I just watched Prometheus and

Not even the memes were enough to make me understand what an unbelievably terrible movie it was

What the hell was that shit?

W-what happened to Ridley Scott?
Surely this can't be the same genius that gave us Alien and Blade Runner?

Absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever!

ITT: things plebs say

>nothing happens
>boring action
>dumb characters
>boring script
>bad cgi
>couldn't decide which storylines to follow
>predictable plot
>lackluster acting
>no emotions
>forgettable premise
>lazy plot devices
>stolen ideas
>overstuffed plot
>dumb audience
>confusing editing
>laughed at how terrible the music was
>sound effects were cheap
>scenes were fake looking
>shower was broken at theater.
>10/10 would meme again

>Absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever!

Even absolute contrarian pleb would appreciate the cinematography at the very least.

nope it was like a child did it. i don't know anything about movies, but i am sure they could have done better. it was mostly cgi.

>Even absolute contrarian pleb would appreciate the cinematography at the very least.
Ok, I guess the opening scene was kinda nice and interesting, I'll give you

Once they started talking, the stupid red head doctor and her stink foot unwashed hippie it was all downhill

I mean wtf, not a single good line delivery, fuck

samefag

I love this movie and I also love reading you morons sperg over it.

ALL HAIL THE MOTHERFUCKING SPACE AXE!

>I don't know anything about movies, but

Ridley Scott isn't great to be honest. He has a couple good movies and people forget about the shit ones.

Bladerunner and Alien were already pretty much written and planned out before he started working on them.

I was shocked by it. I know Scott doesn't always hit it out of the park but Prom felt like a formulaic budget sci-fi film from 15 years previous (apart from the high production values).

True patricians actually realize Prometheus is very good. Stop getting your opinion from shitty youtube channels

I liked it.

So since we're having a Prometheus thread I had a few questions.

When that doctor lady studied the DNA of the Engineer's head in the helmet, she found that our DNA 100% matched. How is this possible if we aren't the same species? You could say we are, but look at the fucking Engineers, niggas. There's gotta be even a slight variation between us.

Does that match mean we can reproduce and make fertile offspring?

Obvious question that gets fucking asked every thread so I'll just ask it here so you can all ignore it and address the real questions: why'd the Engineer attack the Android and everyone else? Was he going to glass earth because we got too smart and advanced?

Oh, has anyone heard about the sequel? Does it take place on the Engineer's homeworld? D-does the doctor lady go nuclear with the goop on their planet!??!

2deep4me

I'd like to think the engineer was disgusted by our failure to be more like the progenitor race. Do you think they seeded earth with multiple races to see if the 'pure' engineer strain would remain pure?

inb4 space eugenicist nazis
Inb4 muh Sup Forums

>Surely this can't be the same genius that gave us Alien and Blade Runner?

See this is the problem with your post user, those movies are shit. Why would you expect this to be different?

I hope we see this Alien in the sequel. If Ridley doesn't include it then he has entirely goofed up

Stick to aliens, kid.

i like the racemixing captain and the sweaty protagonist. i didn't like the rolling falling ship though

it wasn't a good movie, but it still surprised me how many people absolutely hate it, i didn't feel that strongly about it, mostly just...meh

it had problems, but i really just don't get all the hate. it's kind of obvious prometheus was made with potential sequels in mind, it's not a 'complete' movie, there's holes that are set up to be explored later on in future movies

This movie should have been fucking amazing but it got chopped up to shit during editing. Read the original script, it's excellent, I don't know why they ripped it up and glued it back together like they did.

That being said I still enjoyed it, people have way too many expectations these days, sometimes it doesn't hurt to sit back and watch something pretty.

>Do you think they seeded earth with multiple races to see if the 'pure' engineer strain would remain pure?
I thought the multiple races and stuff came from the opening segment when the Engineer drank the goop. His body broke down and his DNA was broken down and rearranged. I assume they didn't all break down exactly the same and separate DNA chains (seeds) got released into the river and dispersed far and wide and each seed was free to develops as it could.

i'm pretty sure the engineer was seeding life itself onto planet earth, not just human life.

