Why do you guys hate this album? It's so fucking good

Why do you guys hate this album? It's so fucking good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nxCNOk01-eI
youtube.com/watch?v=Go1P_MH8vJg
youtube.com/watch?v=z17hgWAHGv8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1pw1VcBXs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tumblr thots commandeered it
we love it from a distance

""""""Most"""""" of the people that hate it are memeing and/or being contrarian because that's what makes you a cool kid around these parts.

Obviously I am not saying it's impossible to dislike this album

That's not the cover

People complain about radio pop being repetitive and vapid, but this record's even more repetitive and vapid. No energy, no variety, no progression, nothing. You want actual depression, go listen to early Swans, Codeiene, or Giles Corey instead they make more exciting music that's also more thematically fitting as well.

New Order > Joy Division

Ian Curtis is such as shitty singer

>literal gay bar music
>better than the gut-wrenching emotional rollercoaster that is Joy Division

>I want a guy to cum and take me, by the hand
>not gay

Hooky is such a better singer than Bernard and should have been the singer

its literally the pop version of throbbing gristle but with terrible musicians. the only redeeming thing is Martin Hannett carrying this album with his odd production techniques.
trash

the music isn't supposed to be exciting, it's cold and clinical and that's the fucking point

There's nothing wrong with being pop
There's nothing wrong with being terrible musicians

>, it's cold and clinical and that's the fucking point
its not either of those things.

nothing good about those things also.

serious question: are you memeing about the Throbbing Gristle part? I don't see the connection, but I don't know TG really at all. Recommend TG that you see related to Joy Division please?

Then why's the percussion so upbeat? Whys the keys playing pop melodies? Why does the keys use the tone they do if they were going for cold/calculated?

We don't it's just that a lot of the people who enjoy it are plebs who always get caught up in entry level shit and never actually appreciate the genre as a whole

>what is the manchester sound

ever listen to the smiths? they play very poppy music, but are also very depressing

jd and tg were big friends. ian used to go to every tg show they had and vice versa.

nothing about the smiths is depressing. jfc

t. someone who has never listened to the smiths

pic related says yes i have

That's not all that depressing then, is it? Any association you have with it being depressing, or really any other emotion, is purely subjective then.

Exactly....

or literal HOMOSEXUAL FAGGOT TRAPS that wear Joy Division shirts and post it on Tumblr.

It is all so tiresome, so disgusting to look at.

come on, smiths have tons of depressing songs and if you cant see that then you are an idiot.
Asleep, Never Had No One Ever, Back To The Old House, Please please please, Heaven knows im miserable now, I know its over

That's not the lyrics.

yes because it's not as if the smiths' music is infamous for being depressing :^)

hey fuck u

Okay so let me tell you why even if there are "depressing songs" in the catalog it isn't viewed as depressing by the fans.

Morrissey is a goddamn joke and we all laugh with/at him being a miserable fuck

But do you see a connection in their music? I don't get it.

Suffer little children is the most beautiful and sad song in history...

then you're just retarded or a sociopath

RE: The Smiths

sardonic =/= depressing

the lyrical tone of The Smiths and JD is completely different

are you kidding? Their tempos are like funeral marches on tracks like "atmosphere" and the deadpan delivery is chilly, production is icy, ur dumb

>Asleep, Never Had No One Ever, Back To The Old House, Please please please, Heaven knows im miserable now, I know its over
its not depressing. if you even took the time to read morrissey's book. hes a miserable narcissit trying to get back at ppl who did him wrong in his head.
i love their work. but i get an ego rush when listening to the smiths. nothing depressing about it

Agreed. Being miserable because of your sadness (Ian) isn't the same as being miserable because of your pathological narcissism (Morrissey)

you could say that they have misery in common, but that doesn't mean they have depression in common

and you, the saint of Sup Forums, are not a narcissist at all, no, you're just trying to HELP people right?

then you both have an issue separating music from the artist's personal life. with no outside context of Morrisey's life, those songs ARE depressing and I really doubt that's debatable

very true, there are a lot of others, but those are just the ones i remember off the top of my head

>yes because it's not as if the smiths' music is infamous for being depressing :^)
It's infamous for being catchy as fuck, not depressing.
>funeral marches
Go listen to actual funeral marches, or a genre like funeral doom. You have no clue what you're talking about.

>and you, the saint of Sup Forums, are not a narcissist at all, no, you're just trying to HELP people right?
i am a narcissist.

> with no outside context of Morrisey's life, those songs ARE depressing and I really doubt that's debatable
they aren't depressing. just because he reveals truths to everybody's egos doesn't make it depressing.

when i think of depressing. i think of mount eerie writing about his dead wife and raising his child who barely knew her.

jesus you just sound insufferable

youtu.be/nxCNOk01-eI
>Not a funeral march

FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING FEELING

>The Smiths not depressing
>Moz not depressing

EVERYDAY IS LIKE A SUNDAY
EVERYDAY SILENT AND GREY
BLLAH BLAH ETCH A POSTCARD
HOW I DEARLY WISH I WAS NOT HERE
COME ARMAGEDDON, COME ARMAGEDDON COME....

