Any tips to get into this game?

Any tips to get into this game?

Got it today and I'm already overwhelmed by it and kinda bored.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xKkspGPsWcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh im so so sorry.

ive been playing it some hours now. AWEFUL

how can a game with such a high production value have such shit gameplay

play it on easiest difficulty. its not fun enough on hardest just masochistic. its the crappy higher difficulty = less damage more health to weak game design, AMONG OTHER FLAWS.

I was a bit overwhelmed too. I love the game but I can't play it for longer than a couple hours at a time. It doesn't help that the very nature of a Witcher makes Geralt hard to relate to and really get into it.
I recommend turning the difficulty up, I found it more enjoyable with extra challenge. Mix your playtime up by switching between Contracts, Secondary Quests, Main Story, and Treasure hunts.

I have no desire to play it any more. the grind, the shitty gameplay, im only lvl 3 and already sick of it.

Err overwhelmed isn't the right word. Disregard that first statement plz

Put points in your Quen sign, and keep your shield active as much as you can early game. Finish every quest and point of interest in White Orchard before moving on. Upgrade healing potions (Swallow & White Raffards Decoction) as soon as you can. Once you get comfortable with your build and controls, don't be afraid to tackle monsters that out level you. I can take down monsters 15 levels above me if I approach them strategically. Play Gwent. And take your time before going to Skellige. But once you hit Skellige, enjoy it, that's one of the best maps on the game. Also play with your skill tree, and try different builds, don't like what you got, look for merchants selling, "Potion of Clearance", to respec. I'm on my fourth playthrough, and I'm still always discovering new things, so enjoy, take your time, and good luck on the path.

OP here,
I don't understand how Skyrim hooked me right from the start and yet I'm already bored after an hour on the Witcher 3.

Do you think playing this game without playing the previous ones is a mistake? This is the first Witcher game I play.

I honestly preferred the second Witcher. Worse graphics, a little less true to the books, but nobody cares about the books. You can spend days in chapter two and love every minute. Chapter one isn't that fun, if you don't know the map. Kind of confusing, is the reason.

Nobody played Witcher 1 and 2, dude. Everybody bought Witcher 3 then went back and played the others.

I know Gwent is the card game, but what does it do or how does it enhance my gameplay? I got into the tutorial but was immediately overwhelmed by it; almost like a game within a game and I'm already getting used to the main game's controls so I just abandoned the tutorial.

its a pile of dog shit. no wonder i put off playing it for so long. my spider sense is too good when it comes to shitty games.

any one giving it 9/10 or 10/10 has utter shit taste in games and is probably has not played many good games

Makes sense. They share the same genre but the Witcher and Skyrim are very different from each other.
The quests to begin with aren't very interesting and meant to familiarize yourself with the controls and the landscape.
Soon after you are confronted with quests that have some very heavy moral philosophies. The Bloody Baron mandatory quest line is one good example. The gameplay throughout quests can have very high impact outcomes on characters and story, so you may enjoy it more when you get to those points.

i tried to get into witcher 1 but it didnt interest me. i did play and beat witcher 2 enjoyed it to.

my opinion on witcher 3? it could have been one of the greatest games but who the fuck is managing this shit. they messed up bad.

i blame consoles really..

Goddamn dude. You're overwhelmed by anything. Have you ever played an RPG before? I don't think this game is 10/10 by far but I at least give it a chance where it's due. Gwent is simpler than Pokemon so it's insane if the first demo overwhelmed you.

I tried to do the first Witcher game before I played the 2nd and 3rd but I couldn't get past the first mission. The PC controls are just awful and I didn't have the patience to get through it

It was introduced way too early into the game, and you've yet to tell me WHY I should play it.

even tho im befuddled that such horrid game flaws made it in. listen to this user and give it a chance.

haha yea i knew this was a bait thread

1/10 got me to sage

kanker joden

Pro tip, dont fuck both bitches

There is no gameplay-wise reason to play it. It's a mini game they put in for fun, and I beleive they are releasing it as a standalone multiplayer game to compete with the strategy card game trend that happening.

>you insulted my favorite game therefore its a bait thread

Here
youtu.be/xKkspGPsWcs
Watch it it will help you out OP

have you tried developing some fucking attention span? damn millennials

its just boring dude.
the witcher series was never for everyone

what exactly is witcher supposed to be?

is it pretending to be something its not?
it looks fun but ....

I can promise you it's not a bait thread. I'm simply having a hard time starting out.

Maybe because I'm fresh out of Shadow of Mordor and Sniper Elite 4 in which you're right at the action that now I find this rather slow and boring.

