Universities are ONLY good for socializing, getting in debt, safe spaces, and being a slave for the rest of your life

Universities are ONLY good for socializing, getting in debt, safe spaces, and being a slave for the rest of your life.

Courses and books are free off the internet. If you can't socialize outside of university, you're never going to make it anyway. Don't follow the herd mentality.

>Educate yourself on the topics YOU want to learn
>WHEN you want to learn
>WITHOUT getting in debt

Are you a sheep, Sup Forums?

People can be responsible and not accumulated mountains of debt. Tbh a lot of student loans cry babies got themselves in that situation because they stubbornly wanted the dorm, to go out of state, and attend a private university to graduate in English or History with no plan forward

Do you agree with me OP?

how can you learn medicine or become a lawyer or something without Uni?

>socializing

Really?
All my friends are friends I made in high-school - and I also hardly know anyone who made new friends in college. Socializing is so heavily dominated by left-wing freaks that most people I know just went into their classes and immediately left ASAP but never really socialized much. Just go in, go home, repeat, make degree, sigh with relief.

This

They can be responsible, but they're not taking their lives fully into their own hands. Imagine a moderately successful engineer. He takes 5 years to complete a degree and gets $60k/yr, assuming he can network and present adequately. He works for someone else.

An independent thinking engineer could come up with his own project, develop his own skills to engineer it, and reap the profits and have a sense of ownership and accomplishment.

Most with degrees, even responsible people, are still ultimately employees and have been irresponsible in developing their potential. Universities are just not conductive to peoples' independent success anymore, and suck them dry of funds and time to use.

yea i should'ev taken this advice. I got a useless Polisci degree and now I work at overnight stock at target. Only 3/20 of the employees are white and the rest are illegals and blacks.

I have 40k in loans and the only way to pay them back is to join the military. Its funny because college is suppose to keep you from those kinds of options

My only disagreement would be that most jobs worth having require a certification of some kind

watch the movie "catch me if you can"

its based off a true story

>Socializing
gay as fuck

what the fuck kind of posting structure is this?

that took place in the 50's-80's

Can you tell me why you did this?

>I studied all of this very well in my free time, trust me

most companies don't want to take the risk

People need to create their own jobs. Does anybody here really want to begrudgingly enter a progressively more competitive rat race over the few jobs that are remaining?

You can learn much faster than the pace of a university course. You don't need the paper to employ yourself.

Own yourself AND your knowledge.

That kind of shit doesn't fly anymore

>herp derp sheep
You don't seem to understand the value of a guided education.

If you pick a reasonable school and a reasonable major (read: STEM), school is extremely valuable.

Very, very few people can actually teach themselves what the need to know for a technical career. Not to mention that a degree from a respected school is essentially a certificate which states that you're at least competent enough to breathe through your nose.

If you spend your time wisely, you also gain access to career fairs and other opportunities which are otherwise unavailable to the general public. Just being in the environment helps turn adolescents into adults, assuming you're not smoking and drinking your way though a safe space liberal arts school.

College is what you make it, but only if you're prepared and able to take advantage of the opportunity that it is.

so do you know someone who did this or have you had some success yourself?

Just trying something new

How else am I supposed to get credentials?

>durr hurr start ur own job work for urself hurp
Spoken like a true moron who probably wasn't accepted into even the shittiest of schools.

Creating your "own job" requires capital, knowledge, and experience. Even in the unlikely case that you are competent enough to teach yourself what you need to know, you're still not going to have the experience and capital to start off on your own.

That's why you start with the "rat race". You take entry level jobs to learn and grow and then take off on your own when you can.

Most people are stuck in the rat race because they are complacent, risk averse, and/or incompetent.

You sound as naive as a sheltered SJW.

inb4 op doesnt reply to this

>guided education
Rigid thinking.

>a degree from a respected school is essentially a certificate which states that you're at least competent enough to breathe through your nose.
4 years so you'll be CONSIDERED. Make your own products, and business. You'll learn MUCH more than your degree.

People can take advantage of what university has to offer, but at the end of the day, they're still in debt, have to work for somebody else, and by the time they have savings, they may have spent it on family, and will be unable to start their own business.

Well i've done my research on the stock market, made investments, and am developing an environmentally friendly, cheap washing powders. I'll admit i'm not very far into it, though i'm confident i'll learn a lot better this way.

>implying i had access to million dollar equipment to fuck around with and learn my trade

30k well spent, and paid off within 2 years of work

>Make your own products, and business. You'll learn MUCH more than your degree.

And what successful fortune 500 company have you started on your own with your self-taught skills?

>People can take advantage of what university has to offer, but at the end of the day, they're still in debt
Wow, it's like you don't understand that valuable things cost money.

Oh by the way, how do you plan on starting your magical business without debt? Debt from school is just as valid as debt for a startup.

>have to work for somebody else
Perhaps one day when you hit puberty, you'll understand the value of experience.

>and by the time they have savings, they may have spent it on family, and will be unable to start their own business.
Where do you plan on getting these savings if you're not working? Are you going to walk up to a group of investors with zero credentials and suck dick for startup cash?

>and am developing an environmentally friendly, cheap washing powders
With a guaranteed shallow knowledge of chemistry, if any, because you only learned what you thought you needed to learn. You're a glorified garage "engineer" and your product will suffer from your ignorance and inexperience.

>And what successful fortune 500 company have you started on your own with your self-taught skills?
Give me a few years, i'm only 22.

>Wow, it's like you don't understand that valuable things cost money. Oh by the way, how do you plan on starting your magical business without debt? Debt from school is just as valid as debt for a startup.
Yeah, and you can get valuable things for free. What's the internet, what's the library? I've got enough to start my business, and it requires next to nothing. I've already got the basic powder, I need to fragrance it and market it. I've also got funds I can pull from my stocks.

>Perhaps one day when you hit puberty, you'll understand the value of experience.
Yeah, i'm getting A LOT of it, by doing my own thing.

People owe it to themselves to figure shit out for themselves, competition is going up and wages are going down. There's not enough independent thinkers to create jobs. That's a big problem. People are geared up by schools and universities to be job seekers, NOT creators.

This. You can make more money than a physician or lawyer by selling drugs like coke to upscale customers

What about legal studies? To get admitted into the bar you have to have a bachellor of laws (at least in my country).

>fly
haha I get it

Maybe some people don't want to sell coke? Maybe some people are better suited to being lawyers and engineers?

I don't know about lawyers and doctors. They provide services, regulated by the government. It's worth looking into alternative paths though.

There are no alternative paths. To legally practice law in a common law country (Canada, USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand) you must be admitted to the bar. To be admitted to the bar you must complete a legal degree. Source: I am a law student.