I'm probably one of the biggest Star Wars nerds out there...

I'm probably one of the biggest Star Wars nerds out there, and recently I've been reading shit about the "Mandela effect" and how history has been changed or whatever. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so naturally I was pretty skeptical. When people brought Star Wars into it, it made me wonder.

Did C3PO always have a silver leg? I remember noticing that as a kid, and I feel like people assume that it was always gold because it reflects the other gold leg, along with the sand on Tatooine.

Also, people were arguing that Vader originally said "Luke, I am your father." but that's fucking stupid and wouldn't make any sense in the context of the conversation. Vader was responding to the claim that he killed Luke's father. Luke said "He told me you killed him." to which Vader always replied "No, I am your father."

What do you remember?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rjUAatYo6us
youtube.com/watch?v=qTmPS2GHT8M
youtube.com/watch?v=bxdpNpIAYZg
video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t43.1792-2/10176465_542295725884895_1878632863_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTAyNCwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJsZWdhY3lfaGQifQ==&rl=1500&vabr=514&oh=04a7c9315f5adfa65d5c532fae9a649e&oe=57C6CA69
youtube.com/watch?v=q6Q0eHxeeIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The movie Tommy Boy famously misquoted that, so maybe that is part of the reason.

What baffles me is Chic(k)-Fil-A.

It's 100% "No, I am your father."

this silver leg thing is fucking me up

What the fuck... sometimes he has a golden leg. other times he doesn't...

EXPLAIN THIS SHIT

Yeah I seem to remember it being spelled Chick too, but here's why I don't believe this bullshit theory. It all boils down to one word. Why?

What is the end goal? What is the point of changing C3PO's leg to silver, or removing the K from chick, or any of the other dumb things that people claim? They're so trivial. What's the point?

No silver leg

I have a very old VHS tape, before the special edition changes were made, and it's silver. I believe the tape is from the late 80's or very early 90's.

silver leg

Anthony Daniels has confirmed that it was always silver.

Well JJ sure goofed up by not giving him a silver leg in TFA

The whole costume has been re-designed. It isn't as shiny either.

All I can remember is C3PO having a red arm is a homage to the silver leg.

I thought it changed to silver after he got blasted apart in cloud city.

Somebody help me out with this. There is an awful deleted scene from Revenge Of The Sith that involves Anakin and Obi-Wan being chased by droids and wading through some rising water during the Palpatine rescue scene, and I could have sworn that I saw that scene in theaters. I know it's on the DVD, but I feel like it played in theaters.

>it made me wonder.
Did it really make you think though?

Vaguely remember that, but maybe because I watched thr DVD so many times lol

He's always had a silver leg, it's exactly what you said OP, we remember it as gold as a society because it became grimy, plus it's just as shiny as the rest of his body, so we don't really notice. It's something inconsequential, plus marketing materiel often didn't bother to paint it silver.

youtube.com/watch?v=rjUAatYo6us

Kino

But on a similar note, I swear I remember a scene in Jackson's King Kong where they're in a swamp and they're attack by a giant fish monster. Did anyone else remember it when they saw it at the cinema?

Found it

>dat video
I don't even care, I love the aesthetic of the prequels.

That's it. Did that scene play in theaters or just on the special features DVD? I remember that in theaters, but I could be wrong.

You probably saw the deleted scene on dvd but remembered it as one of the original scenes you watched in the cinema. The same thing might have happened to me when it came to the King Kong fish scene, but I could have sworn I saw it in the cinema because I remembered I left the theater to pee just as the fish monster attacked.

>But on a similar note, I swear I remember a scene in Jackson's King Kong where they're in a swamp and they're attack by a giant fish monster. Did anyone else remember it when they saw it at the cinema?
Yes that is a deleted scene

or it's possible that he unknowingly saw an extended version of the film and subconsciously interpreted the deleted scenes as part of the theatrical release

reminds me of this Phantom Menace deleted scene that I thought I saw in the cinemas or on an early VHS release
youtube.com/watch?v=bxdpNpIAYZg

Anthony Daniels broke the first leg because the costume was stiff, iirc.
I think there's even video of this.

He has always had a silver leg. It is more noticeable in some scenes, more than others.

This is terrible. But I actually quite like the dumb little code signals they give each other.

>But I actually quite like the dumb little code signals they give each other.
this

CAROLINE!

People swore they saw this scene in the cinemas even though it never made the final cut of RotJ.
HOWEVER, it was in the novelization.

I don't remember a single use of the word "sith" prior to the prequels.
That's what I remember.
The sith were simply EU and then brought into canon with the prequels.

Kind of annoyed me with the boring duality of it all.

Found this rough cut.
video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t43.1792-2/10176465_542295725884895_1878632863_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTAyNCwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJsZWdhY3lfaGQifQ==&rl=1500&vabr=514&oh=04a7c9315f5adfa65d5c532fae9a649e&oe=57C6CA69

He did yes, but that's the thing, you're probably from the universe where he didn't have a silver leg. So regardless of my knowing for a fact he had a silver leg, it doesn't prove anything.

Star Wars was always extremely black and white though.

The word "sith" was first used in the novelization of Star Wars in 1976, as a title for Darth Vader, the "Dark Lord of the Sith".

Heres something I know I watched.

When I first watched Taken in it's pirated form, prior to the cinema release. The Movie ends almost 30 seconds after he gets his daughter back. Liam Neeson and daughter embrace, and the camera tracks away from them for about thirty seconds.
youtube.com/watch?v=q6Q0eHxeeIU this plays and the piano plays out. Fade to black when the guitar kicks in.

I honestly thought it was a much much better ending than the DVD copy.

It's always been silver. I used to collect the toys as a kid and remember how I had never noticed before.

they start with little things to see if people notice

>i misremember something from when i was a child
>no way i'm just an idiot, this must be proof of parallel/alternate universes leaking into eachother, manifesting themselves only in small trivial details in movies and brand names

do you realize how fucking stupid you sound

u mad

Its silver on both pictures.

You are evidently color blind.

wait, has his arm always been red?

Yes.

Maybe whatever shit rig this version of the Matrix is running on is chewing up too much ram so whoever is running it keeps turning down the render effects.