>be young director
>nervous, hectic work, either succeed or find a new job
>gather team of talented dudes and listen to their every word because all our livelihoods depend on this

>be old director
>have two legendary movies under belt
>people start fighting and pestering me
>muh vision
>people stop fighting and pestering me
>wonder why people just don't get it

>it was mostly cgi
lol

Evidently, the script was rewritten so fucking much it extended to when they were doing the actual shooting of the movie.

So stuff like "what was the green goo" and shit are simply remnants of previous scripts not being written back out, it's just badly cobbled together.

Ridley Scott is a hack. He made 2 good movies 30 years ago and they were probably good in spite of his involvement.

Nah, you don't make Alien and BR back to back without having talent and vision. Did he have great people around him then, yes, but he HIRED most of those people. He was shown the work of Giger and Ron Cobb and others and made the choice to bring them on. All good directors do this. With Alien he took what even the studio thought was a B-movie at best and turned it into one of the best movies ever made.

His sin was the same as Lucas's. You get old and everyone tells you you're the greatest and you start to believe the bullshit and you don't listen to anybody else anymore. And Prometheus is the result.

>Not even the memes were enough to make me understand what an unbelievably terrible movie it was

but you didn't say what made this movie terrible

the same way I can say that it was a masterpiece and my point is invalid because I give 0 arguments to support my view

[racemixing jewishly intensify]

You are forgetting that Gladiator is a masterpiece.

What's not to love about watching a guy fight for his life in ancient Rome times?

OP, you are just a goddamn retard. You didn't understand the movie and now you are upset. Go fuck yourself.

it's just an action movie

>His sin was the same as Lucas's. You get old and everyone tells you you're the greatest and you start to believe the bullshit and you don't listen to anybody else anymore. And Prometheus is the result

I can't believe that's the case. Ridley is too down-to-Earth to let shit get to his head

I think he just doesn't give a fuck about story. He got lucky with Alien, Blade Runner, and Gladiator in that the scripts were good. With Prometheus, he got a bland script and made it look really good. If the story had been solid, it would have been a classic

>you will never go to see it into a theater for the first time again.
damn, i was entertained the whole movie.

perfect summary

Yes, Prometheus was insanely bad, unrelatable characters and a convoluted plot regarding man and alien origin which was a big yawn.

Ridley Scott is the director of 3 favourite movies of mine, Alien, Blade Runner and White Squall.

In later years it's like he is just 'phoning it in', Gladiator was entertaining but forgettable, and unlike the aforementioned three movies, not one that I would ever want to rewatch, the rest I won't even mention.

But this seems like par for the course for directors from that era, Spielberg, Lucas, they've all gone crazy downhill, it's like the 80's were the peak for so many talented directors.

>defending shit
kys

Prometheus is a good film.
Only reddits who like to pretend that they've seen Alien hate it.

Except for running straight.

>see the movie when it came out
>thought it was good with some obvious but unimportant flaws
>defended it
>fast forward and I remember almost nothing about it
>Sup Forums likes it all the sudden, even though the past dozen threads I have seen about it were shitting on it
I don't understand

But Stuckmann liked it

what the fuck is white squall

>forgetting about kingdom of heaven

>what the fuck is white squall

Ridley Scott at his top game, beautifully shot, well acted, true story disaster drama set at sea.

he is our official guy

I have a feeling this movie is "bad" because it disrespected manchildren nostalgia.

As a stand-alone movie, it seems pretty cool. Might watch it today.

Listen to the dialogue. It is an existential movie. This is one of those movies I think is literally perfect on multiple levels (with some room for taste). Nothing sticks out and even the CGI is perfect. Its deeper than fast & furious.

Movie is so logically incoherent in so many different ways. It's really just a trainwreck. Starts out so solid, but then when they finally get to the alien planet the writers had no idea what was happening, just threw a bunch of shit at you hoping you'd find it mysterious; AKA the L O S T special. People don't hate it because it's bad; they hate it because it's a wasted opportunity to make an amazing movie: a big-budget sci-fi movie gets greenlit, but then they flush it down the drain by hiring that hack Lindeloff to write it.