What made the sequels so shit compared to the first film?

What made the sequels so shit compared to the first film?

they stopped ripping from Ghost in the shell like the original did.

Even the guy who made ghost in the shell said it.

The wachozkis are one trick pony hacks. To the point that they even hacked their pewees.

they're just as good

Estrogen

I liked Reloaded... I thought Revolutions was garbage but, at the least, Reloaded got me excited for the ultimately underwhelming finale.

Same reason every rushed sequel to a left field runaway smash it that never intended to have a sequel sucks: the filmmakers had no idea what made the first movie popular

I never even liked the Matrix much to be honest. it's not a bad movie but but it's not great.

All three, great movies.

I just wanted to confess to you guys.
I liked the dock battle. Sure those power loaders suits made no sense without a means to protect the driver, but I still liked it.

KNUCKLE UP

These make more sense.

>KNUCKLE UP
If you play a "knuckle up" drinking game during that scene, you'll die of alcohol poisoning

Made no sense to fight the Machines with machines. They shoulda had organic weapons like Golobulus and Cobra-La.

They killed off all of the characters that made the original interesting, a movie is not meant to have a sequel if you kill 75% of the characters.

I always thought the ones on the docks were the chassis of the fully armored ones and the zionists didn't have the resources to fully repair

movies are not interesting if all original characters magically survive

Yeah, and? They still killed every single member of the original crew, they were all great fits and helped hold the movie together, The Matrix was great, and made shit by the horrible, unplanned sequels.

They nerfed Neo.
At the end of the first you get the feeling that the world bends to Neos will and not the other way around now. He has transcended all that jazz.

Yes, the tragedy of losing such well developed characters like switch and apoc
I'll give you mouse and dozer actually had personalities though

dude, switch was qt

>"not like this"
broke my heart

Tonally, it's a completely different movie.

Sucks you right out of it once the first 15 minutes have gone by & you realise this.

This would make sense if they weren't so uniform and shiny in the movie. Having a few with armor and a throwaway line about lack of resources would have improved it a lot.

>SHES IN LOVE

Too many cheesy bits like that one.

Love the first one, second is good cuz the fight scenes in the Matrix are still amazing, but the third one drops off so hard it's almost like it's part of a different movie.

>like no time in the Matrix until the end
>end fight is very underwhelming
>almost all the real world stuff is just lame compared to Matrix stuff
>worst of they basically killed Morpheus's character, going from the awesome sage to a nobody

They would have been better off sacrificing Morpheus for the plot in the second movie.

Because the sequels were original Wachowski projects while they stole the first screenplay from somebody else.

Well for one thing the original didn't need sequels so they basically had to shit shuffle to figure out how to write sequels for a movie that had a clear conclusion.

didn't follow easy to understand babbys first heroes journey story arc so redditors didnt like it