Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums

What is the best form of food and why is it Memphis style barbecue?

Other urls found in this thread:

eater.com/2015/11/9/9695648/austin-tasting-menu-la-barbecue-video
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because op is beast level subhuman

BestI pizza
>bbq
>chicken
>bacon
>jalapenos
>black olives
>pineapple

>Memphis style

Best be joking nigger

>things from the South
>being valuable in any way
YLYL thread?

eater.com/2015/11/9/9695648/austin-tasting-menu-la-barbecue-video

that isn't even the best barbecue. the carolinas have the best barbecue easily.

>best form of food
>chooses a state in america

have you even left the usa, dude?

top 5, starting from the best

>Italian
>French
>Japanese
>Indian
>Thai

>Heavy use of pulled pork
>best

Pic one

I mean, it's good, but that's not even the best kind of barbecue IMO.

If I had to choose the best "form" of food, whatever that means, I'd go with Italian pizza/pasta or Japanese sushi.

see

There is nothing in eurofag land that can even hold a candle to the sheer amount of taste in every bite of American style barbecue.

Bradley is that you?

>Japanese sushi.

How the hell did Sushi become considered good. It's seriously some of the most disgusting food ever.

I'm an American, first of all. And I've probably traveled a lot more than you have, both in the US and abroad. If you think BBQ is the best food on the planet, you've probably never even left your state.

>There is nothing in eurofag land that can even hold a candle to the sheer amount of taste in every bite of American style barbecue.

How about a bite of:

>O-toro sushi in Osaka, Japan
>Pizza Margherita in Acquaviva Delle Fonti, Italy
>Filet Mignon of New Zealand beef cooked in Las Vegas, Nevada

Those are probably the three best bites of food that come to memory that I've ever had in my life. I've had BBQ in Memphis, and in Texas. Texas was better, but neither comes close to some of the dishes I've had before.

You have excellent taste user!
I miss Garibaldi's bbq pizza...

If you think sushi is disgusting you automatically forfeit your right to even talk about food, let alone judge it.

Wait, Memphis-style is pork.
Why is your picture of a brisket?

If you think sushi is good your opinion is automatically discarded.

You really need to try Kobe sashimi. Your life will be changed.

>>Pizza Margherita
Sauce and cheese. Wow, it's fucking nothing.
t. had it in Italy too, name-dropper

Taste-wise? Any food that gives me red hot diarrhea.
Unfortunately, can't eat redmeat though. So seafood is first on my list.

It's not, it's revolting.

There's a scene in the american psycho book where Patrick Bateman covers a urinal puck in chocolate, says it godiva, feeds it to a model who proceeds to rant on about how good it is because she was told it was godiva.

This is why people like sushi, because it's considered cool and they were told to like it.

memphis, kansas... niggers both

Texas is only BBQ

Most people on the planet would disagree with you.

I've had wagyu sushi before, but not in Japan. It was fucking delicious, though.

>Sauce and cheese
>Fucking nothing

It's not how intricate the dishes are, it's the quality of the ingredients. Southern Italy will always be number one in my opinion because of how fertile and agricultural the land is, and how fucking delicious even raw plants are over there. It's incredible how different things can taste.

I was at a restaurant in Bari, Italy once, and the waiter put out a plate of honeydew melon before our main course. It was sweet and delicious, but then I was informed that it was actually just a cucumber. A fucking raw tomato in Italy is probably better than any pizza you could have in NY or Chicago.

Eastern Carolina style or nothing.

a good med-rare steak can't be beat.

I wasn't "told" to like it. In fact, some sushi, sea urchin, for example, I thought disgusting. Until I came to Japan and had the proper, fresh stuff, which turned out to be delicious.

Back to your tendies, boy.

You sound like a 12 year old who only eats chicken tendies and french fries.

Just because you're picky and have a shit taste in food, doesn't mean everyone else is just pretending to like things you don't like.

Bitch, you've obviously never been to texas.

>A fucking raw tomato in Italy is probably better than any pizza you could have in NY or Chicago.

I grew up on a farm, pleb, so vine-ripened vegetables and fruit are not a novelty to me. Focaccia, fresh from the oven, drizzled in extra virgin olive oil blows the barn doors off S.M. pizza.

You sound like one of them fancy lads.

>Southern Italy will always be number one in my opinion because of how fertile and agricultural the land is,

Southern Italy is a polluted shit hole. You're either lying or doing a full hipster "Lulz it r european, it r automatically better." mock up.

That shit looks like something from DOOM. How do you carnivores not throw it up immediately?

You forgot these.

>stop liking things i dont like!

fckn fgt

Maybe Chicago, but I've had some amazing fucking pizza in NY.

Next you're going to be telling me you can tell the difference between top and bottom shelf.

Chinese, dude. Are you drinking?

New York style, where you fold it in half to fit it in your mouth, and the grease runs down your arm? Awww yeah.

