I noticed there are a lot of metalfags on Sup Forums. Will someone redpill me? Seems like one of the most uninventive...

I noticed there are a lot of metalfags on Sup Forums. Will someone redpill me? Seems like one of the most uninventive, inbred genres out there, besides mainstream pop and hip hop, but still gets a pass, as if it were original. Why is it considered cool? What is it that I'm missing? Or, as usual, OP is just a faggot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3HciKwoVAvo
youtube.com/watch?v=1N1vHuhjLhs
youtu.be/2G5rfPISIwo
youtu.be/xeyp3Leutts
youtu.be/vo9SeGRlzao
youtu.be/g1wW6yPDqwY
youtu.be/DPyOhP1GTRQ
youtu.be/YkJJGnuGstg
youtu.be/16rH_2HI7CE
youtu.be/oflaE-XpAZM
youtu.be/5abamRO41fE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bamp

You lost?

Aren't we all in some sense?

youtube.com/watch?v=3HciKwoVAvo

you just don't dig deep enough.

prog metal is the literal shit. Tell me you've heard something like 3:30 - 4:40 before, I dare you.

cause metal is an etremely broad genre. While pop is pretty much tied directly to the year and the current style that permeates the industry, or while hip hop tries to emulate itself constantly and mostly solo artists trying to force their name into a podium, metal is somewhat a-historic, with a plethora of styles even within the same sub-genre.
Don't get me wrong, metal - like very other music genre - is full of sellouts and mediocres, but offers a lot more to those who actually dig a little and are not afraid to stick with just a couple of bands.

And no, I'm no metalhead myself, but I do appreciate the variance of the genre.

Also see

Listen to:

Pain killer by Judas priest

One by Metallica

Killing in the name by rage against the machine

Walk by pantera

The holographic principle by epica

Basically, there are different types of metal and some is much better than others. Recently, metal isn't all that great but if you look properly for any amount of time, you'll find a good band.

>entry level

By now he's probably listened to all that

>Haggard - Eppur si muove (album)
symphonic with death vocals
>Avantasia - The Metal Opera (album)
Power metal, top tier
>Angra - Angels Cry (album) and Temple of Shadows (album)
Melodic/power metal
>Stratovarius - everything up to and included Infinity album
>Sonata Arctica - up to and included Reckoning Night album
>Dio - e v e r y a l b u m

you're cute.

listen to Blind Guardian OP, and then listen to Agalloch. you'll get a decent idea of the creativity and versatility therein.

Avantasia is the shit.

Slipknot all the way. Fuck metallica, its boring.

The thing is - most music is bad. Most metal is bad, most pop is bad, most rock is bad, most hip hop is bad, etc. The reason that metal is considered cool is because they don't (usually) strive for good music, they strive for originality.
Look up Square Hammer by Ghost and then The Creature by Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. Scooby Doo Metal and Slam Poetry Doom Metal.
They're both unbelievably original, man. That's what they're going for. I understand saying that you don't like it or that it's for untalented hacks, but originality is their main thing.

for me metal was/is always like a journey. you start off with some thing you like and you have hundreds of ways to go from there. you can have it more complex, more heavy, faster, and many more.
from there you go down the rabbit hole.
i started off with metallica in my youth like cutey above and now im between black doom and stoner metal. its just as your live changes there are fitting subgenres in metal you can go with.

btw i am no idiot and ONLY listen to metal but i notice it has always something to offer.

Metal as a genre is absolutely massive and covers such a wide spectrum of music, there's slower more melodic stuff which is easier to listen to all the way to very fast and aggressive thrash, there's not just one generic sound such as pop and r&b which means there's something anyone can enjoy even if they're just discovering the genre.

What kind of summerfag are you? EVERYBODY knows that aluminum is the shit

Nah man. You should listen to the new album by tungsten. It's really heavy.

I hate you

>738320453
tbh, as someone who appreciates most genres, music to me is just parts of your self. Everyone has their own tastes, but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate other genres we wouldn't otherwise like, you jus tneed to find the right song.

For me it's audibly aesthetically pleasing
Also the lyrics -usually- tell a story. Usually.

For example, compare the lyrics of In Flames versus the lyrics of Little Wayne.

youtube.com/watch?v=1N1vHuhjLhs

sounds fucking terrible

Tool- Aenema
A perfect circle - right in two

Metal is all about evolution and originality. It's such a broad genre and there is a lot of it that is good.

>Heavy Metal
youtu.be/2G5rfPISIwo
>Thrash
youtu.be/xeyp3Leutts
>Death
youtu.be/vo9SeGRlzao
>Prog
youtu.be/g1wW6yPDqwY
>Black
youtu.be/DPyOhP1GTRQ

youtu.be/YkJJGnuGstg

youtu.be/16rH_2HI7CE

youtu.be/oflaE-XpAZM

>Nu-metal
youtu.be/5abamRO41fE

Some lyrics have way deeper meaning than originally perceived. It needs a cumulative experience and knowledge to actually understand anything else than what was heard on a emotional level.

Fuck all of you, the new album by neutronium is the heaviest shit ever