ITT You try to suggest a better shitty movie than Starship Troopers

ITT You try to suggest a better shitty movie than Starship Troopers.

Protip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYYkgkQwJf0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Cool cat saves the kids
>Trolls 2
>Druids
>Attack of the killer Tomatoes!
>Baby geniuses 1 & 2
Are those worse OP? I know they're terrible but I haven't seen Starship Troopers yet.

Star wars

The room

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil

Enjoy, OP.

OP here. To clarify I mean shitty movies that are actually fucking awesome whilst still being fucking terrible at the same time.

Gonna have to agree with OP tbh. It's my favourite movie, and even I know it's fucking sbwriel.

Only other movie that comes to mid for being hot shit and ab fab is Kung Fury

Pic related; AKA "The Prophecy"

Easy: literally anything Quentin Tarantino

Inb4 virgins defending his edge lord movies

What is this.. comedy central at 2pm on a Tuesday?

You need more electrolytes

Op here. I agree to a certain extent, but the accuracy of this movie just makes me sad. It also makes me thirst for Brondo.

Hey mother fucker! It's what plants crave.

Fifth element
Spaceballs

God this movie. I remember when this came out and my friends and I used to joke about how "the world is headed that way" now when I bring the movie up people just get sad.

Any pothead movie

I give you 2 Internets sir. Both good choices. Not as shitty in an awesome way as Starship Troopers but close.

Enlightening............

Reefer Madness?

...and now Rock will run next election....

the amazing bulk

Iz dis a reel movee? Orr jus a inbred slav with bread on his shit?

citizen kane

Starship troopers was done EXACTLY as it should have been done.

Check'd

Time to buy stocks in Gatorade

Salo is so shitty it's fucking hilarious. I sigh every time I watch it.

Pulp Fiction

Miami Connection

The super mario bros movie

Agree though demolition man is pretty great in that category.

Pleb. Get on my level.

Weed + Dr. Strange

Donnie Darko is shit tier

Honestly at this point, sure, why not.

Op here. Agreed. Hence the challenge no one can post a better awesome shitty movie.

If the movie Starship trooper had been done like the book it would have been great. But the movie is shit

You high nigga?

That is kinda the point.

merely commenting friend

I wonder how Heinlein would have felt about it. The book was much more serious. And Juan "Johnny" Rico is filipino.

Also, motherfucking power armor.

Just that would have made for a great movie
but its other things like his teacher didn't end up being his LT. Flores was just some guy in the platoon. Different aliens

Only problem, starship troopers isn't a shitty movie, it's a satire, and a good one.

The entire movie we watch is a propaganda film created to militarize the youth of that world. This is set up at the start, and acknowledged at the end.

The only character in the movie who is self aware of this fact is NPH, as the intelligence officer. This is the reason that the main character is such a 1 dimensional meathead. He, and everyone else are intended to be stupid caricatures, as is the plot. Then they show us a fun propaganda film meant to glorify earth's miter prowess against the evil aliens.

But maybe you already knew this, a surprising amount of people who like the movie do not realize this.

Skyline and Teenage Caveman.

Literally any other movie ever made.

dawn of dead

Not a bad movie, a great movie. Well made. Full of humorous vignettes.

Personal favorite parts are the homeless gourmets, the old lady who squeezes stuff too hard, and the scene in which a man embarrasses his bosses by knowing too much about fine dining.

The book is actually a good book. The movie doesn't even seem to be trying to tell the story in the book. It's was just it's own thing.

*military prowess

He was a bubble head so he was obviously a faggot. Also fuck the tiny dick flips. They made Rico an Alpha not a beta cuck asian.

Waterworld.

But Druids is Adam Lambert's finest work.

There's two ways to look at tge movie and enjoy it..
One is face value. It's a fun movie killing aliens.
Another is as a satire of the message in its source material. A different take on the same story, highlighting the nuttier aspects of the world in the book.

Looking at it any other way will probably make you hate the movie.

It looks like a propaganda film because the book is really easy to interpret as pro-military propaganda. Big Boss would fucking love it.