>Not an omnivore
>Commenting in a food thread
Go back to your hummus Raul

This is actual, genuine autism at work here. He personally does not find something appealing -- primarily because it was not introduced into his experience within the first few, formative years of his life -- and so he simply cannot understand that other people have differing tastes. The only possible explanation to his broken mind is that everyone is just pretending. This simultaneously allows him to resolve the logical conflict while making him feel superior to "those sheeple".

Autism, user, Nintendo-Seal-Of-Quality-grade autism.

I agree user. Sushi if I'm on a deserted island and starving but otherwise I'm not touching it. Too much other great food to choose from.

>Focaccia, fresh from the oven, drizzled in extra virgin olive oil blows the barn doors off S.M. pizza

I don't know what "S.M" is, but yea. I've had plenty of fresh focaccia in Italy as well. 2 of my friends actually own Panificios in Bari and another friend's dad owns one as well. What's your point? I just sound fancy?

>Southern Italy is a polluted shit hole
Have you been there? Because I lived there for 4+ years and it's pretty nice. You seem to be implying quite a bit about a place you've probably never even been to before.

I'm 20 and chicken tenders and fries are my go-to when available at restaurants, unless i see something else i like

stop worrying about what i eat, faggot

It is the only true way.

>I've had wagyu sushi before, but not in Japan.

I had it at Umi in Atlanta on one of my food trips. It's one of the few places in the US that imports Kobe beef.
When it came as a course, it was nigiri. I was confused and thought they may have added something, so I ordered it sashimi. They weren't cheating.

Those are hush puppies, right? Damn, I thought they were Loukoumades. Food of the Gods.

No, I would not.

But a fucking robot could tell the difference between good, fresh uni and bad.

Good uni has a creamy, savoury, mild, slightly sweet and complex flavour, whereas bad uni tastes like... you ever drive through a cow pasture where the stink of manure is so strong you can literally taste it in the back of your throat? Yeah, it tastes like that.

And the fucked thing is, it goes from one to the other in just a day or two. Some amazingly tasty foods just need to be enjoyed as fresh as possible.

Yes, and just because you can't, doesn't mean that we can't. It just means you have a shitty palette.

American Chinese food is good, but Chinese food in China isn't that great TBH. Maybe it's just my personal taste, or I had bad luck choosing restaurants. It wasn't bad, but I actually prefer American Chinese food, which isn't anywhere near my top 5.

kek

donuts are the food of the gods????

go back to your basement fatty

>I don't know what "S.M" is
We were talking about Santa Margherita pizza, try to keep up.
>What's your point? I just sound fancy?
You go on about Italian ingredients like the world's greatest tomato would make S.M. pizza more than just paste and cheese. Get over it. You're a weeaboo and Italophile.

I have to admit I have a thing for American-style Chinese, but good luck getting that in Japan. The Japanese (or genuine Chinese)-style food is good, but rather different. Probably a great deal healthier, though.

I actually made my chicken balls a few times and they turned out quite well. My "red sauce" was dead-on, and the stuff is basically just simple syrup and ketchup.

>it goes from one to the other in just a day or two

I live in a tourist town in FL. They sushi places don't get uni that often. I phone in a week ahead of time so they can order some. I show up with the wife and a few friends and have our monthly uni fest.

Donuts?!? You dare call them donuts???
>go back to your basement fatty
I'm 6'1", 168 lb. Fite me.

Got to agree, let's not compare a novel to reality.
Taste is subjective and mine would piss off most any American (I am one BTW).

>Chinese food in China isn't that great

I've only eaten in Hong Kong on the companies dime. Best Szechuan ever. But American Chinese is almost like a comfort food for me.

You've nailed it... thank you.

DFAC omelette

Those of you that have never served will never know this joy, especially with the hash brown patties.

>mine would piss off most any American
Nobody would be pissed off if you put ketchup on your steak--oh wait, some people would. I just don't like people who say "If you don't like X then you're Y."

I like Tabasco on my scrambled eggs.

>Santa Margherita
No, "we're" not. I'm the one you've been talking to this whole time. "Margherita" literally just means "daisy". Margherita pizza, anywhere in Italy, is just a cheese pizza, sometimes with fresh basil on top. You seem to be just googling words to seem like you know what you're talking about. I lived there, buddy, you need to keep up.

The greatest tomato in the world wouldn't make it more than just "paste and cheese", it would, however make that particular "paste and cheese" better than any other "paste and cheese". That's what good ingredients do when you mix them with other good ingredients. Do you understand how food works, now?

Hush puppies are awesome. Us southerners are picky about them and I've been eating them since childhood. Along with the pulled pork BBQ.

>I like Tabasco on my scrambled eggs.

Keep it simple. Keep it good.

said no one ever

How TF else do you eat something as tasteless as scrambled eggs? Thought this was common knowledge.

