What's your opinion on method acting?

what's your opinion on method acting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GJ7C9fSYgtY
shortlist.com/entertainment/films/jared-leto-separating-the-man-from-the-madness#art
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MOM'S

>shit that never happened

Seriously, Leto and Smith never met.

I don't think it's worth it.If you can't do it right then you'll look like a tryhard loser who lost his/her months for absolute nothing.And if you're already a talented actor then you don't have to be the character itself all the time.

Except they literally did

This didn't happen but there is more than one interview with Will talking about Leto

kinda seems like every actor has their way of getting into character, they're just doing their jobs.

why people focus on it so much like it's some sort of lost art is beyond me

Sup Forums is pretending they're too autistic to know that the whole thing is just a marketing stunt. it's hilariously ridiculous nonetheless.

He's talking about "The Joker," not Leto. Completely different people.

No I'm not, fucktard.

Leto wasn't truly method acting, though. He was method acting in the sense that he sent dumb gifts to his costars (or more likely, his management made him to that for PR). However, he was still out of character whenever he wasn't doing those things. When he was off set he was just himself and hanging out with his friends and stuff.

He even says it here.

youtube.com/watch?v=GJ7C9fSYgtY

No fucking way he did that.

What commitment. Wow.

Doesn't make up for a lack of fundamental theatrical acting skills

>The press has been full of stories about all those weird gifts he’s been sending his castmates, and how he never broke character on set, so I ask him if he knows that old actor’s story about Laurence Olivier and Dustin Hoffman on the set of Marathon Man, where Hoffman has gone full ‘method’ and Olivier turns to him and says...

>“Why don’t you just act?” says Leto, finishing the story. He nods, then says: “I don’t use the term ‘method’. I think it’s kind of a polluted word. What I do is just try to focus and commit as much as possible so that I can do the story, the film, the character and everybody else justice. That’s it.”

shortlist.com/entertainment/films/jared-leto-separating-the-man-from-the-madness#art

if was ledger the one who say something like that i would take it as a joke, but being Leto a edgefag i really can believe he does something as retarded as that

Will Smith bought it too. because he's stupid.

>Theatrical
>Acting
>Skill

Ledger was the ultimate edgelord, please. A dumb one too because he did drugs with the Olsens.

the difference is that Ledger was actually a well thought joker that have some kind of determination to create chaos

Leto is bland and shallow, it is the Romero's joker with a touch of 16 teen internet feel to it

>the difference is that Ledger was actually a well thought joker that have some kind of determination to create chaos
The Joker doesn't have any reason to create chaos, therefore that was a Nolan original character.

That are you talking about? the joker is a character who always make chaos, maybe in some comics for break the will and morality of batman in other just to make a very twisted joke who only a very sick deranged maniac can understand..

the joker is all about create discordia and anarchy...He's the nemesis of everything batman represents: order, justice, morality, etc...

i reasly dont understand this argument about the Nolan's joker being not a real joker... Leto's joker looks more like a false joker to me... he looks like a low class mafia boss with a obbssesion with the joker.. everything about that character is forced

The equivalent of musicians taking drugs and writing songs; you have to have some semblance of talent prior to it.

Your only exposure to the Joker is TDK.

he's good tbqh, it's just the writing sucked

Arkham Asylum: Madness

Gotham Central

Arkham Asylum: A Serious Place on Serious Earth

The Killing Joke

seriously it's not so hard to find a chaotic, crazy or anarchist joker in comics

>hace todo esto y él sigue siendo el peor de los casos comodín
acaba de coger mi mierda familia

STUPID & BEYOND

This

Why aren't the olsons arrested?!

>Romero's joker with a touch of 16 teen internet feel to it

that's being kind

Jared Leto is susch a fucking faggot I'm so happy he got BTFO

THE

>D A M A G E D

You can talk about someone you never met. You are right now.

Because they're powerful bridge trolls.

T W I S T E D F I R E S T A R T E R