What should I tell people my favorite movie is?

What should I tell people my favorite movie is?

The plane scene in The Dark Knight Rises

Drive

old school

The Big Lebowski is a good bet.

It's not a drama and it's not obscure so you don't come off as pretentious. At the same time it's also critically acclaimed and not quite truly mainstream so you also don't come off as a total pleb.

Citizen Bane

lord of the rings

American History X

Some foreign film they probably never heard of.

Something old but not too old (70s-early 90s) well received but not quite GOAT material in terms of critical reception, well known but not too well known. Nothing foreign as that will appear pretentious. Nothing animated as that would appear childish. Something like Hunt for Red October

The Godfather

I've never seen it but based on people's reactions when I say "I've never seen it", it's a good one to call your favorite if you want to be socially accepted.

Double Dragon

can't go wrong with Goodfellas or any Kubrick post 1970

Whatever your favourite movie is, duh.

>being an adult
>having a favorite movie
pick one

One that doesn't show your power level

Terminator 2

"I only watch kino"

When normies ask this, they want to hear the name of a movie they've at least heard of if not seen. So just pick your favorite movie that normalfags know exists. I usually say mine is Apocalypse Now. A great movie, not my favorite of all time, but most people at least have heard of it. If I told them my actual favorite (pic related) I'd have to follow it up with an awkward explanation of what the movie is about, and probably get sidetracked trying to tell someone who doesn't care what French New Wave is or something. No point wasting your time like that.

Test (2016)

Shrek 2

Apocalypse Now

That's mine and I have no shame in saying it

my favorite movie is Cloverfield. How much of a pleb am I?

I always say Mulholland drive

about as normie as it gets

12 Angry Men, Heat, No Country for Old Men

Plebimus Maximus

L'Ascension du Chevalier Noir

Idris Elba

>Udgement is Comin

What did they mean by this?

Is this some fucking meme? Why not just tell them your favorite movie is your favorite movie?

I always say There Will Be Blood. That's why people must hate me.

Godfather part I

Pulp Fiction (1994)

Eyes wide shut

If you're a patrician that is.

Boruto: Naruto the Movie

what if I have the wrong opinion?

Forrest Gump
Good yet inoffensive

fightclub.

because brad pitt turned you gay.

>CONFIRMED

Honestly Rush Hour 2

the same as them

This fucking gem

it's sad to me that people actually live their lives this way, why do you care so much about what someone else thinks about you

because i'm a human being? stop being so autistic, you wouldn't go around telling people your favorite film was a clockwork orange or something they'd look at you like a leper

>what's your favorite movie
>>taxi driver
>oh wow you're creepy

Stalker

Pulp Fiction
2001 a Space Odyssey
Shawshank Redemption

The Tree of Life

> 2001

biggest bait and switch I have ever seen. It was just a bunch of monkeys running around and had nothing to do with space. turned that shit off before it could waste any more of my time. fucking kubrick.

that's a pretty acceptable film to like nowadays, i'd imagine

not that i don't like it, my favorite kubrick movie

Fucking this.

Jesus, way off, apply yourself

If your favorite movie is art house schlock you're a friendless tryhard fag.

There was 3 arcs, and the monkeys only were in the first part. I'm sorry you don't have the attention span to watch one of the most influential scifi films of all time.

>People take interest in him

How bout your favourite movie is 'Get The Fuck Off My Board'

Braveheart

The K-On Movie

/thread

>mfw someone tells me their favorite movies are 2001, The Holy Mountain and Gummo

a serbian film (the film)

It was more of a movie imo

Could be, but that movie is a piece of shit so fuck that.

Gone With The Wind

Chicks love it because it's a love story, dudes know it's because it was a better time when you could smack hysterical females and darkies knew their place.

Apocalypse Now