XXXTentacion is the next Kanye West

He is the only artist comparable to Kanye. He is not just another manufactured rap star, he is a complete artist. He is not someone that is being controlled by a record label. Jahseh "XXXTentacion" Onfroy, is singlehandedly one of the most innovative and unique rap artists of this decade.

He is a melodic genius, he is also a producer, his beats are experimental, innovative, unique, he isn't afraid to experiment, he is constantly evolving and changing his style. XXXTentacion, from the beginning, has always pushed boundaries and has continued to make progressive music that others could only hope to imitate.

His voice is an instrument. He wants you to look beyond just the lyrics. They are there just to complement the music, they are an application of the voice as an instrument rather than a medium for verbal communication and storytelling. His voice and his sounds are something that no one else is doing. XXXTentacion obviously isn't a Kendrick/Drake type of rapper with outstanding rapping ability but he still manages to make better music than them.

His mixtape, Revenge, is an extremely introspective and personal record. It allows you to better understand the perspective and emotions of Jaseh Onfroy. The mixtape has become a bridge for white youth to enjoy the art of the black inner city and empathize with the likes of Jaseh and that is what is so wonderful about art. We are able to see who he really is and understand him. The post-jail interview on 103.5 Beat shows that he is a surprisingly soft-spoken young man and it gives you all the more reason to care about him.

There was no XXXTentacion before XXXTentacion. He is not emulating anyone, he isn't trying to be anyone. He has no influences. When Look At Me came out of nowhere, everyone loved it because nothing sounded like it.

He has accomplished so much at such a young age, can you imagine what his music is going to sound like in 5 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZiBTCsD0kUk
youtu.be/MB5othIXvJA
youtu.be/n8p4aUDVeh8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's going to sound even worse
get over it

I mean except he stole mc ride vocal deilevery

>midget spinner

Kek

hmm, I've never thought about this before, I mean I've always thought these soundcloud rappers were just aping off actual innovative artists like ugly mane and grips, but can you provide me an example that makes you say this?

hes way more verstile than ride...

So original, I saw that thread too

>bout the same height as an elf
>AY
>can't even reach the top shelf
>AY
>clothes as a kid all still fit
>AY
>use a highchair when I sit
>AY
>mommy still tells me I'm tall
>AY
>play with high heels when I ball
>AY
>just like Napoleon I rule
>AY
>middleschool fans think I'm cool
>AY
>fit in handbags when I hide
>AY
>amusement parks don't let me ride
>AY
>only seen through a microscope
>AY
>tough guy persona can't cope
>AY

>LOOK AT ME
>HARD TO SEE
>LOOK AT ME
>YUAGH

>LOOK AT ME
>HARD TO SEE
>LOOK AT ME
>YUAGH

Truly groundbreaking stuff

He's still corny as Nebraska though.
Also, in the XXL cypher preview, it shows him "free styling" without any music.
This makes me think he can't actually free style.

>actual innovative artists like mane and grips
nice bait

why don't you explain to me why that's bait

I was gonna skip this artist but is he actually good? Where to start?

no, he's shite

All those words but he's still a talentless little trashman kek

excuse me but Kanye is the next Kanye West

youtu.be/ZiBTCsD0kUk
youtu.be/MB5othIXvJA
youtu.be/n8p4aUDVeh8

Listen to these songs with an open mind.

ITT: butthurt kanye west fans that have no rebuttals except "kek he sucks" or memes

>taking kanye west seriously at all

are you a teenager

>when someone with a stunted vocabulary tries to make one of those memes
They aren't even funny in the first place but this is truly awful

I think the filename already covered that.

who do you think are the real innovative artists in hip hop then? not bait just curious

haha

Nigga did you just slightly tweak my pasta?

>when you try to be overly verbose but averaged D's in English class

This is basically songwriting and lyricism on par with Linkin Park, appealing to the same sort of sentiments, but bedroom produced so is of course drenched in reverb to mask the amateur production (which can't hide however and only contributes further to the garish digital clipping).
There's nothing interesting whatsoever here; four-chord guitar accompaniment to mumbled sad vocals is a diamond dozen on bandcamp, soundcloud etc. and generally a cause for ridicule outside of them.
The aggressive portion of that last track is the only attempt at disembarking from the dull singer-songwriter shlock, and at doing something interesting with song structure and instrumentation but for whatever reason he decides to just go from one cliché to another (one that's arguably more embarrassing and poorly written); after grabbing the listener's attention with an effort to subvert their expectation with a change of pace, he instantly disappoints and loses steam by using a completely expected chord progression funnelled through an almost satirical "heavy" guitar tone and ride-and-crash heavy drum track.

recycled

You just don't get it.

>taking rap seriously
>considering rap a serious art

Kill yourself.

he stole his sound from denzel curry and he has produced no song as far as i know, Ronny J is responsible for his instrumentals as well as a lot of other soundcloud rappers. Its crazy Ronny J isn't getting any notoriety

Feel free to exxxplain it for me then please.

Ok i listened to it, mind not blown
Combo of lil uzi vert and Odd Future
What’s so great about this?
Someone post a track that will change my mind?

nah he really hit that shit on the nose. theres a reason X is so popular and its bc a bunch of teens-20somethings who dont listen to much music stumbled upon him and think its new and interesting.
i think he had a couple good tracks off members only vol 2 but everything else ive heard is shit
cant really see the appeal

Lil Uzi is XXXTentacion with the Odd Future removed

Ronny J is a fucking legend, and anyone with half a brain should know that, my man. As for denzel, xxx just sounds like a lot madder version of him, with way worse lyrics and flow.

>hears Punk Weight one time
>"BITCH I'M SIPPIN TEA. IN YAH HOOD. WHAT THE FUCK IS UP."
can he be anymore obvious?

keep in mind this is his first 8 in years

he gave an 8 to Phonemenomicon this year

this is what they said about rock and roll