying power drives the economy.
Skillset and requisite training is the primary attribute in determining salary of an employment position.

>Oh wait this is the internet where a pic does the work of lazy people.
Don't be salty because the liberal stereotype nails you down. You want to not be part of a category? Then remove yourself from it.

>if we made more, you wouldn't constantly need to restaff this place.

That's how fast food joints work moron. You shouldn't be trying to make a career out of it.

>I'll take what is a typo because phone for $500, Alex.

I like how you got ultra-triggered from a typo. Libcuck much?

>he blames his lack of education on a phone

l m a o

Trumpledytes truly have the lowest IQs. Sad.

the managers here make a career out of it though, people make a career out of it.

therefore, you are wrong.

>if we made more, you wouldn't constantly need to restaff this place.
Lol. He thinks an entry-level position should be as far as anyone should aspire to climb their chosen career ladder.

Concrete proof you're not out of college yet. Possibly not out of high-school.

>Trumpledytes
>a word just made up
>accuses others of low IQ

Right.

>ill take entry-level position for $500, Alex

I didn't ask you about employment I asked you how the economy functions to gauge your own knowlege most conservatives don't like reading what they spout. Also not salt just anwering your ad homeiem with another and see how this infinite spirial of insults starts? Still couldn't take the high ground and just call out my fallacy. As your preisdent says sad.

>Trumpledyte gets stumped

Aw, so cute! Just like papa Trump!

i didn't even say that, you just made it up. something you made up is concrete proof? lol, Sup Forums posters are fucking imbeciles.

you were wrong and this reply makes no sense.

You really need to stop obsessing with identity politics.
It's not attractive.

Yes so I don't cum in your food :)

ITT: alt-right NEETs project their self-hatred onto others

b-but breitbart told me lowering minimum wage would lower muh mcdoubles cost!

>s-stop! f-fake news!

I was a fast food worker for a long time and I think that it's a job which only really exists because our society is sick. Skeleton crew, shit pay, everyone hates each other or is too stupid to pick up on the fact that everyone hates each other... it's a cesspool. It's not a dignified position. Do the niggers picketing deserve $15? No. Should the job pay $15 and attract people who DESERVE that much? Yes. But then those niggers wouldn't have jobs at all (because basic economics) and we'd have the same problem.

This is why we either need basic income or sterilization programs or something else. This nonsense can't continue forever.

t. on a bunch of lists for making posts like this

but it's true and kind of sad, I wish we lived in a good world

Hey fuckface- all a $15 wage is going to do is drive inflation thru the roof- that's not increasing real buying power.

They dont deserve to make the equivalent of an EMT.... thats for damn sure.

The fact that people think loading fries into a cardboard shell is the same as saving someones life is astounding. America will be destroyed in 20 years. Just watch. We are all fucked because people are becoming autistic due to faulty genes being passed on.

Lol wasting your time, summerfags are out
Don't you remember most trumpsters are from leddit

>That's how fast food joints work moron
he said that in the fucking post
did you even read it?
you stupid cunt

if they more than double min wage my wages better be more than doubled...

obvious bait is obvious but ill bite,as with some of us, we dont live off of daddy and mommy in my city alone a studio apartment which is literally a closet with a kitchen you would have to pay $1,200 plus utilities, food etc, if the current minimum wage is $7.50 so we will use these numbers for now(and i do realize some jobs pay more the current minimium for any entry job is $10 but we will get to that later) the average "full time" employee is supposed to get 40 hours a week, which most dont and average out to about 30-33(these numbers are from experience), but for the sake of arguement we will assume everyone gets 40 hours for full time and 20 hours for part time, assuming you just got out of school and are living on your own and plan to study some kind of academics or trade, working full time in a month at ($7.50 x 40h) x 4 = $1,200, now grabbing the numbers from earlier for a studio apartment at $1,200, food(ramen every day would land you easily 40-60 a month) electricity about 40 during winter times 60+ in the summer, gas during the winter is a bitch so about $100, and on top of that if youre studying, going out, needing new clothing, etc. the minimum wage does not cut it. and as prices keep ricing it will only get worse so its only fair to bring the minimum up. unless you want more people bothering you money on the streets or welfare babies etc.

When I first started working at Subway I was paid $6.15 an hour... That was some bullshit. But even I think that $15/hr is extreme for making a fucking sandwich. I can see 10~12/hr being reasonable.

Inflation is the reason that a bottle of water is $10 in DC.... they just bumped minimum wage to $12.50/hr and now the water will be $11 a bottle.

Fucking outrageous

Lol still avoid my question. What drives the economy? Last chance dude before I give up on your nonreading ass. Also inflation will continue whether we raise the minimum wage or not you understand that right? Its been growing the whole time we haven't raised it. God I just wish one of you read Freidman, Hayek, anyone other than your dumbass talking points. It gets old.

not only this but if people don;'t have enough money to spend, theyll spend less on local and big businesses, causing unemployment rates to go up since there is no point in having 20 employees when the business isn't making enough money to support the employees and their big fat checks for the corporate greed. so all in all rising the minimium wage helps the economy, and helps create future jobs

>small % of the population makes $x
>hurr inflation

Libtard bullshit. Fukkin millenials.

meant to say "not how" yah fuckin sperg

Perhaps EMTs should make more

>all a $15 wage is going to do is drive inflation thru the roof

[citation needed]

Maybe you shouldn't live in the city then.

Its always about liberals with you idiots. Liberals this liberals that, just shut up already. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a liberal.

