Madoka Magica

Thoughts on this masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZPSPFNupZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kino

this

Show was fantastic

Movie wasn't but it wasn't outright bad either. Worried about Madoka 4 or whatever it is they're doing

>look at me I'm so suffering
>look at me I'm surrounded by evil
>look at me I'm emo as fuck
>look at me I'm lesbian
>ME ME ME
>MUH INTELLECTUAL SYMBOLISM
Pretentious western individualism feminist modern art masturbatory garbage. No wonder why so many tumblr lesbians worship this shit. Tarkovsky would walk spit in the movie theater watching this shit.

Belongs in tumblr and cuckdit.

>look at me I'm so suffering
>look at me I'm surrounded by evil
Are good movies not allowed to have these themes?

No, it would only make the characters seem selfish and the worldview seem narrow. The character should humbly be a part of a grand scale of the largely unknown universe, and humbly accept suffering. She must be selfless. Like in Stalker, there should be at least one character who is like this to keep the balance of the story. Villains are overrated, the only villains should be the girls themselves, who demand things and can't offer their suffering for God and others. They're their own biggest enemies.

Yea okay, but counterpoint: They are supposed to be children.

Isn't homura like 24 years old? Why did she end up to be the cruelest character instead of a moral guide like the Stalker?

Wtf I hate anime now

24 years of experience does not mean 24 years old. She's still functions with a childs mind

Wow you're fucking retarded. Madoka is a critique of the shitty magical girl genre dumbass.

Children are supposed to be weak, helpless, and open minded, but this bitch acts like clint eastwood. Kyouko too.

Well I want kino critique, not sailor moon parody.

It's not a parody. It's a deconstruction of the genre. And they did a way better job than Neon Genesis which gets bogged down in self pity before going completely up it's own ass.
>muh headcannon
Feel free to write your own story that's about something completely different cause that's exactly what you just did.

>it's an "NGE is a deconstruction of mecha" episode

As far as anime goes, meduka was pretty much a masterpiece, but compared to real art cinema, it's a huge disappointment.

>Feel free to write your own story that's about something completely different cause that's exactly what you just did.
No, that was my opinion on what the show and how the characters should've been.

Show literally does nothing that the Sailor Moon comic didn't do decades before it.

>magical girl genre of an already questionable medium
>kino

hahahahahaha nice try indulgent weeb

I enjoyed the show quite a bit so I can never view the first two movies as anything more than a gigantic recap episode.

As such I can't really decide if it's a good couple of movies of not simply because I wind up indulging more in the improved art direction and OST.

Want to show someone the first two movies and see what they think but I keep my power level pretty hidden and those I would show this movie to have all already seen Madoka anyway so they're in the same boat as me.

Unless she spends any amount of time sitting on cock, I'm not interested.

>deconstruction
Into the trash.

It's shit.

>It's a deconstruction of the genre.
wtf I love buzzwords now!

watched it expecting generic moe witch waifus with light humor, finished it and became depressed

Make way for the best fucking scene in the entire show, plebs

youtube.com/watch?v=DZPSPFNupZw

That's my favorite scene from Deadpool.

>muh deconstruction

It's really not. It's a dark subversion of the genre yes, but more than anything it actually reinforces the morals/lessons imparted by a lot of magical girl shows.

It simply places the characters in a far harsher universe to create that sharp contrast in tone, and in this regard it manages to subvert the usual expectations that come with the average magical girl show.

Just save us some time and admit that you've never watched it.

This needs to end. Our entertainment has become so "ironic" that two garbage shows will be held in vastly different lights simply because one is presented as satire.

>Movie wasn't but it wasn't outright bad either

>Villains are overrated, the only villains should be the girls themselves
To be fair, Kyubey wasn't really a villain anyways. He was doing what he thought was right and he doesn't know better since he can't feel human emotions. None of the show would of happened if the kids denied QB

I love the old european style music in the show.

>it manages to subvert the usual expectations that come with the average magical girl show
isn't this what deconstruction is?

A deconstruction takes apart what makes the work tick in a critical way by actually targeting the tropes and details of the genre it falls under. It tends to address the cliches and ideas of the genre in a way that it becomes the focus of the narrative.

Madoka doesn't do that. It's basically a dark magical girl show and it's subversiveness comes from the expectation that magical girl shows are usually fluffy and light-hearted.

>A deconstruction takes apart what makes the work tick in a critical way by actually targeting the tropes and details of the genre it falls under. It tends to address the cliches and ideas of the genre in a way that it becomes the focus of the narrative.
How about you point out how MM isn't a deconstruction?

not him, and I agree that madoka is a deconstruction, but that doesn't make it good

just because you have a series where it's going "haha look the idea of teenage girls being mature and responsible and having world-destroying power doesn't work in real life" doesn't mean that there's any actual exploration of that idea - take watchmen for example, you have so many different aspects to it such as the effect on world politics, the characters and their flaws, the general populations reaction.

in madoka you have girls crying because they realise that people can and will die when you try to fight monsters, the girl with the black hair's weird obsession with madoka, and that's about it.

and even then just because you're doing a deconstruction, the actual work itself doesn't have to be garbage for you to prove your point. madoka magica's plot is uninspired and makes very little sense, the characters are pretty much so far gone from the "magic girl" stereotype that they've swung over to being unrealistically edgy, and the majority of the show's runtime is spent on (bad) filler rather than actually trying to create some kind of depth in the characters and the situation

music and visuals are still some of the best in anime though

Vastly overrated.