What fuck was his problem? It was just a fucking dog

What fuck was his problem? It was just a fucking dog.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4MIc9Z50Uv4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

His wife gave it to him, you idiot

They were just Russians, what's the problem?

>t. has never owned a dog

It was the last thing he had an emotional connection to, before that was his wife who died. When they fucked up his dog it was like removing the last vestige of humanity he had gained from his wife, maaaan.

But Reek killed Bran and Rickon ;_;

>second movie begins with Obama eating his new dog
>John Wick now has to kill the entire Army, Navy, Air Force, National Guard and Secret Service

The movie is just 'Man On Fire' written for teenagers. Dogs are easier to relate to than friendly underageb&.

>never owned a dog
>never owned a bad ass car

op confirmed for neet

woman detected

He literally tells you the dog represents his last chance at walking away from his life of crime and living a normal life

His wife just died and he needed to vent his anger. Reek gave him a perfect target.

Says someone that apparently never had a dog.

Or a sociopath.

He was a big shot criminal and they disrespected him.

Big. Mistake.

The movie is a metaphor. The new generation direspecting the old, the old having more important things on their minds than money, like honor (represented by Wick blowing up the money.)

You have Wick, who represents authority over the new generation, and Viggo, who is the enabling parent who let his kid run wild.

Pottery! POTTERY SHARDS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

It's not over the dog.
It's over fucking with the wrong person.

If you know anything about the movie industry you can instantly see what John Wick is

They clearly optioned this big ambitious script that is trying to do the "semi-fantasy-esque over-the-top criminal underworld" theme (similar to Payback), with post-Matrix action, and the movie was clearly supposed to establish the setting for a franchise and trilogy, BUT, for whatever weird reason, someone got cold feet along the way and told them to trim it back to a standalone single feature.

You can just smell that it was originally meant to be like 3 hours long and much deeper lore-wise. You can smell the characters that were hastily miscast and smushed to fit into the edited script, so that they seem bizarrely out of place and overexaggerated for how little screen time and relevance they get. You can tell that the budget was gutted.

Some financial decision was made by the higher-ups that the original gamble was no longer worth it, but that they could still have their shot at making it a franchise if they somehow managed to take the hugely reduced scope and budget of the project and create something great. And they didn't.

Watching John Wick is like watching 1/4th of something ambitious that a lot of people resignedly stretched and flayed to cover the space left by the absence of the other 3/4ths. It reminds me of Lucky Number Slevin, where they optioned a script and then forgot to apply enough funding and care to actually turn it into a movie, so it's bizarrely uncanny to moviegoers, like watching an inexplicably high production quality stageplay of some guy's shitty fanfiction with a dumb name.

It's weird that you compared this to Lucky Number Slevin, that's what I thought of when I first saw it.

I get what you mean with things like the secret society and the handful of other people involved that Keanu meets, they barely do anything but they're clearly a part of something much bigger. It's not handled in a cool and mysterious way though, it feels like plot elements are just missing.

It wasn't just the dog

They stole his car as well and smashed his face a bit. Seriously, if you're a former professional lone gun man assassin pistol ninja and someone comes around fucks up your shit for no fucking reason, why int he actual fuck would you ever let that shit go?

The only thing "doing nothing" about will get you is a sudden and extreme amount of attention from old enemies who now know they can hassle him because of perceived weakness and a lack fo fear of the consequences.

nigger, man on fire was man on fire written for teenagers. besides they have nothing in common besides being a generic payback plot

> his wife's gift from beyond the grave
> "just a dog"

You've obviously never truly loved someone

>man on fire was man on fire written for teenagers

You sure told him.

>man on fire was man on fire written fro teenagers
The second half was but the first half was good.

youre literally just a retard. youve grown up on capeshit so you dont remember when movies had contained universes. theres literally no reason to assume any of the shit you said

>the movie was clearly supposed to establish the setting for a franchise and trilogy, BUT, for whatever weird reason, someone got cold feet along the way and told them to trim it back to a standalone single feature.
the sequel is already in the can fucko

>It was just a fucking dog.
if i had the skills, I would destroy the universe for my dog.

I love how this a thread of people seriously proposing that losing a dog makes it understandable to kill dozens of people who had literally NOTHING to do with the dog's death.

my point was man on fire wasnt a particularly intellectual movie. it was quite a simple, straightforward revenge flick.
>sad man
>finds something to live for
>establish attachment
>take away
>revenge
pretty simple and generic. But when the performances and action are done well they stand out, like man on fire and john wick and plenty of other movies

I gained a lot of respect for Keanu because of the gun training he did for this movie. He didn't just fake it, he actually went out and trained with real guns. Very few liberal Hollywood actors would even dare touch a real gun.

youtube.com/watch?v=4MIc9Z50Uv4

it wasnt just the dog, john literally makes a monologue about it in the "im thinkin im back" scene. also they worked for a mob boss, fuck em

The fuck are you talking about.
A movie doesn't have to focus on every elements of it's world. On the contrary, doing so makes it feel small and insignificant.

You know that Keanu has plenty of gun experience since he served in World War I & II?

the first half was Leon The Professional without the sexual tension

i don't see the problem, russian people is scum, i prefer save a dog rather than any russian life

OP was fishing w/ bait

I said the same thing about The Protector. Like 8 fucking people steal his elephant and 200 people get their necks broken for it over the course of the movie.

