It's been over a year since he died and I still have a hard time thinking about a world without Bowie

It's been over a year since he died and I still have a hard time thinking about a world without Bowie

General David Bowie thread: recommendations, favorite album, song, character, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QFlsm3zqSv8
youtu.be/eYQ0Xd0nybQ
youtu.be/EsSlOGzPM90
youtube.com/watch?v=ZY77zDzNmYw
youtube.com/watch?v=ncmiVmeMzaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

someone we should all look up to

he truly was the pinnacle of human life.

the whole Outside album is very good but specifically I've Not Been to Oxford Town is an incredible song that isn't as popular as it should be

RIP David Bowie. His illness seems to have come out of nowhere.

Industrial inspired Bowie was great

Man. that's the guy form 'Japan'

Please stop samefagging so hard

youtube.com/watch?v=QFlsm3zqSv8

complaining about fagging on a bowie thread

please stop being a retard

lold

an incredible song, that entire album is some of his finest work

one of my biggest regrets in life is never seeing him live. anyone able to see him preform?

The last effortlessly cool white guy.
youtu.be/eYQ0Xd0nybQ
Where have all our heroes gone...

At least i take solace that no one was able to hear a single track from Blackstar live, the great equalizer i guess.

seeing all the people in the street cheering for Bowie made me smile, I really do miss him

youtu.be/EsSlOGzPM90

Post a more manly Bowie song, i dare you.

remember when he was a fascist but then tried to escape it by saying "dude drugs lmao" while trying to maintain the legacy of all of his music that was made while high?

People just can't hanlde the bantz

>that one numba 1 soul sista woke SJW instagram poster who commented on every memorial post about David Bowie from black artists to remind people of this
"MHHHHH HMMMMM LEMME TELL YOU SUMTHIN"

The first part of Station to Station, especially live, is one of the most powerful songs ever made

Heathen is a pretty good album, but Station to Station is probably his best song.

*deletes every segue*
perfect.

>"Oh he was a terrible military strategist," said David, "the world's worst, but his overall objective was very good, and he was a marvellous morale booster...."

Listening to "Young Americans" as we speak. Such a perfect album.

Station to station is a really underrated album and people should praise it more.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZY77zDzNmYw

>Bowie holding the microphone and going "Excuse me, sir" to the dog
I miss this guy

if the Leon suites were official releases it'd probably be his best
*keeps Ramona A Stone and Algeria Touchshriek*

GOT YOUR MOTHER IN A WHIRL

>Station to station
>underrated

i wouldn't call it underrated. Anybody with any level of taste knows how good it was and that's what counts

That interview in your pic is a classic. Mark Goodman gives him a ridiculous answer for why Mtv doesn't play black artists, and Bowie gives him this great, subtle, snarky response.

A fantastic album, probably my most listened to album of his, truly fantastic

Was Bowie a poofter?

no doubt, the man would sex anything that moves and they should be damn happy

It was the 70's. Bisexuality was cool then.
And honestly, who wouldn't want to blow Mick Ronson?

Large amounts of cocaine—Bowie's drug of choice—will do this to your personality. The explanation does wash. Also, he strikes me as someone whose sense of humor kind of sucked anyway.

>Could've bedded any woman in the world
Are traps or black women the ultimate conquest for the man who has everything?

its a sexual conquest

Like you wouldn't have fucked Amanda Lear....

youtube.com/watch?v=ncmiVmeMzaA

He wasn't even the most significant musician to die last year. Pierre Boulez was.

Did Bowie innovate? No he just took a bunch of ideas and put it in his music.
Did Boulez innovate? Yes he did, in composition, conduction and critical theory.

How many grammys did Bowie win? Six.
How many grammys did Boulez win? 27

What is Bowie's most significant work? Ziggy Stardust, another dine a dozen art rock album of the early 70s.
What is Boulez most significant work? Repons, one of the defining moments of the last century that everyone will remember last century by.

Lodger underrated as fuck.

k

literally who

>grammys

lol