what say you, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

heresy or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hmm

quite good for abandoned series

Paraphrasing from /tg/, it's an absolutely amazing job from one guy, and probably the best 40k film project that we've seen so far, however the voice acting definitely needs some work and there are some details such as Terra not being polluted at all that might need fixing, but stellar job overall.

Yes, I liked it too. Animations (especially facial) and voices need work, but overall this is the best thing we got so far. And probably the best we will ever get.
Too bad we will get to see the full product in about 10 years.

Why does the grand inquisitor have an Irish accent?
Does he come from the Irish planet?

>The following footage is 100% rendered in real time
Okay? Did nobody tell him that you don't have to do that?

Fuck off

The grand inquisitor doesn't say a word. He's the bald guy riding the platform.

Probably limited by hardware

Chances are he was making the project as a portfolio to try get work for a game company in which case its impressive

>Grand Inquisitor

Don't exist. You're either an Inquisitor, or a Lord Inquisitor. But none have any authority over another, unless one chooses to allow it. A Lord Inquisitor has more seniority, but they can't make another Inquisitor do what they want. Though lots of Inquisitors will do so.

He works at crytek

It's a 3 man job. It looks like it's a passion project by a professional studio. The reason it's taking so long is because, originally, it was a 15min animation that ended up coming to the notice of GW. Instead of C&Ding him, GW said they could do what they want, but with rules.

1. Can't make any money from it, not even donations
2. Cannot put 40k into a bad light
3. Cannot put GW into a bad light
4. Cannot go against canon (this was further helped by ADB agreeing to help write the script)

It then got boosted into a 45min long film.

The story, I believe, is as follows

>Edgy Guy is an Inquisitor in training
>Lord Inquisitor gets a message about an artefact found
>Lord Inquisitor sends Edgy Guy (Marcus) to find artefact
>Edgy Guy finds artefact
>It's Chaos artefact
>It infects him and the planet
>Lord Inquisitor assembles the Grey Knights and he himself goes with them
>They purge the planet and capture artefact for containment

That's it, I think.

>that utterly atrocious character animation

Man, I just love the overly macho, grimderp aesthetic of WH40k. Wish we had that IRL instead of all the love and rainbows shit.

It's done by 3 guys, who have a full time job at Crytek. It's a fan project and their IP license says they cannot make ANY money on the work. Not even donations.

So they have to work to pay the bills and don't have time or money to make it better. If you look at official GW film animation, it's x10 better. Furthermore, not even professional video game CGI studios can get the proportions or weight right for Space Marines.

It's fucking amazing work for a 3 man team.

Sure, good for them, but it still looks terrible.
I appreciate what they are trying to do but when its so bad it makes it impossible to enjoy something is not quite right.

It's too toxic and male empowering. Jews would never allow it.

Isn't Warhammer that homoerotic fantasy about perfect male specimens becoming super soldiers or something?

Yeah, I know.

God damn i want a big budget 40k film series. Replace all this cape shit with 40k.

There is a whole species of aliens who became so gay that the accumulated gayness created another chaos god. It's literally the gayest fictional universe to date.

Hey tumblr

muh female space marines

>what is Adepta Sororitas

What about space lesbian bdsm nuns?

mfw this is true

I mean thats a pretty simplified way of looking at it

>dark comedy series with ork POV
>kino tier war movies with IG POV
>kino tier horrors with SM and nids
>contemplative movies that really make you think with Eldar setting

>tfw its never going to happen

Send me to the fucking desert senpai

Isn't the planet supposed to be Terra? Then that seems implausible.

Presumably the artefact isn't on terra
>Lord Inquisitor sends Edgy Guy (Marcus) to find artefact

Um yeah, you're right, I wasn't thinking interplanetary when I read your comment.

?

youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

will it be good?

WTF I LOVE HOMOS NOW

>GW will never license 40K to HBO to make an animates mini series

>abandon series
>2 video games coming soon

AKA it's a perfect summary

trailer is kino, but the gameplay vids have me worried

>Games Workshop only let him make it if it's non profit.

GIVE THE GUY SOME HELP GW YOU FUCKING RETARDS

>It's another tired fetch the mcguffin 40k plot .
Why?

>They purge the planet and capture artefact for containment

Before I watch this please tell me if the voice acting is nearly as terrible as the trailer I just watched.

it is an amazing job, but the inquisitor needs to be a jaded realist not an edgelord

that's not THE inquisitor, that's his puppy

>Terra
>around 5 ships in orbit

Inquisitor needs a hat. Important people have hats.

>all these people not realizing that Marcus is a rookie and the actual lord inquisitor is the bald dude on the float

He is young (probably), irreverent, and his own acolytes seem to be testing and advising him. He is a rookie high on his own power and acting like a kid, which he is, that is why he seems to have a senior armsman and assassin for acolytes, they are there to advise and julep his ass in line as much as obey.

That VA is so bad it's distracting.