Stop thinking you're some kind of intelligent overlord for thinking hip-hop is terrible. Indie Pop/Rock...

Stop thinking you're some kind of intelligent overlord for thinking hip-hop is terrible. Indie Pop/Rock, aka NMH and the sort, is just as bad, one-sided, unoriginal, bland and utterly pointless. Stop patting yourself on the back for having the music taste of a 14 year old suburban girl as opposed to an 18 year old inner city whore

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NdeKqqw40nE
youtube.com/watch?v=e2Nsy4h8rD4
youtube.com/watch?v=BGys4WhZNYg
youtube.com/watch?v=8IRxy_ebBNk
youtube.com/watch?v=3-f7zsW7EV4
youtube.com/watch?v=TK1bi4emEkk
youtube.com/watch?v=JRjedXaQ9Rg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow deep

>Hip hop apologists are this delusional

rap is not music.

it's talking. that's what it says. "rap" means talking in meter. It has rhythm. It's not music. It's OK. there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not music. People who are great at rap aren't great musicians, they're just great at rap. there's no road from rapping into music. Music is something you can get better and better at, I don't think you can do that with Rap. I don't know if rap has that kind of space to it which leads off to an infinite number of possibilities. music does.

It's the difference between terrible music and not music at all.

Rap is terrible.
Rab is bad
It's fans are wiggers
Who wish they were black

rap is the worst genre ever, idiot.

Rap is a performance art like a skit or a live poetry reading. It only has elements of music. it's not primarily a musical art.

>Indie Pop/Rock, aka NMH and the sort
well there's your problem op. listen to actually good indie rock you fag

youtube.com/watch?v=NdeKqqw40nE
youtube.com/watch?v=e2Nsy4h8rD4
youtube.com/watch?v=BGys4WhZNYg
youtube.com/watch?v=8IRxy_ebBNk
youtube.com/watch?v=3-f7zsW7EV4
youtube.com/watch?v=TK1bi4emEkk

Rap isn't music.
But some of the hop-hop tracks are pretty neat.

Objectively, you can't argue that this isn't good music youtube.com/watch?v=JRjedXaQ9Rg
You can argue that most rap isn't that though, to which I'll wholeheartedly agree.

Okay, thanks user. I'll do that from now on.

I liked this post enough that I decided to bump it, thus lowering the quality of Sup Forums and facilitating its steady decline.

Keep fighting the good fight, OP.

Sup Forums pls go

OP's right. However, he might as well have an even WORSE taste than your average mindless Sup Forumscore drone, which is laughable.

Ok, but hip-hop is. Most albums released as "rap" are not just one guy talking without an instrumental.

>Stop thinking you're some kind of intelligent overlord for thinking indie is terrible. Hip hop, aka hot shit and the sort, is just as bad, one-sided, unoriginal, bland and utterly pointless. Stop patting yourself on the back for having the music taste of a 18 year old inner city whore as opposed to a 14 year old suburban girl
Ftfy

hiphop has led to a huge influx of newfags that have listened to nothing but hiphop. This board is going down the shitter because of you faggots not lurking

>all the plebs itt ignoring this post

Start by posting some

This Sup Forums as a scapegaot for anything g you don't like on Sup Forums is even worse than Sup Forums itself

>the music taste of a 14 year old suburban girl

Is (a shitty attempt at an insult, and) MUCH more likely to be geared towards pop and hip-hop, not towards NMH/Arcade Fire/Vampire Weekend/Slint/MBV/GSYBE/etc.

if you don't like those bands then you just don't like indie rock. also you're a pleb

Any music that preaches to you when it gets deep is objectively terrible. That's why rap sucks,

OP here, it can easily go both ways, thanks for saving me making another thread. I fucking hate Hip-Hop but people who think they're holier-than-thou for disliking it tend to like the white suburban equivalent of Hip-Hop, which is just as fucking cliched and moronic

Also if you think someone who doesn't like hip-hop is just someone from Sup Forums, get fucked

>Stop thinking you're some kind of intelligent overlord for thinking hip-hop is terrible.

I feel the opposite. People probably think I'm lame because I don't listen to hip hop. Only reason I don't is because I feel averse to the moods being spun. I'm just not into the melancholy, purple haze of sadness, angry sobbing, etc. Not trying to criticize it on those merits; just saying it's not the frequency I tune into. I will, say, however, that the older, white hipster baristas, butchers, and chefs that live below me putting on this music are disingenuous about it. I think they're well aware of how sickly bourgeois they are so in playing that music they're saying "hey, I'm with it; I'm cool with black people", even though black people in my city couldn't afford a baguette from that place and would stick out like a sore thumb among all the rich professionals/bohemians.

>people still fall for this copypasta
rapfags really dont deserve having their genre called music

When the yarn unravels I won't be caught by surprise
And as societies fabric of orthodoxies dismantle I'll see you embracing the pentagram behind this crucifix disguise

I agree entirely OP

what if i hate everything but jazz? what then OP?