Ryan Reynolds paid out of his own pocket to keep writers on set when Fox wouldn't for Deadpool

Money well spent, Ryan lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/the-makers-of-deadpool-had-to-slash-7-million-from-the-1758147495
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That film made a truck load of monye

Cool, actors don't really do that anymore. American History X was probably the last time an actor cared about the role.

I haven't seen it but it's cool to see actors have such faith in a movie and then have it pay off in spades.

Based Ryan. Go pound that lively puss my man

>he had sex tonight
>i talked to you guys
I hate my life

a lot of people had sex tonight, even your neighbors

some of your neighbors even had sex with their own kids

M-me too

Would've paid off.
I bet the writers, the director and Ryan'll be getting a bump in pay footed by the incompetent studio.

What'd you expect? He was born to play Deadpool

Don't love the movie but that's pretty cool and paid off.

If ryan's agent is any good ryan's going to get a massive pay increase

The fuck does this mean?

I thought the movie was seriously unfunny and cheap looking, but goddamn do I respect Reynolds for being so persistent in making this movie happen.

That post will live on in the Google thought police archives

I had sex this morning and now i'm talking to you fine gentlemen. Life is only as difficult as you make it

>I thought the movie was seriously unfunny and cheap looking

Well, this is just your opinion dude

He's a champion, he wanted to do the movie for ages, and made it happen. Also made a fuckload if money. The only thing you've accomplished in your life is being a faggot as usual, op.

Is this an American's final form?

There were a couple funny parts but not nearly as everyone made it out to be.

I'm really looking forward to the next one though. I think they played this first one lightly since they were trying something relatively new. Now that they've shown this will make boatloads they're going to go all out on the sequel.

This just goes to show you how truly incompetent the studios are.
They had no faith in the movie at all and cut funding and an actor, someone who is not expected to know the intricacies of the industry, has to foot the bill. Then the movie is a huge hit.

I guess it also shows how little the budget really matters.

it still has to reach carcrash proof mode

Didn't Mel Gibson used his own money to make Passion?

This

good to watch it first time
cringey the second. it seems too forced in parts

I just hope Fox don't start interfering in the sequel now the original was such a hit. It was a great passion project, it doesn't need dumbfuck executives inserting their shit into it

showed how truly emasculated and pathetic poltard are

good movie desu

He should be getting a percentage of the profits.

Shitty reddit meme movie

Those are the britlards my man

Only because he literally owned the movie rights. Made hundreds of millions of dollars pure profit off of it.

must be a sad life when everything in your mind revolves around Sup Forums, also your post reeks of foreigner

if that is what you got out of the movie you spend too much time on the internet my friend

AHX was technically an anti-racist film

>taking a back end deal from a major studio
wew lad

some of guys you talked , chosed to talk with you over sex, how does that make you feel?

>seriously implying any nation on Earth has the capability to be fatter than a Burgerclap

Murrica isn't the fattest country anymore, and hasn't been for quite a few years now. Look around any list of most obese countries and Murrica is hovering somewhere from number 3 to even around 6-10.

Average weight is not the upper bound of fat claps

Same deal, look at the recent research. The upper bounds aren't taken by the US anymore.

Those countries however, have been said to be getting fat because of processed food and drinks from the US though.

>Made a good investment that probably gave high returns back to ryan reynolds already huge wallet.
>Normies think he was protecting their jobs but really was just making an investment.
>Oh my god, what a great guy!
fucking pathetic.

Yes, it was all about the money for him. You are right.

The best part about all this is how he has the hollywood jews by the fucking balls. If they even try to fuck with the sequel Ryan can just threaten to walk and they'd have to be his little bitch.

the movie was as generic as any other marvel shit, congrats

When Ryan put $$$ in the movie, he had no way of knowing whether it would bomb or succeed. FOX themselves had zero confidence in Deadpool

1) Put Deadpool on the back burner for more than a decade
2) The producers had to leak info like that animated test footage to generate buzz to basically force FOX to greenlight Deadpool
3) FOX only had an initial budget of $60 Million (which is about 1/3rd of what Man Of Steel cost)
4) Days before shooting on Deadpool was supposed to start, FOX slashed almost $10 million off the already low budget b/c they didnt believe a R-rated capeshit movie would make $$$
io9.gizmodo.com/the-makers-of-deadpool-had-to-slash-7-million-from-the-1758147495
5) No confidence in the end product i.e. February opening release date instead of a summer release.
6) Low marketing & advertising budget (that is why you saw Ryan literally on every media outlet selling the shit out of it)

You'd get better odds investing your money in roulette than a major motion picture. Hollywood accounting is used to screw people out of the back end deals.

The worst thing is the studio will be patting themselves on the back for its success and full of "great ideas" for the sequel despite being instrumental in the thing almost never being made.

People can criticise Deadpool all they like but it's perfect evidence that the absolute best thing studios can do to make money and audiences happy is give teams a little money and stay the fuck away from the production.

I hope he asked for a percentage.

He deserves it, he was the lead, he spearheaded an online campaign to gauge, increase and justify interest for the movie before it was even made.

This isn't the 70s anymore, shit like one from the heart and heavens gate ruined that for everyone and studios will hold on to their control for as long as possible

Unless it becomes a more profitable model.

It was well spent, the film was a box office and critical success.

This year was a pretty big indicator that studios should BACK THE FUCK OFF.

Fox is incompetent, releases more Fantastic Four movies and shitty X-Men, news at 11.

>Life is only as difficult as you, your genes, the family you're born into and the opportunities that come to you make it

I agree my man.

i know that feel.

DUDE FUCK

I said a curse word that means I'm edgy

Hey cool job getting this from the front page of Reddit.

Upvoted.

Most Sup Forums users aren't skinheads. a lot of them are paid shills or people who just come there for the maymays

I didn't like the movie that much, but that's a real admirable thing to do. Good on him.