Pre Post-Packers Loss Thread

So seeing that there's literally zero chance the Packers are going to win now, let's look at what's going on for the offseason.

Free agents: Couple of big names, the obvious four being Peppers, Perry, Lang, and Lacy. Peppers turned 37 just a few days ago, and in a steadily declining role this season. The emergence of Perry not being a waste for once is a good sign that it'd be okay to let Peppers go and free up a good bit of cap room to sign him and Lang. Lang is probably the most important player to resign, especially with the Packers giving their other elite guard, Josh Sitton, to the bears for the annual salary of a Sup Forums janitor.

That brings us up to Lacy, or the running back situation in general. Starks will be 31 in February and has gotten worse year after year. I don't see him making the final 53 man roster this coming season. Same with Cristine Michael. That leaves Lacy and WR-turned-RB Ty Montgomery, who has definitely shown flashes of brilliance but is still wildly inconsistent at times. The 2017 draft is loaded with RBs, though the top two, Cook and Fournette, are all but guaranteed to be picked before the Packers first draft position, #29.

Another key issue is the CB position. With the Packers releasing Hayward last offseason, a move that I am still upset over, and the likely upcoming retirement for Sam Shields, that leaves the Packers woefully lacking in the CB department. The Packers will more than likely address this during the draft, but there are two highly talented corners that will be free agents come this offseason: Stephon Gilmore and A.J. Bouye. Pursuing either of these players would add desperately needed veteran talent at a clear weak spot in an already mediocre at best defense, though given the Packers usual trend towards pursuing free agents, this seems unlikely, even if the last time the Packers did this (Charles Woodson) it worked out quite well.

What do you think are some good courses of action for the Packers this offseason?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0iqLhdInGrk
youtube.com/watch?v=pnDoeM4JmL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice blog. Packshit are shit. You need to poay defense instead of relying on hail mary meme plays every game.

Fire Dom Capers, spend your entire draft on defense. Sign Cook to a 4 year deal.

show me your asshole

This

Return to discord you faggot

I miss you ;_;

Wisconsin is a white trash shithole that voted for Trump. They don't deserve a team

Come back to the Discord server Sneak, we miss all the dick pics you used to post when the Packers won.

>SNEAK

Assuming you mean play instead of 'poay', I wholeheartedly agree. The Packers defense has been the Achilles heel of this team for the past six seasons and it's only been more frustrating with each passing season.

Maybe not the entire draft, but certainly a majority. Cook has been good when healthy, but the Packers have had issues with TE availability AND consistency since Jermichael Finley. A four year deal might be excessive, though. Two or three I believe would be better. I definitely agree with Capers needed to get the boot, though.

what's the Sup Forums discord channel

I'm going to stop you right there, drop all hope for signing any free agents right now, because that's just not happening. Now as far as what to do, the offense needs a new #1 WR and the defense needs A GODDAMN NFL STARTING MLB HOW IN THE FUCK HAS THIS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR THREE FUCKING YEAR'S. Need some cornerbacks too.

we didnt listen

You can't come, only based Snek

I hope the Falcons can destroy the Pats like they're doing to the Packers right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=0iqLhdInGrk

fuck you sneak i hope you kys

that's not gonna happen until they clean house and have a central figure calling all the shots

>Sneak
Does it hurt?

Two years in a row we've overachieved in the playoffs so I have no complaints. The Shields injury is what doomed this team. Stay the course and hope for a relatively injury free season.

>sneak was right again

DOM CAPERS IS THE BIGGEST PILE OF FUCKING GARBAGE HOW MANY MORE SEASONS OF HIS DOG SHIT DEFENSIVE SCHEMES DO WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH?

>Packers
>injury-free
the first thing they need to do is get rid of whoever's in charge of strength and conditioning. they've been dropping like flies every year

Oh, that's right. The game isn't even over yet. In fact, it's only halftime. Does not having the lead at halftime count as a loss? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when the game is still on? The Packers are still playing right now and they have been the best team in the NFC North for how many years now? They're playing one of the worst teams in the NFL who just happen to have a lead because they're feeding off the energy of playing in a Sunday afternoon Game. But you know what? They still fucking suck. The Packers are one of the best fucking teams in the NFL, they went 13-3 last year and would of won the Super Bowl if the kicker didn't choke. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when the Packers win and someone bumps this thread. Oh look at that, the Falcons just stepped out of bounds short of the 1st down when they needed to get one, just like the Jets did. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Packers threads because you're an autist who doesn't like the team because they're good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking teams on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.