Yes, I know they're different genres and games, but fuck it man.

>It doesn't help that the very nature of a Witcher makes Geralt hard to relate to and really get into it.
yeah. it took a while for me to get used to his VA.

I didn't really like it at first, but you'll get more into the game as you progress through the main story. I'd say just try doing some of the main story missions and you'll be okay.

My problem at first was finding things to do.

The quests only start getting good in the middle and towards the end, to which they become awesome. The dlc' s are great Too, it's not like skyrim for the fact that its more technical and difficult like dark souls.

>basically, git guud faggot
It's one of the best games I've ever played, and I've played a lot of games, but it's probably because I can relate to Geralt a great deal

op here im a megafaggot

Are you not into RPGs? I think Wild Hunt is a serious contender against Skyrim the map is actually 20% bigger than Skyrim's and filled with tons of side quests and interesting monsters (also Geralt s in my opinion more interesting than the blank slates you play as in other RPGs). If you don't like open world RPGs you probably won't like it though

Don't grind for XP you'll get nowhere, quests give you more XP than killing monsters. Complete a few and you'll level up faster

do a little light reading on the lore to catch up. but don't bother reading the books. they are plain awful.

literally only got one chapter into the last book before i had to set it down because [spoiler]that fucking awful polish fuck of an author literally had ciri time/spacetravel to go be part of king arthur's roundtable.[/spoiler] fucking awful writing.

>its not fun enough on hardest

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Levels 1-3 feel extremely slow and then you fly from 4-20 without even noticing.
Wear light armor, and take the cat school upgrade. Add every light attack bonus you can get.
Also, play on Death March you pussy.

I never even bothered with Gwent, ignored it and nothing of value was lost

total bait

Theres not a person alive who disliked Witcher 3
Its the perfect expression of a modern RPG.
Quality realistic models, animations, combat, etc.
DLC is loaded to the max and not forced
Enough fresh content to last well beyond 100 hours
No shitty gay fuck fetch quests, every quest is real and unique.
Some real wither-unique lore and monsters, not the same humans, elves, and dwarves against orcs and demons bullshit.

God damn this game was good.

Pretty much this.
They created a world that is rich with fascinating quests and interesting characters, but I agree it is very difficult to decide (or find) the next thing to do.

the combat is shite mate. do i wanna wack away at artificially inflated health in a combat model i dont care about or do i want to get it over with?
its not fun on just the story or death march.

i must be spoiled by games whos devs know what theyre doing gameplay wise

OH WELL!

>it could have been one of the greatest games

Nigga the game is already considered to be the pinnacle of triple A gaming, the fuck are you smoking?

White Orchard is pretty much a demo area, once you leave it leveling is way faster. Don't forget to find all the Places of Power. Early on the skill points they give can be invaluable

by "triple A gaming" you mean console gaming, right?

Most overhyped game in existence. It's really just a bit above average rpg

>i must be spoiled by games whos devs know what theyre doing gameplay wise

Oh please, do tell.

I found one "place of power" but it had a wraith or something that raped me.

I need help with Witcher 2

I've enjoyed Witcher 1, but I can't play witcher 2 because the dialogs are non-predictable.

I chose "No" but PC says something else it even swears. How do I solve that?

By "triple A gaming" I mean all games developed and published by major studios with a high budget. Whatever the platform.

Didn't mean to quote

Honestly I found it almost a bit like Dark Souls, rolling to avoid attacks and picking your strikes at the right moment. crafting the modifiers that can give you an edge (oils, potions, bombs, etc) makes the combat deeper than DS, maybe not quite as hard but more complex in the way you can fight

pick only from the Brown skills
it will be easy mode

>pinnacle of triple A gaming,

in terms of.......?
it has an amazing production value and yet its got some serious flaws that should not be present in the final product. these flaws flare up often and due the the length of the game i am constantly reminded of them. constantly annoyed by them. how did the devs fuck up this bad?

they either know what theyre doing and its intentional or dont know what theyre doing and dont know that its a problem.

How did the devs fuck up?

There are like 6 of them in White Orchard, also you need to make sure you're using the right weapons/oils/bombs because the monsters all have different strengths and weaknesses to exploit.

Can you please elaborate a bit? I've seen several anons mention these vague fuck ups and I'm having a hard time understanding what they are

>Story writing
>Open world visuals
>Big world with many things to explore, loot, etc
>Deep lore

What flaws do you have a gripe with? The combat (although not the best) has some depth to it with oils, signs, upgrades, builds and so on. The exploration aspect of he game is immense and fun.

