How do you pass the Kobayashi Maru? Without cheating

How do you pass the Kobayashi Maru? Without cheating

>Without cheating
Cheating already implies breaking the rules, what makes you think your restriction will stop me?

>impossible to win
I'd just start whacking off on the bridge.

I'm going to fail anyway, so why not?

Honour system

Because theyll kick your ass out

Kobayashi Maru tests the character of those who take it. You pass through willpower, adaptability, loyalty and courage.

It's easy. Just respond how they want you to respond. Passing the test isn't impossible at all, passing their little game is. It's how you go about losing. So just behave like a proper captain.

But the actual scenario

You don't. It is designed to be no-win. Period.

I don't believe in no win scenatios though

Equip my ship with photonic emitters and jam the opposing the ships with false readings that a much larger armada was approaching the Kobayshi Maru. The enemy thinking that it was out numbered would logically thinking that they were tactically outnumbered would retreat giving just enough time to warp in beam the survivors out and and then warp to safety without firing a single shot.

Kirk had to reprogram it just to rescue the freighter.

My nigga are you retarded? Klingons wouldn't retreat

And i bet they fixed it so you couldn't reprogram it

I'd allahu akbar my ship into the enemy

The entire point of the exercise is to see if you're bright enough and have enough balls to cheat and win. No one ever won wars playing fair.

Op asked how to pass, not how to win

It wasnt a war it was a rescue mission

Well how do you win?

Same idea. It's an exercise in adaptability. Are you so blinded by rules and regulations that you'll let a mission fail because of them or will you do what an officer should do which is to actually think and win?

But how is you starting a war and destroying a starship "thinking"?

>rewriting the rules of reality is how you win

Mixed up to different post sorry

That makes no sense

Shields to full strength, engage warp 1 aimed at the nearest Klingon vessel. Full phaser spread about ship to hit any ships still claimed(they can't have shields while cloaked), and photon torpedoes at each uncloaked ship timed to detonate between my ship and theirs to provide enough distrubance that they can't successfully lock on.

Once I've rammed whichever ship I targeted, if I'm still operable, assess situation. If I've still got full maneuverability, hull integrity and shields above 50% I come about, now behind the fuckers, and start peppering their engines and flanks with phaser banks and torpedoes.

If the ship is badly damaged, engage warp once more and flee.

What about the passengers of the kobayashi maru?

>warp beside kobayashi maru
>save as many people before Klingon warships are in range
>warp out

I don't have to win a battle to survive

There's nothing to be done, and killing two crews is a pointless waste. If my scenario A works out, then perhaps I can fight and win, allowing me to save them.

If not, then it would be irresponsible of me to not save my own crew in order to save some traders who are probably already dead/mostly dead with only a few under Klingon guard to send distress calls.

Offer them all my female crew for sex

The thing is, You DON'T win. Anything you do is hopeless. It's not that kind of a test.
It tests your abilities as a captain under extreme duress.
It's meant to exopse your true character, and whether or not you're fit to command a ship, not a test of skills and problem solving. It's like the "if you have one person tied to a track, and 5 people tied to another track, and you need to pull the switch, who do you save?" test. Not 'trying to bounce a golf ball into a plastic cup' skills test.

Then why go in the first place. Putting your crew in danger and possible starting a war seems pretty stupid

Get drunk, and crash the ship into the Sun while having a big orgy
> instant promotion

Use my Kobayashi dragon loli. Either she wins them over with sheer cuteness or she incinerates them.

> every other cadet cringes