Why even live

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6_awUgbUJs
youtube.com/watch?v=X0dg1ExuBIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So you can keep rewatching it.

Affirmative

Mad Max Fury Road exists though.

It wasn't as good as the first Terminator tho.

I do not like that movie.

I consider Terminator 1 more of a thriller/horror movie than an action movie

It's an Alien to Aliens type situation.

>Fury Road
>Top T2

O I am laffin

All the car scenes outdo the LA river scene from T2 or any scene really.

>implying a glorified car chase movie will ever top the incredible steel mill, Cyberdyne building, or mental hospital scenes

Fuckin both of these.

because when you get older, you don't give a shit about your youth's films

Action movies today are objectively worse though. Just look at what the Terminator franchise has become today

>millennial detected

The most recent one they made is the only good one they've made since the second

>Genisys
>Good
Jesus Christ no. It was a shitty action "flick" that was horribly miscasted. I'd honestly rate Salvation higher

What the fuck even happened in Salvation? At least Genisys has lots of memorable moments.

>implying the helicopter crash fight with the torso wasn't action kino

Salvation's a million times worse. It's not only totally boring, it's completely forgettable.

Nothing of importance or consequence happens.

>there will never be another action film to top T2
Die Hard, best action film ever made.
Terminator 1
Robocop
Road Warrior, and Fury Road arguably
Tetsuo: Iron Man, better steel mill scene

T2 and Aliens are seriously the most overrated action flicks ever.

The T600 scenes are better than anything on gynosis.

>All the car scenes outdo the LA river scene from T2 or any scene really
Underage confirmed

She's not my mother TODD

I thought T3 was good

gimme your worst

It's actually bad

alot better than T4 and T5

>Die Hard, best action film ever made.
Nah. McTiernan even topped himself with Predator.
>Terminator 1
Not as action packed as T2.
>Robocop
I can drink to this. It probably has the greatest soundtrack of the bunch too.
>Road Warrior, and Fury Road arguably
RW's great. I don't know why you shitters keep bringing up FR though. Max had zero charisma and character development in it.
>T2 and Aliens are seriously the most overrated action flicks ever.
For good reason though. It's preferable to having Bayformers and TDK brought up.

My vote for best action film is between Robocop and Hard Boiled.

Kek. It wasn't even as good as Terminator 1.

They're very different action films. Mad Max: Fury Road features characters that wouldn't mind dying. The audience doesn't fear for them very much and there is thus very little tension. T2 is the opposite.

T2 is an action-thriller, Fury Road is an action-spectacle. Both are good in their own right.

I think T2 is better but I can re-watch Fury Road more.

keep telling yourself that pleb

He didn't have zero, he just had very little as the film wasn't about developing very far. He just goes from a feral survivalist to somebody willing to give doing the right thing another try. Hardy performed quite well given this brief, though I wouldn't call it a difficult role.

It's basically the same movie only with ONE MORE TERMINATOR WOW and the most annoying kid ever.

Terminator > Terminator 2

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6_awUgbUJs

We're on Sup Forums if a movie isn't way above average people will call it utter shit. Even some way above average movies here are called shite.

It isn't really a good movie at all. But you could do a lot worse than Terminator 3 tbqhwyfam

Action movies are all about the pacing and having no unneeded scene that slow the movie down.

Robocop 1's pacing is perfect.

adopting the train of thought from:
T1 is almost completely just a thriller

>McTiernan even topped himself with Predator.
Predator wasn't as suspenseful as Die Hard, and Arnold's banters somehow aren't as comfy as Bruce Willis.

>Not as action packed as T2.
Come on, the battle scenes were far better. They weren't as stupid as bare bones T800 infiltrator units walking around the open battlefield for no reason and shooting at the screen.

>I don't know why you shitters keep bringing up FR though. Max had zero charisma and character development in it.
The action is constant, the effects are decent looking, the cinematography is absolutely unique, and the editing is well calculated.

It's padded with a bunch of faggotry. Dredd doesn't waste a moment.

>T2 is an action-thriller
Nah, T2 is summer blockbuster action movie. It barely has any thrill desu.