Tony Jaa was the bad guy.

OH SHIIII-

this. only hinting at and offering glimpses of the world outside of the immediate storyline is helpful for establishing setting. its something almost no movies do anymore

>It was just a fucking dog

good job shitting up the thread

>John Wick
>well done performances and action
Everything but Keanu Reeves is shit.

No, a movie doesn't have to. But John Wick leaving the shit hanging that it did felt off.

Good.

Hello knowyourmeme

John Wick's setting is fucking stupid and lame

This post reeks of Sup Forums

He had to kill them all because they wouldn't have let him slide if he had just wasted the fags that killed doge. He probably didn't even want to kill all of them.

>it feels like plot elements are just missing.

Yes but I think there is more to be said sabot the script.

After a certain point in making a movie you just know that you can do more with less. A short, uncomplicated script for example means you'll be able to use common ideas which don't require explanation so the audience can think for themselves.

If you already know the common stories of revenge films, you already know the usual pattern and you get to set your own expectations based on previous experiences. Simply having certain characters in the story without having them be elaborately explained is also implying a larger world and that this is just a short time in that world. We assume that people who talk like they've known each other for a long time, have in fact known each other, even if we aren't aware of past events.

Who fucking cares what it meant to him. Doesn't mean you can go on shooting sprees because IT HURT SO BAD. The point is that the offense did not even remotely warrant his backlash.

And "they worked for a mob boss"? Are you serious? So did he at one point and was way worse than them by all accounts. But I guess "moving on" and getting a wife and a dog suddenly makes you worthy of passing judgment, right?

I'm more of a /k/ommando. A lot of liberal Hollywood actors absolutely HATE guns. Burt from Tremors is the worst example of this, IRL he supports gun confiscation which broke my heart because he was one of my childhood inspirations for getting into guns.

>Darth Vader from Star Wars is the worst example of this, IRL he is a big black guy which broke my heart because he was one of my childhood inspirations for getting into racist imperialism.

He was triggered

That makes sense but I dislike it.

Keanu and his league of pre-assembled super-friends pwning Russian goons is no fun.

>Big black guy

You never know what could set someone off.

Wick had a history with Addy the bartender

This is world building, we might see more of her in the future

Ralphie did nothing wrong.

>world building
don't let this become a meme-term like 'cinematography.' It's already starting. Each use of the term makes me angrier.

Nu-Males everyone

Good thing you arent born in the 80s kiddo

Worldbuilding is the new american cinematheque

No, its just called "not being psychotic."

Is it really that hard to understand that a person who loses the woman he loves and then gets some renewed hope from the dog snaps when someone kills his dog for no fucking reason?

>Tony Jaa was the bad guy.

I'm glad Paul Walker kicked his ass in FF7

>John Wick's setting is fucking stupid and lame
i agree, but that doesnt mean showcasing but not elaborating on it is a sign of an aborted extended universe

he has the expression of a guy whos about to ogle some titties and get away with it

>John Wick's setting is fucking stupid and lame
No. It's cool and badass

>Characters are shit
>Direction is shit
>Action sequences are shit
I disagree with you.
Also, the Russian guy wasn't half bad.

Yeah, people lose their shit and get triggered. But a fucking prolonged killing spree is more than just "snapping."

People lose precious things everyday and lose their urge to live or give a shit about anything. They wanna die and take everyone with them. But there's a big difference between wanting to do that shit and actually doing it.

You must be muslim.

For anyone else it's the same as "It was just his fucking son" or "just his fucking daughter"

dogs are family.

he doesnt go on a killing spree. hes goes to kill the kid and people attempt to kill him in the process, and he kills them in return. I dont remember him ever harming anybody who didnt try to harm him first

No one is saying it's hard to believe. But the movie clearly wants us to root for him which any moral thinking person would find impossible.

John Wick is a genocidal cunt. Fuck him.

He doesn't go on a suicidal killing spree like mass shooters do, he is seeking revenge and he has to go through a lot of bodies to do it. He doesn't want to die, he wants to kill the guy who killed his dog.

>It was just a fucking dog

hope your family get cancer and you have to watching them die

>John Wick is a genocidal cunt.

I'm pretty sure he didn't kill the entire Russian race

Unfortunately

Wow. You don't get to pick a fight with people, say you're going to kill them, and then call it self-defense when you kill the people that are trying to stop you.

I think he just doesn't care at this stage, the dog was his last shred of a reason to live, otherwise he would have gone about it a bit smarter and got the guy in private.

If you don't think someone who single-handedly takes on an entire organized crime syndicate -- no matter how skilled they are -- doesn't have some kind of death wish, you're insane.

True, at this point he has lost his reason to live so he doesn't really care about making the smart choice. But it's not a suicide mission where he wants to die, he's just being reckless because he doesn't give a fuck anymore.

im tired, i meant to quote the other user and say "prolonged killing spree", maybe it was a slip because i totally agree it was suicidal

They killed his dog AND his friend Willem Dafoe

They deserved everything they got

I can't wait for more Keanu operatorkino

Holy shit, he's a good shot