So,I got a call from a company for an interview next week. The interview is for a job as a carpenter/forniture maker...

So,I got a call from a company for an interview next week. The interview is for a job as a carpenter/forniture maker. They will train me too.

I don't give a shit about being a carpenter, i don't give a crap about wood, and i am very clumsy and have no manual skills, i'd probably cut off my fingers, like, the second day of work.

And...i'm currently attending a night to school to get my high school diploma (which i didn't get because of social anxiety/depression/mental illness), and i value a high school diploma a lot more than a job as a carpenter, and i know i'll not be able to do both thinks.

The problem is that my mom picked up the call (because i halways have my phone on silent) and now my parents want me to get the job, i had to say yes for the interview. Hell, my father is an ISTP and always complained that i don't understand shit about mechanics/plumbing/electrical wiring etc. and now is super happy about this thing, and he doesn't give a shit about the diploma, he wants me to work.

I HAVE TO FAIL the interview, i was thinking about telling the dudes the truth and that i don't get a shit about the job, but i'm too beta/shy to be so upfront.

Do you guys have any tips on how to fail the interview and make a bad impression? Like, wrong answers and stuff? Or should i tell the truth to the employer and cut it short?

Is this bait? Take that shit. That's such a valuable skill to develop and a good job to get so easily. You should be able to do that and your GED shit at the same time. People do that shit all the time.

Get a job, snowflake. Do you want to live with your parents until they die? What then? You'll have to go to work AND pay bills AND do laundry AND cook for yourself at the same time!

Life isn't easy, especially when you've painted yourself into a corner. Take the job, get your god damned GED, then get the hell out of there and be a fucking adult. Pussy.

tell them ur real name is gipetto and u only want the job to make a puppet that u want to become a real boy

I have to agree with this guy OP, depending on how old you are, a skill like this is far more valuable than a degree now and gets you money early.

stop being a faggot OP
get the job and get your GED, keep the job and make $$$

if you wanna fail the interview then be yourself you faggot.

>Do you guys have any tips on how to fail the interview and make a bad impression? Like, wrong answers and stuff?

Wouldn't worry, OP! You seem way too faggy for anyone to ever consider you for any type of manual labor.

I'll be in your situation in 3 months.

Have been working 2 jobs ever since I was 16.

I will be going for a diploma, it's easier to get into the military that way.

You can't be a failure going into the military. It's impossible.

Just tell em what youve said here. That you dont want the job at this point in your life.

Real talk tho: a highschool diploma means jack shit in the real world. This coming from an engineer working on a PhD.

Learn a trade - anything be it with computers, manual labour or something creative... nobody will ever ask to see or care about your highschool diploma.

Wheres The job at cause I have 5+ years at that shit and just got laid off. U worthless fuck doesnt deserve it if u are second guessing a trade job. Get fucked nerd

Underaged, reported, enjoy your ban kid.

wait.... why did you even apply?

and how hard is it to just say "no thanks, I'm doing something else now"?

you don't have to "FAIL" the interview....

Pull a spud. A few amphetamines and way too much truth. You gotta flop just not too hard.

As a matter of fact, be completely honest. You don't even have to mention how socially inept you are.

The people that get jobs are the ones that lie the best as far as I have experienced. I had been completely honest in a lot of interviews where I never get the job.

Somtimes they confess me, way long after, that they thought I was lying and my resume was too perfect for the position.... bitch I was a nerd in high school and they had copy of each and every certification I was granted since middle school.

Oddly enough, when I really adorned my resume I got the jobs.

OP, this describes my path a bit. Now I'm 56 and it did pay off. Also, if you remain adaptable and available for work experiences that you hadn't otherwise considered (such as the one you describe), you can end up with several areas of expertise that will make your work life more enjoyable and lucrative. View from an old man.

Show your cock old man!

Refer to this thread OP. It has all the answers you need.

They are offering you free training to learn a skill that can make you a good living. Pull your head out of your ads and take the job. You can still continue to work towards your GED.

I don't have any pics

That's not my experience, actually. Almost any job i applied for, even the most stupid ones like putting stuff on the shelves at supermarkets, required a diploma. Probably it's because nowadays everyone has one, so if you don't they assume you must either be a total asshole or you must have some kind of problem.

Tell that to the countless homeless vets....

>Almost any job i applied for, even the most stupid ones like putting stuff on the shelves at supermarkets, required a diploma.
because they certainly don't hire kids still in high school to do that shit...

are they failures because their country tossed them aside like a used condom?

Just to be clear, i don't live in the USA, to gain a diploma as andult here you have to go to school from monday to friday for 6 hours each night...how the fuck could i do 8 hours of work and then go to school each day? It's either the school or the job, lads. In my class there's some people who work too, and they look absolutely miserable and always complain that it is too much.

you don't have a test you can take that counts as the equivalent as going through school?

>there's some people who work too

Yes, it is possible, but is kinda difficult, not like the GED in the US. That's why most adults without a diploma go to night schools here, they require you to go there for 6 hours each night, but they are pretty forgiving with grades.

Very few, actually, for the most part my class is composed of kids from suburbs and half delinquents who don't do shit all day like me, only they aren't socially retarded like me.

do they have study books for the test?

I mean that's how most people study for the GED here, not by going to classes. they do have prep classes though.

but to any HS graduate, the GED is a joke. if you're even somewhat intelligent, you could pass that thing when you're 15/16 with a months worth of prep.

just do good and see if its a good fit or not

you never know OP

hope this is a bait if not just kys man

Putting in 14 hour days isn't fun for anyone, but a necessity for some. I've worked from 7-16 followed by 18-23. Shit sucked! but it also payed well. All about priorities, and how much they mean to you. Just don't be lazy cunt. Do what you gotta do.

I mean why are you on Sup Forums if you're not a failure at life, dude? Don't you have something else to do like fucking a cick or going to the club with your normie friends?

You have to go to night school for 3 years ( this depends tho, sometimes is 2, sometimes is 5 ) and then do the normal high school exam. I'm in Italy, btw.

>All about priorities
what if your priorities are to have more than 2 hours of personal time (not including sleep) a day?

yep, pretty much this.

Firstly, get the job and make money.

Fuck a high school diploma and fuck college
They aren't worth ANYTHING

You are just making excuses because you are nervous about doing something new.

If you really want a high school diploma, you can study when you are done working for the day and on weekends.
GEDs and High school diplomas are so easy high school dropouts can get them...

what is your type?

INFP

DUDE, read this

Then that's what you prioritize! And you'll have deal with whatever consequences comes with that.

I'm fully prepared to be homeless later in life.

I'm ok with that.