>Sneak

>Remember the fucking Falcons are probably going to the Super Bowl

>MusTARD

I know it's wishful thinking at best. I'm only stating that if the Packers were to seriously pursue FAs this off season, those two would be good options to start.

I hope so as well. This game may end 69-0 but I'd still rather the Falcons win the Super Bowl than the Patriots or Steelers.

Agreed on both accounts. Going 2-1 in the playoffs was about as successful as the Packers were going to get, considering how they were 4-6 at one point. Even during their winning streak the same issues cropped up time and again.

I can't really argue with that, heh.

Not really. As far as playoff losses go this one won't really hurt that much.

Hi.

Gunther is one of the worst corners I have ever seen step onto the field. We have got to address corner in the draft. Fucking trade up, we are wasting Rodgers prime

>snork

Honest question: if Rodgers is so much better than Brees because the latter is a "some babby" how come Aaron can't score in the dome?

You do realize when the Matty Ice decimates the Packers "defense" and Aaron Rodgers has the flu, so that's another advantage to the Falcons. You're gonna look pretty fucking stupid when your pathetic team gets destroyed. It's pathetic that you have to rely on "muh history", last time I checked the Falcons were the best team in the NFC with the most explosive offense. Why the hell would you think any different, this is a team built to win, the Packers barely made the playoffs and beating the Cowchokes in the playoffs is meaningless because THEY ALWAYS CHOKE. Good luck living this down when you are exposed for an idiot after the Falcons walk all over your shit 10-6 team. Beating the Lions LOL, they lost Megatron last year and you still barely got to the playoffs over them. Your team is pathetic, your thread is pathetic, your argument is pathetic and you are pathetic. I hope the Falcons win 42-3 just so you can look even more foolish. It's hilarious that you'd start this thread knowing that your team is inferior and if you don't know your team is inferior you clearly ignored the entire NFL season. Rodgers is gonna choke, he won't be as accurate and he's gonna throw at least 2 picks.. It's embarrassing that you made this thread and that will be proven by the end of the day. You are the most easily mockable person on Sup Forums, you're the most mockable person on Sup Forums, fuck you're as mockable as Chris Chan. Your autistic thread is just gonna get bumped to page one for the next day after the Packers get exposed like they did at the beginning of the season. God, how can somebody be so autistic yet still literate to form a sentence with 10 words in it. That's absolutely amazing and I'm sure your caregiver is amazed at your progress. But if you're gonna practice your formulation of words do it somewhere else, or keep it in the generals where the cancer can be contained. That's all I have to say to you, I hope you learn and better assess what kind of shit you post.

>drafting at the end of the first round every year
>ever getting a decent corner

Honestly Rodgers should take a Jordan retirement year so we can tank and get some fresh talent for once.

running backs fumbling the ball
oline not picking up blitzes
WRs dropping the ball and running the wrong routes
etc

Yeah Rodgers is really terrible in domes

youtube.com/watch?v=pnDoeM4JmL0

Rodgers' dome splits are even better than his regular splits. This is one game.

I remember someone in a different sport who is considered GOAT who had an ok flu game once....

My nigga. This is a good day.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

When will this doofus sign FA and mortgage the future. His draft and develop isn't working, especially with all these high draft picks on the defense.

Generally when an average team gets streaky going into the playoffs, they run it all the way to the owl
this is what it looks like when it ends earlier than that

>Snoop
>Puckers

will Rodgers overtake Peyton as the biggest playoff choker in NFL history?

t. can't win without spying and deflating footballs

Choke me daddy

I became a Packers Fan last week. It looks like I made the wrong choice. I'll stick with them though, I loved what I saw since December.

>fire dom capers
Stopped reading right there. There have been ample reasons to can this dipshit for years and it's not happening now.

True Packers fans wanted this shitshow to continue after 4-6. We've been bitten by our success in the past and now with an NFCCG appearance you might as well re-sign the entire fucking organization through their death.

TL;DR, probably some faggot shit

I'm just going to list the good things that happened this year:
The 4-6 team is here
The collapse of the 5-0 Vikings
The collapse of the 2.5 game division-leading Lions
The Bears maintaining business as usual
Long overdue revenge on the Giants at Lambeau
That absolute Anus Annihilation of the cuckboys

Fifth Division title in six years!

