Is the anything such as good EDM

Guy I like is into EDM and want to find something he'd like that I could listen to and want to honestly give his music a fair shot (just like how he'll do the same)

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

residentadvisor.net/features/1144
youtu.be/q0LJAmBA-44
youtu.be/zB989uZTVGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nigga u gay

Thanks

the ed banger compilation are a good place to start imo

he won't do the same

aphex twin

Go back to R3ddit, you uncultured swine! EDM is not music, it's just some commercial shit with noise.

Deadmau5 is tolerable.

Maybe try looking into the original UK dubstep scene. I doubt he's into it but it could be a gateway for you to find things you both like.

Mala, Coki, Skream, Benga?
>italian chef kissing his a-ok sign.jpg

Depends on what you mean by EDM

If anything ''electronic with a danceable beat'', try Can, Faust, Jean Michel Jarre and Stockhausen

If you mean post-2010 EDC/Ultrafest fruity loops bollocks, no

try some of these

residentadvisor.net/features/1144

not ''EDM''

theres nothing more theoretically complex about indie music vs a edm(deadmau5 for ex). The reason people inherently dislike edm from a musical standpoint is pure pretention. Obviously there are some interesting indie bands, and a ton of bland edm acts, but the gap isn't as wide as youd think.

typo *pretension

Jauz, Joyryde, Drezo, Malaa, Diplo

>Deadmau5 is tolerable.

no

Edm is trash, deadmau5 did some edm stuff which is okay but is his worse, and Tycho and eric p is alright. Look into techno and idm , deadmau5 is there now but you got maceo Plex , boards of canada , aphex twins , tinlicker and you'll find more

Why EDM when you can IDM?

porter robinson

idm is for fags

ebm is far superior

Halftime, DnB, jump up, and dubstep. That's all you need

What do you normally listen to?

and what does he normally listen to?

iglooghost

DJ Rashad, DJ Assault, Burial, Machinedrum, Amon Tobin, early Prodigy

Not bad of a selection. Would add people like mefjus, kasra, enei, mr bill, kursa, and other echoes

>jump up
Isn't it a subgenre of DnB? Is it Levela?

It's a sub genre, but it has a reputation that I put it separately. It's mainly guys like original sin, taxman, serum, turno, and nostalgia

>deadmau5
>tycho
>"aphex twins"

oh boy

Just go listen to Madeon, OP.

Not EDM they predate the term and aren't a part of the satellite umbrella. Most are aberrations of them in the EDM-verse. EDM is a frowned upon term.

Yes

If you're into metal you might like Broken Note, Mr Skeleton and if you like chilled shit Boris Brejcha is the gear.

youtu.be/q0LJAmBA-44
youtu.be/zB989uZTVGE

Broken note is a fucking beast

Oh really? I've always taken EDM to mean pretty much what it stands for and not refer to a particular point when EDM became Tiesto and Co.