Wages not meeting inflation is no different to a pay cut. To keep up with inflation is to give your employees the same relative wage as they originally were being paid.

not a real argument not only that but i am not affiliated now or will i ever be with any political party or side. good day sir, and may the light of our noodly appendaged god rain upon thee

>still doesn't know how to spell millennial

LOL. the alt-right are so sad

yeah bro raise the min wage to $50/hour DUH
this is such an obvious solution :^)

thats easy for you to say but if i dont have enough money to live here what makes you think i have enough money to go anywhere else? i remember when you guys actually used logic in arguments this is just sad.

>Skillset and requisite training is the primary attribute in determining salary of an employment position.

wrong

I guess you'd better get flipping burgers if you're an EMT. Anyone can put a body on a stretcher and check a pulse.

min wage in Aus has been 20$ for a while now and they're still going through economic growth.

Americans just won't allow anyone to make money because of how anti-social our culture is.

The economy is driven by innovation and capital. There you go- econ 101 boy.

Well I did it. Rented a truck for $50 and moved to a tiny ass town.
>i remember when you guys actually used logic in arguments
Fine. Get a couple room mates. Problem solved.

anybody can load fries into a cardboard shell thru proper training of equipment and facilities
anybody can save a life thru proper training of equipment and facilities

so why shouldn't they be paid the same again? i once saved someones life because they were choking so i guess i should get paid $15 an hour for that right?

t. Someone who hasn't studied economics

People are stupid. If you raise min wage, guess what? The cost of everything else goes up and so does inflation.

If anything, you should be taking a pay cut.

My understanding of inflation is that it's driven from the amount of money in circulation, not the amount of money in the hands of consumers. More money to those at the bottom will come from corporate profit rather than government debt, so there's no new money in circulation and inflation doesn't have any huge change. Feel free to correct me here as I'm no econ-fag.

Shit when I did that monkey work I was making like $9/hr. No honestly, it's not a job anyone should be making a career out of. You live in America for fuck sake, do something with your life.

why would anyone get room mates, specially in a small suburban ass town where they could get raped and murdered and no one would even know.

[citation needed]

Cost of living in AUS is ridiculously high compared to the US hence a higher min wage fucko

see
What's driving the inflation you're talking about?

the problem is not how much you make, the problem is how much is your cost of living. and living in a city on west coast or east coast it is just retarded. the rent is too fucking high.
if you cant afford it i recommend you to move inside the country. the have restaurants there too and the rent is affordable.

The McDonalds up the escalator? The one attached to Harrah's?

I was there on Vacation in June. Went for breakfast. Shit was way to busy and those staff deserve more.

Lol so you have read schumpeter and his text that begins" capitialism will no survive" because capitialism is no longer encouraging innovation and liquid capitial is becoming more scacre. Plus dude im pretty sure you never took an economy class. How do you measure inequality?

>thinks that the ability to create new words is indicative of low intelligence

Nigger you're dumb as fuk

>implying that's all they do.

>one room mate
Rent is now $600 instead of $1200
>two room mates
Rent is now $400

>implying all fast food workers do is flip burgers

If EMTs do more then why do they get shit pay?

Are you trolling or are you just stoopid?

Min wage rises, people lose jobs, extra cost of payroll gets passed onto consumer and every part of the supply chain. Inflation rises, prices rise even more.

People demanding the min wage to rise are also begging to lose their job, or for those of you 'lucky' to keep your job, your workload doubles.

the US printed so much in the last 15 years. they dont want people to have money cause it would fuck up the dollar.

Yeah, they make fries too.

That's, like, double the work!!!!

Cause we don't live in a merticoracy

Ok- money supply can absolutely impact inflation, but it is not the only driver. If you are paying pimply faced millennials $15 to pour a latte, those jobs will now compete in the labor pool with higher skilled jobs, driving wages up across the spectrum. Increased wages=increased cost=increased prices for goods and services=higher inflation.

You're wasting your time. Idiots like this don't understand simple logic.

woah woah nigger, hold the phone. how am i still paying rent with 2 niggers living with me in a closet. if i have to be this close to them they better pay the damn thing themselves, penises will not touch in this household.

yup, that's the one.

when people leave comments, all they talk about is how busy it is and how crazy it is, yet we don't deserve to get paid more apparently.

it's all just anti-social shit. people don't want to see other people making money, bottom line.

>anyone can build a bridge with proper training
>civil engineers should make 15 dollars an hour
>everyone should make 15 dollars an hour

[citation still needed]

If you want to live alone, Pay the fee and stop complaining.

Yeah, they drive ambulances too.

That's like, double the work!!!!

>i said proper training of facilities and equipment
>stop generalizing
nigger

I see, so what's the big deal with paying EMTs and fast food workers the same?

You're delusional

I've been responsible for cutting costs in a business employing ~300 people. I've seen it first hand. Fewer jobs, more work for remaining workforce.

I think you're just trolling, so I won't get into this any further with you.

But you can't just ramp up prices to protect profits, there's consumer law to stop that happening, at least where I live. Prices have to take inflation rates into account rather than just be set arbitrarily by the business. The only thing that causes that inflation to change is the value of your currency, which is to do with how much is in the economy.

>Government issues X amount
>Next time X amount is issued, you have 2X in the economy
>1X of taxes must be taken to keep the total at 1X and prevent inflation, as 2X would half the value of your currency.

So in that example, the extra money in the circulation is devaluing your currency. Giving more of that money to workers and consumers rather that big business isn't changing the amount in circulation and shouldn't devalue your currency.

You have no argument

i also hope you realize its illegal to have more than 2 people in a studio apartment by law.

>implying the owner doesnt get free money every week just for owning the restaurant

>implying wages are handouts

I mean justice and equity? Do you need to take some philosophy classes?

>Asking for evidence of a retarded claim is trolling

[citation still needed]

>I have no proof so I won't get into this

Case closed. Minimum wage increase doesn't increase inflation.