You unlock some side quests by winning Gwent games. Other than that it's not important at all.

But it's extremely easy to win in Gwent, just use Northern Realms and collect spy cards.

Thanks user.

Also the romance options are somewhat substantial unlike the practically celibate relationships in Skyrim/Fallout 4 where there isn't a cut-scene and actually trying to flirt is ham-fisted as fuck. Although don't be too much of a manwhore or there will be unforeseen consequences later, in Fallout 4 you can have a relationship with almost all companions and none of them act jealous or anything unless you do it right in front of them

No.

Thought so.

>Also the romance options are somewhat substantial unlike the practically celibate relationships in Skyrim/Fallout 4

Yes, that's why I love mods in Skyrim. I have only played like 2h of Fallout 4 and it bored the shit out of me. But I agree, Vanilla Skyrim relationships are shit.

I really never understood all the hype for this game. Shit got old fast.

Sup Forumstards really are autistic
the story should help getting in, that or read the books for context if you like
*le fedora tip*
/thread
neckbeards can keep their dumb hentai games

to actually understand 100% of this game you need to be polish, and know all this cultural and literary stuff to get all references.

also in english dubbing Geralt sounds like if he had no balls

It's overrated.

Ever have a bad movie you like? You have to sit back and savor the bad writing and the edgelord protagonist.

Neil Breen's films are too good

ill list a few off the top of my head before i goto bed

button mashy main attack. i can keep spamming light attack and stun lock enemies. this feels shallow and cheap.

large hit boxes ive noticed, seems like a minor issue until i investigate it further. but i did see my model get hit when the weapon didnt touch me.

the animations are good but have clunky response times. Wanting realistic animations for everything is very noble of a dev team but that doesnt mean they should feel so clunky.

getting one shotted by a bandit just because hes higher level feels artificial. yet i must wack at his health for quite some time. i get it, higher lvl enemies are supposed to be dangerous but lowering my dmg vs higher level enemies is a bit cheap. why must we have these artificial damage modifiers based on level differences? If a high lvl monster can shot me thats fine but let me damage him without the level difference modifier. high risk high reward.

Getting locked into combat if enemies are near and cant step over foot high obstacles because of it. maneuvering or trying to escape becomes frustrating due to the camera locking onto enemies and messing up your movement.

having to go through cut scenes all over again if you die. f5 to quick save fixes so its a minor issue.

Are we playing for story or combat or both? what if the combat was great and the quests and story was shit? would people still give it such a high score? I lowered the difficulty not because im bad but because i dont give a shit about this system and cant be bothered. but you see if theres no fun combat during a quest then why am i playing for the quests?

I believe the flaws can be fixed i really do. but do the devs see them? Its been a year now?

The combat can be shallow or it can be deep
I could ignore the flaws and roleplay as a gamer who isnt bothered with that shit.

It needs a quality pass.
thats enough if thers errors or typos to bad

>738179762
you bore me
at least be amusing in your shit posting

This fag doesn't know what the fuck hes talking about.

im afraid i do. the games so good and so bad at the same time

>button mashy main attack
All the enemies will dodge/parry and punish you for mashing attacks, so i don't get that one
>large hit boxes
Possible, didn't notice that tho
>one shotted by a bandit with higher level
That's a rpg nigga. That's how they've been made for ages and if you don't like that then don't play fucking rpg's
>getting locked into combat
That one couldn't be more true, but i blame lack of buttons on console controllers
>combat or story
Combat IS a part of story. That's the nature of the witcher franchise. Getting to know the monster you are hunting, creating the right gear, finding their weak sides. That's how it always was, even in the books
>combat is shallow
Ye on easy it is can't deny that

shoulda played the first two to get a feel for the level of shit youre getting into

Not even remotely true. Plenty of people played 2, which is the whole reason that anyone gave a shit when 3 came around. On top of those, there are people like me who picked up on the hype, bought 2 and completed it just in time for 3 to come around.

Taken 1 is a good movie I like.

Play Gwent you will progress through the game solely to get more cards the mini game is what got me into the game itself ha ha

Or just download the standalone version off of gog?

>>combat is shallow
Ye on easy it is can't deny that

this implies i only played it on easy. i played death march for the majority of my play then switched to easy to just get it over with

Ya the stand alone is pretty fun as well working to collect the cards in the game was pretty fun though but I overall enjoyed the whole game i guess. Ha ha.

If the first Gwent game overwhelmed you I'm sorry OP but you are retarded. It's the simplest card game ever, go back to cod pls.

damn same OP, I buy all kinds of popular games but it's less relaxing than I'd like it to be.