Do you think baldness will ever be cured?

Do you think baldness will ever be cured?

Genetically yes. I miss my hair but it hasn't affected me getting pussy what so ever. I do miss it though.
>lotsofhats.jpeg

How has it affected your game?

I'm losing my hair.

Mine receded a good bit but I don't have a bald spot or thinning. I miss it a lot because I had a great hairline with amazing hair, I just can't make it look as good with the new hairline.

That said, yes, but it will have to be done on a genetic level. No amount of external androgen suppression will be able to cure it.

He literally just said it hasn't affected his game

It's lupus. Where's Cuddy I want to stir her mac n cheese

If a mummies curse exists surely there is a cure. Maybe if I freeze myself in Encino, man

Quack quack Molly ringwsld. Meeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnn

NO bitch

Anyone tried one of those FDA approved laser combs?

As far as I know baldness can be stopped by blocking DHT (dihydrotestosterone) but DHT is essential for a male and having low DHT can cause far worse side effects than baldness.

I used finasteride 1mg for about 10 years, since I was 15~16.

For the past two years my doctor made the switch to a liquid form of it, it's basically a solution/formula of 5% minoxidil and 0,5% finasteride.

So far I have been able to maintain my hairline of when I was 16.

like what?

But how much of a woman are you now that you've blocked DHT production for the last 10 years?

its fucking awful trying to keep long hair when you're constantly losing it

probably not. medical science is pretty useless

some people take t-blockers for that reason as well yk?

DHT is a byproduct of testosterone. It blocks 5-alpha reductase (Test -> DHT).

When you take a 5aR blocker (finasteride, dutasteride), you still have normal levels of testosterone.

A perfect lady.

Anyway, so far I'm good, never had a problem getting a boner and I don't feel that my libido diminished.

The side effects people get worked up about are lowered libido. In reality the effected population is small, and a lowered libido isn't a big deal, you shouldn't be chasing pussy 24/7 like someone from jersey shore anyway.

It already has been.

i actually welcomed that when it happened

im on two 50mg spironolactone and a 1mg finasteride daily for reasons

whats the name of that solution/formula dear user

1. Start Finasteride 1mg once a day (if no response after 1 year start 0.5mg Dutasteride once a day)
2. Start Minoxidil 5% twice a day
3. Ketoconazole 1-2% shampoo three times a week
4. FUT or FUE hair transplant to restore hairline (previous treatments don't work on hairline)

Can't cure what you don't have.

Too much money to made treating it. If they ever come up for a cure it will be bought and warehoused.

Not by hocus pocus "medicine", like the one you posted.

It doesn't have a name. It's just like I said, it's a liquid solution of 5% minoxidil and 0,5% finasteride in a 50ml flask.

I don't know how you would call it, I think it's a compounding pharmacy. But here we have a lot of those, I just go into one and order it and they make it for me.

Forgot to add. I use it by dropping a few drops on my hairline every night before going to bed and in the back of my head, just in case.

You do realize starting fin in your teens is very dangerous?

I have a full head of hair.

Fatigue, muscle loss, low libido, low ambition etc.

Yeah, I know. But I went to two different doctors and tried some minoxidil and other things first but none of it worked. Then the doctor prescribed me finasteride and it was the only thing that worked, I mean, I was 15-16 and was already balding.

But I go back every year to that doctor to make sure things are fine. I didn't start using it of my own accord.

>Have a very slow thinning of my hair
>Almost 30 now, it's only noticeable if my hair gets messy in certain ways or if it gets really wet
>Nobody I know has said anything about it yet so it's probably more noticeable to me than other people
>Still getting self conscious about it
>Look up minoxidil
>Every single fucking thing I find on it says one of three things
>1) WORKED FOR ME
>2) MADE IT WORSE
>3) WORKED BUT BROKE MY DICK NOW I HAVE E.D.

Yeah so pretty much just going to not use any kind of supplement for this shit and hope it doesn't get worse. Seems like anything that CAN stop hair loss, can ALSO make it worse or make you impotent.

Minox doesn't cause ED, that would be Propecia and even then it is only a very small minority.

Minox can cause itchy scalp and sometimes rashes

No point in using minox unless you are using products too

low ambition?

Yes, having low DHT and being generally fatigued and weak can affect your self-esteem and general drive in life.

for anyone considering finasteride, don't it's poison

But hair

so the only stuff that has no side effects is ketoconazole.. and even they are not 100% sure it works

for those of us unwilling to fuck our dicks up on finasteride, I find topical finasteride doesn't give me limpdick

what hats can I wear that won't make me look fedora-tier?

t. virgin

kek

Yep, that's why my doctor made me switch to it. It's more effective and it doesn't have the potential to fuck you up.

Jesus why don't you guys just shave your heads? If I ever go bald I will.

Flat cap. You'll look like a wannabe intellectual artist but that's better than Fedora.

you're lucky user, I had to go out of my way finding out how to illegally import it from America

you can last a longtime still looking good with a buzcut. Also you can get really lucky on finasteride recovering lost hair.

Odd shaped skull from head on collision I was in as a child.

That sucks.

honestly I can't pull off a flat cap I will look autistic. all Ifeel confident in is a beanie during winter. Wish there were more standard hats like beanies but ok to wear in Summer, I don't see anyone wearing baseball caps but that'd be perfect

What about this? Basecap with a more adult appeal.

I like this but do you think it looksa bit communist/anarchist? is /fa/ good for this or are they hipsters?

Ever heard of hair plugs?

Never been to /fa/ but I don't think you'll look like an anarchist/communist. More like a guy who wants to cover his head and is cool about it. Totally unobtrusive if you get one in a dark color.

Btw Stetson even sells these

Get a porkpie and carry a guitar around.

baldness is the kind of thing you've just got to embrace. Nobody is fooled by your insistence of wearing a baseball cap everywhere, or the combover or the hair plugs/toupee. Everyone is laughing behind your back about your insecurity.

It's like being short - if you're obsessed about it, women can sense it and will judge you more harshly for it. If you're confident despite it, most of them won't care.

thanks I'll pick one up in dark brown or grey, just need to avoid green or it might look a bit commie on me

There are two cure that already exist. 1 (mine) might cause cancer

The second is illegal per the UN and genetic engineering in humans. Actually a very easy and non heritable fix but illegal.

I had the same attitude until I started losing my hair. I tried everything to keep it and even cried about it in the shower. It's a real confidence killer. I just shave my head now and keep my beard nice so I'm fine with it now. But it took me years to get over it. Started balding when I was 23 and it became noticeable to people by 27ish. I am now 30 and bald and don't care.

Yep. Avoid green and beige. These imply a military background.

Only if you're a Jazz musician

Congrats on being comfortable with it. I guess since I was in the armed forces from a young age, I got used to shaving my head. For me it looks squared away, shows leadership, manliness, being neat etc. When I get stressed or feel the need for a change I usually buzz my head from 0000 sides to 00 on top. My girlfriend hates it because I have nice hair but idc. Something nice about waking up worrying about one less thing.