UHF
Mom and dad save the world

You are correct I did realize this hence the whole reason for this post. Is there anything else out there that comes close? I have not found it.

anything by
ae van vogt
michael moorcock
robert e howard
jack vance

beat all that marxist fag tier shit

Do you have any thoughts that don't take the form of memes? What a strange world you must live in.

Much better than people say but too much terrible and not enough awesome.

Try boondock saints.

It's a storm of shitty clichés and adolescent power fantasy, and it is awesome.

>Waterworld.
underrated film. excellent mythology. need to see one of the longer cuts to have it all come together.

But that movie is genuinely amazing.

Are you in the right thread, friend? We're talking about movies.

P.S.: Who's a Marxist? Heinlein was a libertarian.

Never knew there were memes about Robert Heinlein being in the Navy. What a strange world YOU must be living in.

>Pro tip- Don't fuck with a boss

Big trouble in little china

Shaun of the Dead

pretty much anything with Nicholas Cage

Alien Covenant

I know. Take this.

Heinlein was a hardcore liberal early on. It's kind of funny watching his pendulum swing over the years of his writing.

Nothing comes to mind. Clockwork orange and American psycho are both great satire, but not really bad movies in any form.

Point break is pretty awful great.

>Alien Covenant
We're talking about *good* shitty movies.
SOTD is the unfunniest spoof I've possibly ever watched.

Lol, nice try I will give you one internet for that one. At least I know you a man of finer tastes.

I've never read a biography of him, so...

But I was under the impression he was more conservative in his early years, then turned into a dirty old liberal man.

OP here: I am going to need a solid argument on this one. I have not finished this movie but I was loving what I saw so far.

Shaun of the dead is amazing. So is hot fuzz. Edgar Wright is a great film maker. I just rewatched it.

First half hour, there is literally not a wasted moment in drawing humor out of every single possible moment.

>hoser

All good entries. Well done. OG Point Break is also one of the most awesome shitty movies of all times.

>ctrl+f
>poultry...
>0 results
>0
poultrygeist you fucking plebs

I'll have to re-watch this one. It has been recommended so many times but when I watched it I just thought its was terrible not terribly awesome.

>Shaun of the dead is amazing.
Dear God, you probably think Super Troopers was funny too.

Zombieland >> SOTD
(that's "much greater than)

at least he's not an old idiot and he's a true alpha man, the cuck in charge now can't even take the hand of his wive cause she slaps him down

youtube.com/watch?v=TYYkgkQwJf0

fucking normie

The fifth element

Try watching this first. It will give a good idea of what to look for in his movies, and what he does differently than most other directors.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag

Also a good guide for his movie in theaters now, Baby Driver, which is more of a straight action movie with humorous moments, sorta like an even more stylized, slightly more serious Transporter.

I did not. Watch the YouTube link.

Starship Troopers is fucking awesome.

Hardware is a good shitty movie.

>fucking normie
Zombieland: actually funny
SOTD: painfully unfunny

Welp, guess I'm a normie.

Black dynamite (the movie not the tv show) is actually pretty fucking funny it was made to look like a 1970's black empowerment piece but its satirical so it just a "look at all these silly niggers" movie

>Watch the YouTube link.
Fuck no. Somebody gave me a copy as a gift. I got rid of it.

Holy shit I just sent the movie

Sharknado

What in the fuck?! No mention of the room or the Harry Potter series?!

RoboCop

>Harry Potter
*good* shitty movies
Harry Potter wasn't shitty; neither was it good (popular != good).

The link is not to the movie, it's to a guide to his style of visual comedy. But suit yourself.

>Baaawww thread it is

So, I just went to look up the specific books I was thinking about. Apparently they were written over a longer time frame and aren't so much liberal as his approach to solving practical problems that hardcore libertarianism can't. Rational Anarchist and all that. Have an ideal but deal with reality.

And Stranger in a Strange Land isn't really liberal on second thought. It just felt that way to me when I read it due to filthy hippy associations.

>implying it's not better in the original Spanish

Actually funny in places, tbh, unlike SOTD.