What are some great documentaries you've seen?

What are some great documentaries you've seen?

Pic related. It's about an aspiring horror filmmaker. Warm, comfy and VERY funny.

>Do you think this is a little bit cathartic for you Mike?
>Uh, very cathartic, Mark.
>Do you know what cathartic means?
>No.

youtube.com/watch?v=63g-DvYaBxo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QOQLeqRcgKc
youtube.com/watch?v=stDhBFwRbI0
youtube.com/watch?v=Yn3hS8CLyvQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Legit one of the most fascinating, cringey and at the same time sometimes inspiring documentaries ever made.

Congrats on joining the rest of us adults who have seen that movie about 15 times over the past 17 years.

Comfiest docu-series available right now.

>You will never make a movie with Mike

Maybe if you had a bottle of votka...

youtube.com/watch?v=QOQLeqRcgKc

That's not a documentary that's a mockumentary comedy like Best in Show or This is Spinal Tap. A lot of scenes in it are clearly staged. It's a great movie, very funny, but it's not a legit documentary.

>northwestern has still not been completed

Crumb

The brother Charles is Sup Forums incarnate.

youtube.com/watch?v=stDhBFwRbI0

Wow. That's the first time i've ever seen someone call American Movie a fake. I guess they must've also faked bill's death, and the movies he was hemorrhaging money into.

Everybody has to watch Windy City Heat, it's the best fucking shit ever. Real life Truman Show. Just watch it NOW!

American Movie is pretty great. I watch it about once a year, never stops being fascinating, inspiring, and sad.

Best Worst Movie is sort of similar, not as good, but also about the making of a terrible movie.

Trekkies is great. Again, I watch it probably every year. Never get tired of it. If you're at all interested in nerd culture or fandom, you would love it.

And similar to Trekkies, The Dungeon Masters, which is ostensibly about Dungeons and Dragons, but is really more about the inner lives of some random losers. It's pretty interesting, though.

And Jodorowski's Dune, which is about the making of a Dune adaptation that never actually got made. Great documentary about a clearly insane art house filmmaker who had some crazy fucking ideas and influenced a lot of people.

Carl Sagan's Cosmos is pretty good if you like science.

If you like history or politics, The Fog of War is a great documentary. It's about the life of Robert MacNamarra and his time running the Vietnam War, as told by him decades later, trying to make sense of it. Very interesting stuff.

If you like sports, Winning Time, which is about Reggie Miller. I've watched that a lot.

And there is a doc about a pro wrestler called The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior. I don't even watch wrestling, but I was still really interested watching it.

BEST LIST COMING THROUGH, CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS!!
>Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow
>F for Fake
>The Gleaners and I
>Grey Gardens
>London
>San Soliel
>Baby Snakes
>Wheel of Time
>Stuff
>The Great Ectsasy of Woodcrafter Steiner

Pretty good too

I am probably the only person in the world who thought it would have been funnier as a scripted comedy

Winnebago Man

Thanks for the list! Going to watch whatever i can find.

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yn3hS8CLyvQ

remember when those guys had a cameo in the PPG movie?

A lot of people thought it was Jay and Silent Bob but it's not.

I don't know. Can someone take my soda out of the icebox please so it doesn't freeze?

no, it's not

Because it's not fake, this isn't the first time I've heard this on Sup Forums and I don't know where the fuck these people are getting this from. You can literally go purchase and watch Coven, it has an RT page for christ's sake.

They still meet once a week at some burger place to talk about their feature film too.

Anything by Adam Curtis.

A good amount of his stuff is on YouTube to boot.

>Because it's not fake, this isn't the first time I've heard this on Sup Forums and I don't know where the fuck these people are getting this from. You can literally go purchase and watch Coven, it has an RT page for christ's sake.

yes, coven exists. many parts with the boys are scripted or set up.

It was a way to make a horror movie and have the doc pay for it.

>implying you saw this in 1999

>the great happiness space

THIS IS THE MOST REDDIT POST IVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE
you should stop watching netflix you entry level fuck boy