T2 is actually the scrapped T1 script.

There really isn't a single action thriller chase scene in existence to compare to the Pescadero Breakout sequence.

All these plebs.

>T2 is actually the scrapped T1 script.
That's what Cameron said, but he's not exactly known as an honest person.

Dredd is massively overrated on this board. The setting is boring and the action scenes aren't even as good as Hard Boiled. Fury Road is technically better.

>I don't have any argumrnts so I'll just use a cop-out

In 2019 the Terminator rights will revert to Cameron. How awesome would it be if in Avatar 4 or 5 the humans would release an army of Terminators on Pandora.

>I do not possess any reading comprehension.

T1 is different to T2 because T1 is a pure thriller and T2 aint.

wtf, stop that

Terminators don't exist in Avatar Extended Universe. Don't expect any terminator sequel, Cuckeron would probably die before even finishing avatar 2 filming.

T2 really is the greatest. Its almost perfect.

That being said I would rate Die Hard 3 higher than 1. Die Hard 1 is awesome but the Bruce Willis / Samuel L Jackson banter is top notch, plus Jeremy Irons is a badass villain.

Νice kids movie you got there OP.
T1 is way better.

Also The Matrix is a better action movie.

>Terminators don't exist in Avatar Extended Universe.

What? And Vader wasn't Luke's father until Empire. Cameron can include and make up whatever he wants in his Avatar universe.

>Arnold's banters somehow aren't as comfy as Bruce Willis.

To think I was taking you seriously there

Right you are. Not only it has aged like wine but it just can not be topped while focusing on digital effects.

The same can be told about Aliens or Blade Runner. It's not about how much stuff you make explode, it's the cinematography, the narrative, the characters and overall feel what they can't replicate.

They focus too much on the effects instead of focusing on what's really important as if they have forgotten that the effects are there to help the story and not the other way around.

Terminator 1 is more original but T2 has based Sarah Connor and the T-1000 is, to this day, far more dangerous and menacing than the original (even though not more iconic).

Apocalypto

/thread

Reminder that Cameron loved Genisys and considers it the real third Terminator movie

He also shilled for T3. He knows they are garbage but Arnold was in them so he did him a favor, they are friends after all.

Selling the rights was the biggest mistake ever

>Not only it has aged like wine but it just can not be topped while focusing on digital effects.

To be honest T2's digital effects have aged better than it's practical ones, a whole bunch of scenes in the movie have aged like cheese

I'm taken out of the canal sequence every time by the terribly obvious stunt doubles and mannequins

Underrated taste.

T1000's design doesn't make sense though, it was only there for spectacles and cool action scenes. But yeah, the complicated reflective texturing is legendary.

CAN SOMEONE FUCKING STREAM TERMINATOR 2 DIRECTORS CUT RIGHT THE FUCK NOW?

REEEE, etc

the action in T2 isn't even that great, the most memorable aspect of the movie is Linda Hamilton's performance and her scenes in the asylum.

Sure, that helps... but my point is the effects are there to support a great narrative with a great cast of characters. If the movie was boring or shitty i am pretty sure people would call on lots of the dated effects.

People doesn't do that because T2 is not an effects showcase, just as Alien and Aliens are not there to show how cool and detailed they can make the xenomorph.

A lot of movies today focus on the spectacle of showing everything they can do with today effects instead of on telling a story.

Suggestion is always far more effective than an effect that calls attention unto itself.

It's an okay pop-corn flick, but a verbal Terminator movie.

Really? It's what kickstarted his incredible career. He may have sold the Terminator rights for cheap but in exchange got to direct it. Best thing he ever did.

A bad* Terminator movie

It's okay if compared to T4 and T5 but those are utter shit.

The problem with T3 is that it tries to go against T2, the whole point of T2 was that "There is no future" and while at first that meant humanity was doomed by the end of the movie it means judgment day may not need to come.

T3 just sets destiny back in which goes against all that. That is, to me, it's biggest flaw but not the only one.
Loken's terminator was weaker that T1000 because not only was it less imaginative but it was categorically less menacing. Beckinsale would have been a better female terminator if they wanted one.

