Is it possible to fully experience music in the modern era if you've never taken drugs?

Is it possible to fully experience music in the modern era if you've never taken drugs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XCVyyQGoOio
youtube.com/watch?v=XvH2sHDrLsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

as long as your hearing works and your headphones or speaker function decently then you should be experiencing it just fine. Some dissaciative drugs may even hinder your hearing ability

No. You better start heroin.

But if the artist who created the music used drugs and you listen to the music without drugs, are you actually experiencing what the artist intended?

There's some that's not. Like you can't possible say you get psychedelic rock f you've never done a psychedelic like psycobilin mushrooms or LSD.

>. Like you can't possible say you get psychedelic rock f you've never done a psychedelic like psycobilin mushrooms or LSD.
i've never done any of those drugs and i have better taste in psych rock than majority of this board.

youtube.com/watch?v=XCVyyQGoOio
youtube.com/watch?v=XvH2sHDrLsQ

Yes and no. Even if the music is "made for drugs", that's just the artists' interpretation. Drugs are nothing but mood enhancers or a tool to change your perspective. And it's a different experience every time you listen to - even the same - music. There's no such thing as a full experience t b h.

>psych genres

God I fucking hate this shit. The whole psychedelic culture is such a cancerous one. I fucking love psychedelic drugs and I regularly microdose LSD but jesus fuck do I fucking hate this DUDE ACID LMAO subculture. Oh and not to mention that listening to that kind of music on ACTUAL psychedelic substances is pretty weak - it sounds so forced and gimmicky to my ears.

>better taste
this LITERALLY does NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!!

call it what you want. but majority of psych threads i've been making on this board. just turn into a shit thread about kids whining about tame impala. king gizz is the recent meme. but for all the ppl who talk about how lsd they take. they seem to hype on a select few artists over and over.

dissociatives are the best drugs to listen to music on though

you only live once so why not try it out

you can experiment listening to music in many states but to imply that someone who doesn't take drugs isn't "fully experiencing" music is pretty srupid

is this guy the definition of contrarian?

the psychedelic community as a whole is pretty pretentious and annoying. drug cultures really don't make sense to me

why does it really matter what the artist intended? why should the listener be expected to place themselves in the same conditions as the artist to fully understand the art? imo the art itself should be able to communicate those conditions to the listener.

What said, and I think its more about where you experience

Yes it does. I have better taste than most of Sup Forums

lmao I dont even like psych rock that much but off yourself my guy

I don't take drugs and I can only occasionaly fully experience music.
What drug do I need?
I want to experience what I did when I first listened to lysflath without knowing what post-rock is.

??? I'm not the original poster you think I am

lmao lurk more plen

I mean, the audience gets to interpret it through their own lens of course, but at the same time it's important to understand the intent of the artist. If you just look at a Jackson Pollack vs. a Claude Monet painting without knowing the intent of the artist and the history of the period it's not easy to compare them purely on technical merit, for example.

That's cause you don't know how to trip, user. You think everyone is wrong except you?
Proof: you microdose lsd. What a fucking complete waste of a drug. Why not just take a nootropic like adderall if you're not into the psychedelic experience?

How is it pretentious, if I may ask? It's just colorful. The whole point is too get in the right mindset to have breakthrough trips and enjoy it.

They're pretentious because they try to act as if some insights they've gained from tripping somehow makes them superior to others. I think a lot of people don't understand that your psychedelic experience is pretty subjective. What you experience under the influence of a drug is only really relevant to you. There's no "point" to tripping beyond what you wanna get out of it.

Well, it depends. LSD has a long history as a research drug in psychology and many psychedelics like DMT and LSA have thousands of years in religious use. It's all subjective, but that's how anything that works psychologically. I don't know many people who delve into a better-than-you-attitude who've taken psychs outside the internet and the culture as a whole is about love and nature way back to the hippie days. Nowadays the whole scene is about ignoring real life and just partaking in this experience which is both fun and potentially life-changing. You don't think the same way in a trip as you do sober. It's not inebriating either. I do think that people are missing out if they never do it and psychedelic music is tailored for the experience.

I mean I'm not saying that it's wrong to view psychs in this way. It's like how you'd tell someone from work about your vacation because your excited about an experience in life that possibly changed you. But the whole "love and nature" and hippies in general to me feel so cringey and dated to me. I've done a lot of psychedelics ever since I was a teenager and quickly got tired of how people treated them. They're cool drugs but not really ones that I think everyone should try or are necessary to appreciate psychedelic music.

I don't think it's date. Love and nature has always been the urge I get when tripping. It's really rewarding be in nature and be with people and animals you love. i feel it's only cringy when certain kinds of people who aren't very aware of themselves of things in general try to show everyone that.

I guess we can agree to disagree : )

objectively no
agreed. psych/hippie culture is so absurdly cringey. just as bad as the 4/20 high weed smokers

>Proof: you microdose lsd. What a fucking complete waste of a drug. Why not just take a nootropic like adderall if you're not into the psychedelic experience?
well you're a fucking moron jesus christ. everything you say from this point on is invalid