/vwg/ - Vaporwave General

Welcome to /vwg/, or vaporwave general. This thread is for he discussion of vaporwave, and/or creative shitposting related to vaporwave. All vaporwave album suggestions are welcome, and other vaporwave related links are also permitted.

When thread is archived, use the pastebin to make a new thread but also put in important links that were posted on the original thread. Also post a link to the original thread.

Pastebin: pastebin.com/rWWAjUtS

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/yd1rawmy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

darkwave vaporwave when?

Is the genre doomed to be flooded with shitty house/hiphop meme producers who have zero appreciation for city pop, synthfunk, italo disco, new wave, synthpop and 80s music in general?

Can we repare the damage Frankjavcee has done by introducing underage faggots to it?

First question yes probably.

Second question yeah too

No, vaporwave will become mainstream once it's been dilluted by talentless producers who only like the aesthetic

I don't know

Then what can be done to carve out a niche of authenticity into the shithole it's turned into?

But they DON'T like the aesthetic, if they did they woudn't flood it with ironic memes, millenial cultural references and hip-hop imagery

I don't know

well that was really helpful wasn't it?

No, they definitely like it, it's just also in vogue to be a shitpoatung retard.

I stronkly doubt that they like it. At most they like palm trees and purple/pink gradients because it reminds them of purple drank and instagram filters for internet skanks, but that's IT.

Yes

You underestimate the normies. A good chunk of people under 30 grew up with anime, especially older anime that also influenced vaporwave producers.

We'll, what if they are trying to use the vapormeme aesthetics?

I know, I'm one of them, I'm just talking specifically about the hip-hop and house producers who have infiltrated the scene and those don't watch anything older than fucking Evangelion.

trying=/=succeeding to.

And they're doing out of a sick sense of humor combined with the desire to reach a new target audience. see: Frankjavcee

Alright sounds legitimate

What's this tanuki doing here?

Me no know

Hey thread, OP here, can we get suggestions for your favorite vaporwave album?

Not my fav, but I rather like Internet Club - Redefining the Workplace, it's got funny track names and the tracks are long, so good for ambience

This is now a future funk thread.
All posts now must feature future funk.

Ok

>try to make futurefunk out of the Dirty Pair opening
>fuck it up and end up with an industrial rock riff instead

Did you publish it? If so, please give this thread the link

Anyone have any recommendations for albums with a more melancholic vibe like チェスマスター's NIGHT DRIVE other than his other albums?

Laserdisc Visions - New Dream Ltd

Also Infinity Frequencis - Computer Afterlife

Finally GOLDEN LIVING ROOM - NEW NOSTALGIA

Have that one already, but to me it doesn't really sound that sad/melancholic(?), thanks though regardless

Will check these, thank you

I personally thought that Telenights by g h o s t i n g and Chip Jewelry's Nyetscape came closest to catching a similar atmosphere

Ok. I was just listing Hypnagogic Dift albums off the top of my head :)

*Drift not Dift sorry

OP here again. Anybody know how to make a decent Discord server with music bots? Please contact me: [email protected]

I am thinking about making a /vwg/ discord

no cause it was shit

here it is
clyp.it/yd1rawmy

Ok, thanks