"I don't care who buys the record so long as they get to the Black people so I will be remembered when I die...

"I don't care who buys the record so long as they get to the Black people so I will be remembered when I die. I'm not playing for any white people, man. I wanna hear a black guy say 'Yeah, I dig Miles Davis.'"

what did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UDAQPuNh7_E
youtube.com/watch?v=GmeLKQ_pxZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=hSlb1ezRqfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is he silently acknowledging that white people would understand his music better and in less time than black people would? Because that's what I'm getting out of this quote.

Probably mad that black people aren't intelligent enough to appreciate his music unlike other races, which is probably why he tried to constantly dumb his shit down since Bitches Brew onwards.

Well he was the victim of racism at some points. I imagine when you grow up in a racially charged climate, you end up being forced to pick sides. He chose people of his color, and I think because of that he wants to see his "side" develop and retain its own culture.

I think his music will be remembered by people in general, there's no real need to force any particular race to subscribe to one's legacy after all

ITT: "Alpha" anti-sjw males whine and complain

>I wanna die with my hands around a black man's throat
???

shame white jews poisoned black ppl with hip hop music

You're right on the money but the issue is black people not appreciating forward-thinking music enough.
Like you know how rap is going through this experimental paradigm shift right now? It took almost 40 fucking years for that to happen.

really makes you think...

are you kidding me?
indie rock has just been nothing but hipsters reviving dead genres
its worse on the white side atm

>experimental paradigm shift right now?
I agree with you on the top part, but this is kinda dumb. De La Soul, Public Enemy, and Beastie Boys were already doing sampling techniques that make OPN and James Ferraro look amateur in comparison. Divine Styler's second record is pretty much Residents: Rap edition. A lot of DJ Screw's releases messed a lot with stereo effects. Or the many personas of Kool Keith.

It has been there for a long time now. But like you said, a lot of black people just don't seem to appreciate this kinda music. Divine Styler is a great example because of how much love he got from that audience for his more normal, first record, then the hate he got for his second one.

White people are all about reviving dead sounds and catching it up to modern sensibilities and styles.
The fact that indie is your central example says more about your own taste.

>The fact that indie is your central example says more about your own taste.
what else has been going on in rock music have i missed?

Bro whites don't even fuck with rock anymore
Prog folk and the mammoth that is Electronic music is what goes on

God damn black people are ugly

>what did he mean by this?
That he was a racist piece of shit?

damn
whats popping in prog folk right now?

He said this in the early '70s. You can either ignore the context or not. What he said was perfectly reasonable. Why would Miles Davis, a lauded black musician, want to appeal to whites in 1970s America?

sweet boxes - cracker

ITT: Racism

We get pleasure from his music anyway. :D

Let's see, the 1964 Civil Right Act, the Voting Rights Act, Affirmative Action, the Great Society. Sure was hard being black in the damn 1970's.

You are a fucking retard.

to be fair for a long time it was a situation where if you DID make some original hip hop the journalists would automatically exclude you and if there were too many of you, give you a new genre name, to keep things pure
happens in every genre, once money gets involved no one wants to fuck with the formula

>Sure was hard being black in the damn 1970's.

I'm sure you would have loved to do so in the deep south :)

you arent ashamed?

Hip Hop has always been experimental.

Ironically, most black people hate jazz. White people like jazz far more than black people.

No, i feel pleasure, why would i be ashamed? I've done nothing wrong.

no one hates jazz but can confirm most black people do not listen to jazz

That's their loss. :)

I know.
I hate when you actually try to talk music with blacks and their all "the fuck you know about it whyboi I ain't with that goofy shit hurrrrrr"

Have you seriously been called whiteboi before? Is it a coastal liberal shithole thing?

not their fault the jews have tricked them with hip hop. its the same way the jews trick the young kids into liking top 40 pop

The fuck is with his hair? is that real? also look at that nose, he is clearly part white.

yes

yup everything is immedately hunky dory can you at least try not to be retarded online you're adding to the landfill

the funniest thing is the only people who remember him are white people, black people don't give a flying fuck about miles davis or any jazz for that matter

the jews won in the end

strong generalization

thats funny
a racist faggot reads racist faggotry into things
who knew?

