Dude colors and synth lmao

>dude colors and synth lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8#t=42
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>DUDE MARVEL HAS CONDITIONED ME TO EXPECT NO STYLE OR PERSONALITY IN MOVIES LMAO

/thread

I was glad Real Human Bean survived.

youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8#t=42

>HE USES AUDIO AND VISUALS IN AN AUDIOVISUAL MEDIUM LMAO XDD

Yea, kys.

as long as it works

That's one of the films strong points.

>defending a shit film THIS hard
lol

>DUDE REPRESSED HOMOSEXUALITY LMAO
>DUDE I WISH I WAS COOL LMAO
>DUDE I WISH I WAS A GIRL LMAO
>DUDE FUCK STORY NEEDS MOAR NEON LIGHT LMAO
>DUDE SLOW ZOOM DOWN A HALLWAY FOR THE 20TH FUCKING TIME IS ART LMAO
>DUDE MAGIC TOWEL LMAO
>DUDE I THINK I'M LIKE RYAN GOSLING LMAO
"No."

>repressed
I don't think you know what that word means. He has straight up said he wants to fuck Goose

Oh god, imagine their combined autism in the bedroom

It would be glorious

someone post the webms from the doc about him

Down syndrome Chris Hardwick?

what movie are you referring to? Colorful visuals and a synth score have been in his last 3 movies

>dude colors and synth
Sounds like a good movie to blaze and watch. What you talking about op?

>NICOLAS WINDING REFN: I've always been very fascinated by images, maybe that's because I'm dyslexic and I didn't learn how to read until I was 13, so images became very much my understanding of story telling.

>JESSE THORN: You're also colorblind, right?

>NICOLAS WINDING REFN: Yes, I'm colorblind, I can't see mid-colors. That's why all my films are very contrasted, if it were anything else I couldn't see it.

>He has straight up said he wants to fuck Goose
When did this happen and how did Goose react?

This autist is rich and out making kino while you're posting on a Malaysian basket weaving BBS

I just finished watching this.

did I like it?

i fucking love Valhalla Rising.
yet somehow looks like a less drunken one as well. good eye

He tells Ryan that he loves him in almost every interview they do together
First time he met Ryan he burst into tears

15 minutes in and already know Refn was a mistake

flashing obnoxious lights in a club, wow, gg

on top of that I have to witness Elle Mao getting bullied

I swear to god if Refn is gonna somehow manage to hide the cowtits again I'm gonna freak

you thought it was a bit contrived but couldn't be bothered to put your finger on the weak points of this particular kino

what did she mean by this?

am I supposed to be entertained by this slowburn movie filled with assholes

oh nevermind elle just took her clothes off brb

so a beautiful girl wants to become a model in the predatorial big city and we don't get to see the beautiful girl's naked body?

this is bullshit

Supposedly the director's cut in a second longer, if rumors are true. That cut second involves some Elle skin.

Why the fuck did it start like 20 seconds into it?

I really like the
>PPEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww

intro

His normal face looks like he got Murphy Botted.

Because I saved it from the implying rigged page for Sup Forums's team. It's Real Human Bean's goal horn when he scores.

huehue okay that's acceptable

*from

fuck.

it was correct. double fuck. i should sleep.

It's okay user I forgive you, let's be friends

The ending shock was initially upsetting, but the last scene tied it all up and confirmed it's status as GOAT

Yay friends!

>If you don't like a shitty movie then you like another shitty movie

people that don't like Refn shouldn't be allowed on Sup Forums
It's the closest thing to board culture we had

>hey guys, can you write me a 30 minute short movie, I'm gonna fill it up with my slow synth shit and turn it into a feature length trainwreck lel

>DUDE, DAVID LYNCH KNOCKOFF, LMAO

>DUDE, DAVID LYNCH AND ALEJANDRO JODORROWSKY ARE LIKE, MY SPIRITUAL GURUS LMFAO

i unironically plan on doing this at some point in the future

I doubt that, I'm pretty sure she was underage during filming.

>DUDE YOU CAN'T DO GOOD CINEMATOGRAPHY WITHOUT INTRUSIVE, GARISH LIGHTING IN STRANGE COLOURS LMAO

Only God Forgives is the definition of mediocre. Only someone so far up their own ass who likes the smell and taste of shit could actually like this. People think this is a masterpiece. The people who respond to you on Sup Forums and call you a pleb are Only God Forgives fans. This has to be one of the most pathetic auteur circlejerks I've seen. Dedicated to Jodorowsky? He doesn't deserve vapid trash with his name slapped on it.

DuDE REFN HAS STYLE

Fuck off. Refn is all style no substance. Literally no personality. He's an autist.

nice meme opinions sir
have a free upboat

one hour twenty minutes in, there is nothing entertaining about this

except in this case he was right

>DUDE ALL SHOTS AND LIGHTING NEED TO PLEASE MY PERSONAL SENSIBILITIES LMAO

>refn is good
Kys plebs

this is my favorite movie of all time. when i lived in yosemite village i used to play it in front of my tent and have bbqs and then yell at people and make them leave when they talked over the movie

>memes dictate my life
really made me think

But Refn's recent films are just as brainless as Marvel. He has style, but it's all surface-level.

I don't hate him, I enjoy his movies for what they are, but he hasn't done anything genuinely interesting since "Bronson." He'd be better off making music videos and perfume commercials than feature films

You're the one getting defensive over the OP characterising's refn's one-note cinematography, kid.