Feels decent all things considered, man.

Packers entire offense is comprised of
>screen passes
>dropped passes
>dropped screens
>2 yard runs

now you how we have felt for the past decade
screens truly are the most dishonest way to give up on a game when youre trailing. like a suicidal person abusing drugs self destructively instead of just putting a gun in their mouth.

I really thought you guys were gonna win this.
Dont worry packers fans. I hate you faggots but IF YOU EVER SPENT MONEY IN FA and get a new GM you guys would be owl contenders next year. please draft a competent TE and RB. TT wont do it.

This is much better than how we usually lose playoff games. Can't even be mad since we won the game that had the most shit talk riding on it and were blessed with a ridiculous amount of meme magic. The Falcons are just better than us. They'll either booty blast the Pats or have a really fun game against the Steelers.

You forgot "Being a meme team and having the refs carry you"

Shame that didn't work today.

>cuck bay packturds
LMFAO

go cry into your cheese curds you fat shitstains

18 - 1 is the worst

that's only one game.
being a playoff choker implies you choke year in and year out, which Peyton and Rodgers have done

LMAO

The refs gift you a game against the cuckboys and you can't even put up a fight against Atlanta's D.

Fuck you, losers.

why haven't you killed yourself yet you fat fucking midget retard?

I can't put this one on Rodgers even if he didn't play all that great. Crosby missing isn't his fault. Ripkowski fumbling isn't his fault. Receivers dropping balls thrown directly to their chest isn't his fault. The defense being ravaged by injuries and poorly coordinated dogshit even when healthy certainly doesn't help matters.

Peak Rodgers was going to lose this game no matter what happened. He was going to have to throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs minimum just for this to be a game in the 4th quarter.

PACKERS GONNA WIN YOU GUYS

u r a faggot

found the berniebabby
I'm begging you to graduate highschool

They are at least normally a fun team to watch with most playoff losses happening in overtime.

>HOW MANY MORE SEASONS OF HIS DOG SHIT DEFENSIVE SCHEMES DO WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH?
All of them

fire capers
fire mccarthy

They've been become way to predictable.

Remember when the secondary used to be a strong point? (one year ago).

They need a true beast mlb.

Need to find pass rushers who can actually rush the qb.

>it's another capers blitz, 6 men enter, all stuffed at the line.

Who should he go for?

*puts paw to head*

o wow what an abysmal performance,
lmao how you dumb hicks watch that trash week in and week out

*shakes head with a look of disbelief*
like wow, that was torture for even me to watch. Too bad Rodgers won't ever be on a real franchise, instead wasting his best years on a sorry sack of shit team.

We need to go after anyone available on defense.

1. Fire Ted Thompson

2. Promote Elliot Wolf

3. Cut Sam Shields

4. Hold a gun to Clay Matthew's head and force him to restructure his contract. If not, trade him to Cleveland.

5. Go out and sign Stephon Gilmore and/or Dre Kirkpatrick. Fuck, I don't care, just get a CB who can cover a big time receiver.

6. Resign Perry, Lang and Cook. I could honestly go either way on Lacy.

7. If you don't resign Lacy, draft a playmaker.

8. Put poison in Dom Capers' coffee because McCarthy clearly has no interest in firing him.

9. ????

10. Superb Owl

r8 my OC

>keeping Mathews on

He's done. The guy was a ghost all season.

Has there been a worse coach that was benefited by a great quarterback than McCarthy? He would be regarded on the same level as Jeff Fisher without Rodgers.

Mike Tomlin

they need to clean house and get rid of the power structure that enabled MM, TT, and Dom to stick around for so long

Rodgers consistently shreds dome teams in their stadiums (see last week vs Dallas). I'm not sure what you're getting at.

>What is free agency

Never. Rumor is that this year was his last.

As someone who was born and raised in Green Bay: Kill yourself.

>33-9
Wow. I don't even follow this sport but what a bunch of FUDGE packers. Heh. I really owned those suckers.

the average packers fan everyone

Like I said: force him to restructure or trade him to a shit-tier team.

He's actually a pretty great MLB. The problem was that once he hurt his shoulder, the only place he could contribute was on the edge.

you first