What kind of crack are you smoking. The chow hall omelette is god tier.

I'm chinese but i've never ate americanized chinese food. I guess it's like chinese food but frozen and reheated ?

stop being gatekeepers and explain these bbq styles

Memphis and Kansas City and Texas BBQ all look good to me. But whats the difference?

I demand an edumacation!

Yes, I'm American (originally from NYC and now from NJ). I love BBQ of any sort, and from anywhere, as long as it is properly done. Here in the Garden State I grow serious chili peppers... why hasn't anyone even mentioned Korean BBQ?

>I lived there, buddy, you need to keep up.
Imblying I didn't order it when I was vacationing there. Imblying that the word "poopek" meaning bellybutton in Czech has any relevance to the discussion. It's a very simple dish, and you've blown it out of all proportion because of "muh ingredients".

Are you first generation, by any chance?

No, rather a LOT more sugar, fat, and far fewer vegetables. It can be good from time to time, but it's basically junk food.

I grew up in the northeast. Used to use *ketchup*.

You're cool... you're on your way to chili happiness.

>I guess it's like chinese food but frozen and reheated ?

Not really. Less MSG, more sugar, gentler spices.
Try some General Tso's Chicken. It was actually created in NYC by a Taiwanese chef to target the American palette.

lol. that mixed up 2 egg, flat, overcooked thing with some chopped up veggies and dry, dusty bag cheese on it then folded over?

>stop being gatekeepers and explain these bbq styles
>Memphis and Kansas City and Texas BBQ all look good to me. But whats the difference?
>I demand an edumacation!

Memphis = Sweet and Spicy

Kansas = Sweet and thick (brown sugar in sauce)

Texas = mainly dry rubs or spicy (beaner style hot).

>Korean BBQ
Honestly? I find the sides every bit as interesting. Dem pickled radishses n' shit. Kimchee. Mmm.

>American Breakfast
>Italian Lunch
>Japanese Dinner

This would be my routine every day if I could.

Some eggs, sunny-side up with some toast and tabasco sauce. Some Bacon and sausage. And a couple buttermilk pancakes.
Then some carpaccio with lemon. Pasta Bolognese. Mussels in tomato sauce and a nice slice of pizza.
Finish the day off with some sushi, fried rice, tempura and a hot bowl of pork ramen.

Fuck, my dick is hard, now.

St.Louis is better, Sauce on the side ftw

Shit too much sugar ruins the taste. But still if i get to go the great US and A first thing first is BBQ at every state. I still got other food in my list which includes the kraut space wurst magic.

>You're on your way to chili happiness.

As long as it's Texas chili. Hard to get where I live. Gonna have to man up and make some myself.

Texas style nigga

>general tso

Noted.

Rare roasted partridge breast in raspberry coulis with a sorrel timbale

>>Italian Lunch
I want my bento.

Looks like Franklin's. It's on my to-do list.

Is that okra I see? Is it pickled, or what.

I can get behind this.

that looks delicious op

Oh, sweet, merciful fuck, yes, please!

>Franklin's
Uh, Austin? Asking for a friend.

>animal protein
>dairy
Sure feels good to have science on my side. Enjoy your atherosclerosis, pseudo carnivores.
>inb4 butt hurt fat boys attack a confident, 180 lb, physically fit and muscular, attractive poster.

Quiet, pizza boy.

i like greasy foods

This is a chick's restaurant.

>Imblying I didn't order it when I was vacationing there
There are a lot of restaurants in Italy, buddy. Some of them suck, especially in the shit tourist areas you probably went to.

>Imblying that the word "poopek" meaning bellybutton in Czech has any relevance to the discussion
You're talking about a specific type of pizza no one's ever heard of because I mentioned a word you clearly didn't understand. You obviously googled it, and pretended like you knew what you were talking about, yet you googled the wrong thing. I'm just pointing that out, and you look like an idiot.

>It's a very simple dish, and you've blown it out of all proportion because of "muh ingredients".
So ingredients aren't the most important thing, then? Funny, I thought that's what the entire dish is made of. Ingredients, right? Papa John said it himself: Better ingredients, better pizza. That's how food works, user. Better ingredients, better food.

>Are you first generation, by any chance?
Dad was born there, mom wasn't, but her parents were. I was born in the US, but we moved back to italy when I was young, then I moved back to America. I don't know what that makes me, but I don't see how it's relevant.

>Austin?

Yep. I've heard nothing but rave reviews for that place.

Pic and time stamp faggot.

thanks

so Texas style is just dry rubs and they don't sauce it up? Interesting

It all sounds good to me but I bet my favorite of them is Kansas City. I love spicy foods but when I think of bbq I usually think of thick and sweet. I'm also from Nebraska so I have a regional bias.

>Better ingredients, better pizza.

Too bad it doesn't work for Papa John.