Newfag here, why's this shit so highly regarded around here? It's like 8/10 at best

newfag here, why's this shit so highly regarded around here? It's like 8/10 at best.

That's why you are a newfag. Listen to it more. After the 5th play through it was (and still is) my favourite album ever.

This album is regarded as a meme here. Listen to albums you actually like.

>you don't have the same opinion as every other Sup Forumstant. get out
>"why is Sup Forums so shitty?

because it is a potato

where did that user say "get out"? he just said to listen to the album more.

Most people don't think this way

Just because it's a meme doesn't make it bad. Unfortunately the album's meme status has made people take it less seriously when it's still a fantastic and heartbreaking album.

Sup Forums core isn't actually "this album is a 10/10 you have to be a retard to think otherwise" it's way more "the vast majority of users see this album as good and at least 8/10"

Keep lurking before you spout opinions this uniformed basically

This album is a 6/10 at best. Only for P4k pasty whites. Extremely overrated.

uninformed*

I thought it was some kind of important classic psychedelic folk genre building and that's why it was so fondly regarded, but after I learned it was from 1998 it kind of lost me. It's good, but I can't consider it one of the best albums I've ever heard.

If you don't consider ITAOTS one of the greatest successes in music you can blow off your head with a fucking shotgun, not even joking.

>It's like 8/10 at best
That's uhh, that's really good? How inflated is your rating system my dude?

It's a 10/10 at worst.

5 play throughs isn't even that many, I've listened to some shitty music that many times. Chiefly Lulu because I thought I was missing something when in reality I just couldn't comprehend how such talent can produce something so so bad.

No. Mucore is about albums consistently discussed for years and this compiled into a chart for newfags. It has nothing to do with this is the best or not. These albums are simply the most discussed.

(you)

I never said it was bad, was just explaining to OP why its 'highly' regarded.

I didn't even rate it at an 8/10 on my first listen and it is now one of the best albums I've ever heard.

It really comes down to your personal taste (kind of a no brainer) but at the end of the day it is regarded so highly because it really deserves it. Real recognizes real. Even if you hate his voice or you can't stand how lo-fi it is you can't argue that it isn't sincere.

Regardless the treatment is to just keep listening to it. Ditch the meme-mentality and just listen to the album for what it is and hopefully you can find what makes this one album so special.

Why would Sup Forums spend time discussing albums that weren't worth discussing?

The mere fact that certain albums are mucore speaks to their credibility.

Dingus

Meat Puppets II is really good.

What are you talking about? Where did I say they weren't worth discussing?

I'm a retard. That was supposed to be posted in the "was grunge just a fad" thread.

I'm saying the fact that they are the most discussed is because of how good they are. Why would Sup Forums consistently discuss subpar albums?

Art Angels? K-pop? Pink Guy? Any meme album? Theses are shit but discussed as waifu/memes not for the music

But that's besides the point. The point is it doesn't matter if you think x is not as good as y because mucore is more relevant to board culture

We all make mistakes friendo, just delete it and move on.

Mucore is a jumping off point. Its an introduction for newfags to get their grounding and explore new styles of music. It was created and stickied so that we don't have to spend every day telling someone to go listen to the same albums. It's not meant to appease everyone.

That's what I'm saying senpai

Guess we on the same page lmao

>Implying being a meme makes it inherently bad

Fucking retard

Gave this a listen recently after years and it still holds up for me.

Same

It's lower than that

Congradulations on having better taste than most of Sup Forums I suppose.