Damn this shit was great...

Damn this shit was great. It's too bad you greasy nerds won't leave the house for 2 hours to go support the last bastion of non-formulaic animation remaining in Hollywood

This kino is bombing hard and I blame every one of you fat fucks

Saw it twice in theaters. Kinda disappointed I never saw it in 3D.

Every Laika film could bomb and it wouldn't matter. The guy is loaded.

I have a sweet fucking home theater setup at my house. I never need to go to a theater again if I don't want to. I'd pay a few bucks to stream it if the option were there though.

OPs point is your probably DID go to the theatre at least once this year didn't you and it was to see some stupid capeshit or CG movie about wisecracking animals, wasn't it?

But there were three strings not two

Sup Forums

fuck off back outta this thread to keep sucking Coppola's dick you 15 year old edgelord, animation is a film technique that goes back over a century.

stop motion is the lowest form of art

3edgy5me

The movie was dogshit just like that paranorman dogshit movie

Umm. Yea lol, it's a huge waste of money to go to the theater when it's not for eye candy. I saw The Wind Rises, and Swiss Army Man, both of which were more or less artistic, but a lot of times I go it is for something kind of vapid. I might still see Kubo if it's still playing on the next date night with the gf. Mostly I just torrent though.

This is literally the only movie I've gone to the theater for, this year
>tfw you go at 4:30 on a Monday and there are still other people in the theater

>The movie was dogshit

What did you mean by this

You are everything wrong with this world. It was a visual extravaganza with huge sets, giant monsters & battles against gods all done by hand but people like you only consider look at butts in leather costumes to be worth paying 10 bucks for. Here, have a freebee

What other Hidden Gems should I pirate? I've just downloaded this as well as Le Nice Guys

FUCK YOU KUBO

ICHIRUKIA FOR LIFE

i saw it with a date. it was awesome to finally see a good movie this year.

Kubo himself was a string

Yeah this movie was beautiful and pretty good overall. Saw it this weekend, the theater was pretty full for an early showing.

I'm surprised that it's bombing. What else is out there right now that is competing for the kid's audience?

I think it was still beaten out by that paint by numbers Secret Life of Pets movie.

>Non Formulaic
>Weeabshit.

>compose your entire advertising to one commercial on one channel and a special imdb page

probably cause it's stop motion.

I prefer CGI stuff to this old fashioned 'arthouse' theatre. At least they're not trying to snare critics like shit movies like the artist.

thought it was spiderman's symbiote suit from the thumbnail

>Kubo walks way from the village with his grand father
>the wind picks up and stirs the tall grass
>his grand father smiles at him
>the wind slowly blows each sheet of paper until he is left with nothing
>he returns to his cave on the hill
>and kisses his long dead mother's cheek
>curls up next to her and falls asleep
>he is not left with nothing
>the poor starving child has his stories
>and a few of spoiled rice

shouldn't you be in bed by now getting your sleep schedule back in rhythm for school next week?

orihime should have been killed off
not even meming sempai

It was kind alright I thought. I'm not sure why people gush over it, maybe that it's a dying form?

I've actually made a hand drawn animated film. Granted it was only 25 minutes, but that's a lot to animate, and it's sort of like Fantasia, because the only audio is music that I wrote. And like I said, I'll probably still see Kubo in theatres, I just need the time. I'll certainly see it eventually, and this is one of the few whose visuals actually merit the ticket price, so stop jumping to conclusions, it's not like I was actually going to Marvel movies. I saw... Let's see here:

Mad Max
Star Wars
The Jungle Book
Cloverfield
Finding Dory
Swiss Army Man

in the last like year. Kubo is on the list, relax.

I think it's the animation itself that is supposed to be good, more so than the movie itself.

>non-formulaic
clearly you didn't actually watch it.

How is this possible?

>watches cartoons
>calls people greasy nerds

Shut the fuck up geek.

he has the magic hair

>non-formulaic
you mean the straight forward quest to go from set piece to set piece and end the movie with the power of love?

Went with four of my friends to watch it. We're in a fairly populated city and saw it on a Saturday night.

No one else was in the theater. It was actually just the four of us.

Was there just no marketing for this? How did this happen?

gotta spend money on all the Alist actors

>fart jokes
>worth my time

Wife and I got high and saw it in 3D in this little out of the way theater on a stormy monday so we were the only ones in the theater.

We also snuck in some burritos from a local mexican bakery.

It was magic.

Nice, one time me and the gf snick in thai food in tupperware.

And what did your wife's son have

>Kinda disappointed I never saw it in 3D.

same

Robert, if you post on Sup Forums, I am going to be somewhat flabbergasted at work.