What's his name chosen to be John Connor also failed to deliver. He was a fucking problem kid on T2, badasss for his age and all.
On T3 he is a wimp with a love interest.

Furthermore, the punk elements and the night are mostly gone from T3 and those where arguably a big part of T2 and any movie about rebelling.

It's not that T3 is bad if taken as a stand alone movie but T1 was original and T2 was a masterpiece of the action genre so when T3 came out we only had GOOD Terminator movies so the expectations where pretty high, probably unattainable even if the movie had been good... but on top of that it went against T2 and got a lot of things wrong.

Still better than T4 and T5, but again, those are utter shit even as stand alone movies.

T2 is a hell of a lot of fun but it is bloated and unfocused in a lot of it, definitely not the perfect action film that everyone says it is.

Better action films than T2:
-Point Break
-Die Hard
-Kill Bill
-Speed
-The Matrix

see
Looks like you are wrong friendo.

>majority = reality

Saying T2 is the best action movie is like saying Citizen Kane is the best movie. It's a meme that's gotten out of hand.

It isn't anywhere near as good as the original in any case.

But T2 is the best action movie of all time and the movies you named get BTFO by T2. Point Break? Kill Bill? pls mate

They're practically different genres. T1 is sci-fi, T2 is full-blown action.

>Implying the bale rant on the set wasnt infinitely more memorable than anything in geneCISscum.

Point Break as a script is leagues better
Kill Bill is arguable depending on how much you like the wacky style, it does it for me

T2 is unfocused and suffers from weak characters (aside from Arnold who is based as always) and a weak villan.

Conan and Predator are also better Arnie-kino

Just pirate it, you spineless little cretin.

But Face/Off Is the greatest action movie of all time

Citizen Kane is not a meme.

It's a good movie

But the best movie ever thing is a meme

Here are some of the best action movies:

>Die Hard
>Terminator 2: Judgment Day
>Face/Off
>The Matrix
>Con Air
>Desperado
>Predator

-.-
oh you must hate movies but love films

T1 is a fucking horror movie.

Watching the T-800 limping super fast while Reese and Sarah try to close the door is more fucking scary than many horror movies I've seen.

Cameron should really try his hand at a 100% horror movie someday.

It's the best a Terminator movie can be without Cameron.

BAD TO THE BONE

too bad T2 john connor went full JUST and could not take the role again in the sequels.

>"great military leader"

>argumentum ad populum
This board is filled with children, it's no wonder they love the boy-and-his-robot wish fulfillment tripe that is T2

I know now why you cry, but it is something I can never do.

The Terminator is a fantastic film, but I'll never understand why some of you dweebs act like it's so much better than T2. I love T1 but it hasn't held up as well as T2. The effects have aged like milk from the eye removal scene to the cool, but dated, stop motion effects of the Endoskeleton.

Yeah, you guys are right, T2 is basically a redo of T1, but it's better in every way. That's exactly what Cameron set out to do, make a better Terminator film with a proper budget. He was limited in 1984 and he knew it. T2 was his vision at his peak, and it shows. Sarah Connor is better. The T-800's sacrifice is more emotional than Kyle Reese getting shrapnel in his face. Brad Fidel's soundtrack is a lot better in T2 (because he was given more time). Arnold and Linda Hamilton are much better acting wise in T2 than T1.The T-1000 is a better, more frightening villain. The Cyberdyne Systems shootout is more compelling than the Police Shootout (and shot much, much better), and it's just a stronger film overall.

People can never admit this because,

>muh Arnold doesn't killllll
>he's not a bad guy
>a 10 year old kid acts like a 10 year old kid

T1 and T2 are both awesome, the only Terminator films that are worth a damn, but T2 edges it out slightly with it's superior action, effects, and characters. Anyone that says differently is being a hipster.

youtube.com/watch?v=X0dg1ExuBIQ

John Wick left a huge impression on me. Everything was really fast and fluid, and the club scene felt like it might have been inspired by Hotline Miami. I think there's hope.