Nobody really cares that Gene Wilder died

Nobody really cares that Gene Wilder died.

It's not as if he was fit to play any more sequential roles in films. He wasn't even good at acting in his prime, and his methods were lackluster.

Honestly? Johnny Depp is the true Wonka.

The 2005 film had 83% on RT, whereas the first movie was 89%. Not very accurate, no?

While Depp was versatile and has played many roles before, he's definitely exceeded Wilder in his glory years.

Again. Nobody cares.

Here's you (OP)

Fuck off Slugworth

Mediocre bait.

You're right, nobody cares.

That remake sucked. It's missing the songs.

>OOMPA
>LOOMPA

The remake is far superior.

Not only does it add more from the book that the original left out, but it adds more new and interesting stuff.

>That cunny blowing the bubble gum
I'd give her something to blow

I don't think Wilder was that special, but Wonka was a fantastic performance from him.
The remake was alright, but Depp was easily the worst part about it.

I fapped to this scene once

But source material isn't what always makes a good movie.

Depps Wonka seems disconnected and socially awkward while Wilder was more down to earth and charming. Burton took a path that although did give Wonka a slightly more in depth complex he unfortunately blended in an unnecessary amount of blatant creepiness to try and set it apart from the original. Stuart's version does have that sort of ambience, but you feel it at the scenes you're suppose to feel it at.

Who the fuck cares about the book when watching a musical?

>It's fairly common knowledge that Roald Dahl despised Mel Stuart's Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, the 1971 film adaptation of his classic children's book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Not only was he averse to Wilder's performance as eccentric candy-peddler Willy Wonka (the author wanted Spike Milligan for the role), he was irritated that it placed more emphasis on Wonka at the expense of the book's good-hearted hero Charlie Bucket (Peter Ostrum).
You see? Even the author himself didn't like the original movie adaption.

I can guarantee that if he were still alive today he would have appreciated the Johnny Depp version.

Authors always hate their adaptions. Get the fuck out of here with your Burton/Depp trash, no one with any respect of filmmaking at all likes that trash.

I care because they didn't adapt the book good enough for audiences who never read it. Instead they were given a very watered down version. Of course Gene Wilder was great fun and the nightmare tunnel scene is one of the best movie moments in history I'd say but the way that the film abruptly ended with no 3rd act like the book and the remake had is what annoys me.

They didn't even bother showing what the kids looked like after their mischief like the book and remake explains.

>preferring an upbeat musical rather than an emotional story driven film about a son who makes things well with his father again

Dahl was literally a we should go back to slavery guy, a pedophile, and a generally awful person, so fuck what he thinks. The movie is better than his shit book. He would have been a great Sup Forumstard

How nice of you to share your opinion with Sup Forums, tumblr

>once
Kek try about every fucking day

whats wrong with slavery?

WONKA WONKA

can someone explain this?

What a fucking faggot you are, OP.

I'd rather not. it's embarrassing even thinking about the fucking people I share this fetish with.

>feeling shame on an anonymous mongolian basket-weaving board

you'll be fine m8

I'm just happy I look like a normal person to counter balance jerking it to fat blue people

how did they react?

>tfw no one mentions his performance in Blazing Saddles.

The subtle weed curing his alcoholism as the movie progressed was hilarious, and none of the other characters even mentioned it.

>tfw no one mentions his performance in Blazing Saddles.

It's being torrented like crazy though.

This is a troll thread about Depp, not dead honky general.