What went wrong?

What went wrong?

No J.J, No pay pay.

you tell me op

The marketing was absolutely terrible. The first trailer they released was a disaster that alienated every Trekkie and after that they barely marketed the damn movie.

You could say the first trailer....sabotaged it

There's a theory going around that Paramount wanted it to bomb so as to neogitate lower salaries for Star Trek 4

Star Trek isn't a franchise with mass appeal. People watched the last two because of clever marketing, but people don't actually like Star Trek.

Into Darkness being a big of shit and trying (and failing) to knockoff of Wrath of Khan didn't help much either.

the good guys literally won by playing loud beastie boys at the bad guys

IT WAS FUCKING BORING AS FUCK. FUCKING SCOTTIE AS THE MAIN CHARACTER. GO FUCK YOURSELF PEGG. NOT ENOUGH SPOCK. KIRK WAS A PUSSY. OPENING SCENE WAS STUPID. VILLAIN WAS STUPID AND MADE NO SENSE. VILLAINS MOTIVATION WAS RETARDED. WEAPON WAS RETARDED AND WAS WORSE THAN SWARM INVASION FORCE. PEGG IS A HACK.

Sorry, I was so hyped for this movie and I don't think I've ever been so disappointed with a movie before.

No he said what went WRONG.

>It's a villain who wants revenge on the Federation Trek film

dont give up hope, maybe one day you will go see a movie and it will turn out to be a classic like the fellowship of the ring and you will enjoy it when it is popular

All these movies were cpmplete shit. I haven's even slightly enjoyed a star Trek movie since First Contact and the last one I liked was The Voyage Home.

Undiscovered Country was pretty good I guess.

When the best movie in a huge franchise came out in the early 1980s you know you have a problem.

*cough* Empire.

The marketing did everything it could to keep asses out of sits.

Other than that not much. The villain could have used a bit more development, maybe give the reveal a bit earlier so it could have an emotional impact on the character. Also I can see how the SABOTAGE scene rubbed some people the wrong way.

B as a sci-fi / adventure story. B+ as a Trek film and the best since Star Trek VI.

The movie was actually quite good until they landed on the planet

This. The second the actual story started it became a marvel-tier schlockfest with non-stop shaky cam and quippy quips

Star Wars exists again so nobody wants to see a Star Trek movie anymore.

its simply not Star Trek no matter how hard it tries

wrong. that part tried to appeal to the masses ttoo much. thats why it was shit.
are you serious? the space battle was mediocre and basically tried to knockoff off of the first ST

Compared to the second half were we literally only got to see a village yet were meant to believe that they had trillions of ships

the worst part was that they didnt try to move the whole ST story forward. In the second part they had Khans tech and still Enterprise is a piece of shit.

>Compared to the second half were we literally only got to see a village yet were meant to believe that they had trillions of ships
sorry, you lost me m8. what are you talking about?

>Those stories where the Studio wanted it to be more like Guardians of the Galaxy and Fast and the Furious

Remember when they're at the captive village, there's a tower of drone ships, maybe 100 max but then in space there's tens of thousands

Enterprise was destroyed. AGAIN.

Everything that isn't capeshit or Transformers bombs.

oh yeah. noticed that too, but assumed that they were command ships or something like that and the drones are somewhere else like in the orbit.
not to mentioned how easy it was done and that it was carried out by basically 100 yo technology.