Yeah, bro! Totally!

that's Jimmy gets sent to bed without supper tier depressing.

This is easily the best shirt to buy at the magic kingdom

>posting the far superior New Order when we are shitting on Joy Divison
What in the fuck?

What do you listen to? You're a dumb fuck

too bad it goes for over 200 now

this song was written by joy division, ian roped himself 4 days after

youtube.com/watch?v=Go1P_MH8vJg

>Ceremony, In a Lonely Place, Movement are not Joy Divsion singles and albums

I have a poster of it on my wall :^)

>tfw no qt girl to cuddle in the car while listening to There Is a light That Never Goes Out

could you expand on this at all? I could say that swans have "no energy, no variety, no progression, nothing" but that wouldn't really mean anything on its own

>girl

you meant boy, right?

Are you calling me a faggot you faggot?

You guys do know that the New Order versions of the tracks are drastically different, right?

Who hates this album? I feel like youre making shit up to feel better about this album or some sort of persecution complex

Of course not~

wew

Listen to the demo yourself they sound quite alike considering the demo was recorded is some shit stained factory on a casette

i wanna cuddle with a boy or girl >.

In a lonely place is basically the same
youtube.com/watch?v=z17hgWAHGv8
Ceremony is different, but there is no good recording of the original so we don't know how different

>Actual depression

Does he know the singer killed himself

The track is two minutes in the New Order version longer you idiots with things changed to make it sound more interesting with new effects and dynamics.

It's longer with additional effects.
And? We are talking about the music, not the people. Not to mention I think Ian did it because he put himself in a situation he couldn't escape by having two bitches instead of one. Cheater deserved it.

Always best to keep your options wide open, desu

youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1pw1VcBXs

9 minutes and theres additional 4 rehearsal versions

be my boyf pls user

But that's a fucking demo. There is not official version of those two tracks played by joy division. It's impossible to know

Fuck you

I don't think people here realize how little the band members of Joy Division had to do with the sound of their studio albums. If you read up on their albums on wikipedia you'll see excerpts of interviews where the members say how dissatisfied they were with the work of their producer. Joy Division were a punk band with a producer that created their legacy.

~It's a dreaded sunny day - so I'll meet you at the cemetery gates. Keats and Yeats our on our side ;)~

I never fucking liked that song. Worst song on that album Imho.

Oh well, it's a shit example of a funeral march or good music either way. I guess it's a better than usual JD track but worse than usual NO track. Not like I would call Nicki Minaj amazing just off of her Monster verse either.

):

>tfw no cute boy or girl to listen to the smiths & suzanne vega with me on this rainy day

Oh it's a cute song. Don't be such a curmudgeon.

I agree. It's a punk album with a GOAT producer. This makes a GOAT album.

I enjoy the album very much, but I think when people here talk of their albums they do it as if Ian Curtis' depression made Unknown Pleasures what it is and the place it has in music history.

Personally I don't even think that new order and joy division are even comparable. Except for Movment and their first singles

Why don't we have more producer-as-artists like Martin Hannett or Phil Spector? I guess you can count Kanye but it seems like a phenomenon more or less dead by now.

Well his lyrics certainly made the albums much more interesting

>Who is Trent Reznor?
Yeah I agree tho. There is a disturbing lack of crazy ass producers

>glass breaks
>guitar noises
>WWWEEEEEEEEE WEERRE STRAAAAAAANGeeeeeerrrrrrrs
>rinse and repeat
yeah real good music there

You've never listened to cemetery gates

It's ridiculously boring

I don't get the last part of your greentext, there's no other glass breaking noise during the rest of the song.

w e w

neither have you apparently

because its the autism mate

shitty meme music for normies trying to be cool and edgy because they listen to "real music" when in reality every song on it is just wanking the same 3 chord progressions and ian curtis screaming inane shit repeatedly

Shame he's such an utter loser.

There's glass breaking at the end too retard

>Division were a punk band with a producer that created their legacy

that completely ignores their musical progession between Unknown Pleasures and Closer and the fact that Ian's lyrical themes were a lot different from normal punk

I think Phil Oakey was right to include later Joy Divsion in what he likes call the "alienated synthesists" refering to all the groups in the late 70s who were mostly northern, all working class and alienated from their depressed gloomy industrial urban environments i.e early Human League, OMD, The Normal, Depeche Mode, Cabaret Voltaire

The Chameleons are better

Disorder is good and then its gets so fucking booooooooooooooorrrrrrrring

nobody would be listening to any of that shit if the producer didn't work his magic.

it's all downhill after Day of the Lords

I don't.

She's Lost Control is a great song.

Without Joy Division most of those bands wouldn't sound the same at all. An entire generation of music would be completely different.

I've seen Script of the Bridge posted three times today. Are you me?

absolutely not