No need to get butthurt, kid.

neon demon sure is pretty

like a music video

style is substance you dweeb
plot is literally for children

>look mom! im being retarded online again!

>Y-YOURE TOTALLY B-BUTTHURT

brainless as marvel, you think it's easy making fantastic action movies user? Look at the death of action movies the decade before marvel.

...he said, while smoking his pipe

Its Dean

plot is substance you dweeb
style is literally for children

I prefer Bean, but you do you, user.

>b-b-but if there's no macguffin to fight for how will i know when the film is over?

>He has style, but it's all surface-level.
What does this even mean?

i was upset at the inability to project myself onto one of the characters in a childish power-fantasy
what a terrible film

_______________________kiss now________________________________________

that's right kiddo

You can keep being butthurt if you want. I don't mind.

Based

Tbh I thought the film was amazing. Only issues I had was some cheap looking green screen effects (near the end when they are in the car). Beyond that, I thoroughly enjoyed the entire movie.

mfw I started fast forwarding through this awful shitflick and this bitch decides to piss herself on the floor

refn is done

I don't get how Refn being a very stylish director is a deterrent.
All right, let's suppose Refn is all style and no substance (I don't agree but whatever).
So you're saying is movies are very ahestetically pleasing. OK. Now take OGF. Looking at it trough those lenses is a very simple and plain revenge story but shot beautifully. How's that bad?
It's not like the story is convoluted or full of plot holes or incoherent. It's very easy and straight forward. Same thing for Drive. Or the Neon Demon.
Easy enough story with strong visuals.
Now, maybe you don't care for those stories, the visuals, the musics or the pacing and that's fine but you have to admit those are very personal opinion.
It doesn't mean he's a bad story teller or a hack director or whatever.

...okay

unironically rate this piece of a shit 1/10 because 0 isn't possible on imdb

Good.

The colors and synth were the best part of the movie though.

Isn't that kind of the point of his films? You literally just described his style and then said he has no style. I think you are out-thinking yourself.

oh fuck off. no one hates only god forgives. people that do just haven't taken the time to understand it. i saw it on here getting compared to 2001 a lot and i can see what people mean. refn is like a updated version of steven kubrick, hes like kubrick but better in some ways. kubrick has good shots like refn and has stories which you have to interpret like refn but refn tells his stories better i think. also refn gets to work with really good actors which kubrick wasn't lucky enough too. imagine clockwork orange with ryan gosling. wow. i think ogf is far better than 2001 from what i have seen because ogf deals with strong universal theme about higher powers and what it means to be human and stuff while 2001 was just about going to space. i bet kubrick would have loved to collaborate with refn and refn could have taught him some cool stuff like how to make his shots more impactful and emotional and techniques like symbolism and good use of music.

>The colors and synth were the best part of the movie though.
>the only good part of the movie

>no one hates only god forgives
haha fanboys are hilarious

>near the end when they are in the car
Nigga that's real. You're being thrown off by it being natural light while the rest of the movie is done with designed light.

Really? Damn it looked super green screen to me. Guess so.

I've seen 3 documentaries about Refn now and I'm 100% sure he has Aspergers. I see a lot of myself in him.

king of Sup Forums

48 minutes in. when does it start getting good?

>First time he met Ryan he burst into tears

This film actually got made because Ryan wanted to make it. He was given the director control of it (...) And I got a call asking if Ryan Gosling wanted to meet up would I do that, and I was like, sure. I’d never met him.

So I went to Ryan’s restaurant in LA and I had a stiff neck so I couldn’t look at him, so I sat down and I couldn’t move so I was like Frankenstein – and we tried to have a conversation. It was like a blind date – very awkward – because you sit down with an actor and you’re really supposed to get it going and you go make the movie together and you come up with some cool idea. (...) There was simply no connection between us.

So halfway through this dinner I said, could you please take me home, and Ryan was like, “What?” And I said, I don’t drive. He goes, “You can’t get a cab?” And I was so out of it that just the idea of having to get up and get a cab, I was like, uhhh. So he was like, sure, I’ll drive you. So we had to go to Santa Monica and it was quite a long ride. We were sitting in the car and it was pure silence between us, and Ryan turns on the radio, and it was soft rock. And on this station, REO Speedwagon starts singing, “I Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore,” and I start to cry.

I start to cry, and tears are falling down my cheeks, and Ryan’s driving the car thinking "how the fuck do I get him out of my car?" And then I start singing the song. It’s like foreplay, and I’m really getting into it, and I slap my knee and for the first time I turn to Ryan in the car and I look at him. I scream in his face because the music is so loud, and I say, “I got it! I got it.” He says, “What?” I say, “I know what Drive is. Its about a man who drives around at night listening to pop music, and that’s his emotional relief.” And he said, “We’re doing it.”

look at her ears, her head is tilted

wtf was the point of that scene? it went on for like 5 minutes

how is this guy colorblind irl?

It's kind of obvious, isn't it?

If someone is colorblind it doesn't mean he literally sees black and white, it's mostly a portion of the spectrum that is fucked up

That's why his colors are so over the top, he basically makes movies just for his view kek

>style is substance

What are plebs?

>And I said, I don’t drive

>I can't understand/I don't like this film and therefore people that praise it are idiots.
...sure, whatever you say.

Christ
I knew the oreo speedwagon part, but I never knew about the conversation where Ryan asks why he can't get a cab
Fuck, this story gets better and better the more I learn about it

more like king of Sup Forums