Sup Forums go.just go.
go now.
you
go
bye.
ok?

yea man all the young black kids love miles davis bro

fucking idiot

I get it.

t. alt-right

why is he wearing a white mans wig?

Why are you wearing your little sister's panties?

youtube.com/watch?v=UDAQPuNh7_E

>most jazz fans are white
>most fans of experimental hip-hop are white

it's happening again

Many do. They just probably prefer to listen to Kendrick

WTF I'M DELETING HIS DISCOGRAPHY

I know we're on Sup Forums but holy fucking shit the retardation is just too much.

did you hear Larry? we can stop being racist now! Yippee!

how can you be this retarded ?

American music's history is nothing but black people being the most adventurous only to see white people copy it and claim it as their own or dumbing it down.

This thread just shows how naive white people on here are. Did any of you try to give this quote any sort of historical context before posting or were you so triggered that reason went out the window and racism took it's place?

The hope for a more peaceful and "white friendly" means of fighting against racism and bringing the country together was literally gunned down a few years before Miles said this. Like it or not, injustice causes indignation in the best of people.

Guys i think he hates us

because they tenderly cradle my fruits and she makes me

Every picture tells a story donut. I can feel where Miles was coming from.

I'm not trying to soften anything but I don't think he hated whites, just hated the asskissing.

I did

Kenny is a huge faggot though.

Kenny G is jewish, not white.

damn what a nigger

>against racism
>being an apologist for blackie being racist against whitey
don't know how people are capable of this sort of double think
americoons are so strange

this is obviously a joke, he played with white people all his career

goddamn you guys get triggered so easily

that's a huge oversimplification and suggests you are the one who is ignorant of history

Your inability to make use of simple logic without being completely wrong will be your downfall.

It really just sounds like an overly cynical viewpoint that in a black community he would be a god but in a white community, he would just be one of many pioneers in music which is fair enough but also implies he cares too much about being viewed as a god.

Downfall of what, I don't live in America if you're trying to imply I stand for some white advocacy group or something, not sure what you mean by that word at all.
The historical context shouldn't excuse the prejudices he held in your mind, or you're a hypocrite if you claim to be against racism. Looking in the comment sections of shit like

you just see more retarded apologists like yourself trying to say he has the "right" to feel the way he does because whitey put a brother down in his time and it's a prejudice ingrained in the racial psyche of all basketball Americans of his generation. What a joke you are.

white people destroy everything they touch, read a fucking book sometime

look at hip hop

youtube.com/watch?v=hSlb1ezRqfA

He didnt care when he got that paycheck though.

an obese retarded manchild appeared!

i have a lot more respect for miles davis now

Yeah, but he wanted his music to reach more black people. Not all artists are in it for the money, that's why you didn't succeed right? Have you lost any weight?

well, it's been a nice three days..see yall when he gets temp banned again.

eric clapton said worse things back in the day but it's totally not racist because he was "drunk" or whatever

black people aren't allowed to make mistakes

I literally do not care about either person saying whatever, I'm talking from your perspective as a white liberal (I assume). You "people" disgust me at a very deep human level.

that makes me really want to get back into rock

maybe something original can finally be made, usually that's how it happens

the market gets over saturated with white corporate culture and eventually gets milked for all its worth and dies a slow lingering death

that's what's happening to hip hop, especially with trap

>have you lost any weight.
I'm 233lbs

SHUT

THE

FUCK

UP

cuck

how do you gain 10 pounds in a month? that's actually impressive

I'm not white and not too fond of liberals either, but whatever you say bro.

Stop bullying my husbando

then you're just wrong and don't disgust me
jog on nigger

justin and lauren are engaged now