Whats the best The Smashing Pumpkins album Sup Forums?

Whats the best The Smashing Pumpkins album Sup Forums?

Also whats your favorite song?

General Smashing Pumpkins thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0
youtube.com/watch?v=4rQL_pkuuBw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic2dcp0wddw
youtube.com/watch?v=63PHHLiwai8
youtube.com/watch?v=VKYY8DxVZHE
youtu.be/AiwkkVvZiUk
youtube.com/watch?v=xJqcE4Ju5ig
youtube.com/watch?v=EWkxkr8Jh38
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's oddly specific

Siamese dream is their best work.
>Luna

youtube.com/watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0
Best song

siamese dream. no one could pic just one song.

geek usa is as good as any other

I have to also go with siamese dream, then mellon collie. that being the case, machina has to amazing songs "this time" and "stand inside your love". the other stuff is meh. Oceania is decent, just nothing really stands out.

Go away Billy Corgan...

Fucking hell.

I did that entire 10 by myself and one of you assholes had to fuck it off

Kill yourself faggot

Actually just off yourself

No one needs your sorry excuse for a person in this world

Just fucking kill your self

Jump off a building and smash right into the fucking ground

You worthless piece of shit

Your an absolute disgrace to the entire human race

I hope you fucking kill yourself faggot

Fuck you

Faggot

Kill yourself

Melloncollie is my favorite. My favorite tracks are Lily and thirty three because im a basicfag

Pisces
Early is better

I like By Starlight.

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is filled good shit.

Can't go wrong with Mayonaise either.

I liked Beginning is the End is the Beginning back when it was on the Batman and Robin soundtrack, before it was mainstreamed by that trailer for Watchmen. That's been my favorite SP song for 20 years.

>the other stuff is meh
Someone's letting their Basic Top 40 status show. Clearly you never listened to Gish. Even Pisces Iscariot had some real quality stuff on it.

bsides dont count

as a former fan, they have made a ton of trash

perfect is my favorite song

>gish

rhinoceros

youtube.com/watch?v=4rQL_pkuuBw

I still like Gish the best desu

This song is great. My second favorite.

it's Mellon Collie

Beautiful off that album is sublime. In fact, the final 5 are pretty much the reason i listen to that one. Maybe I like Lily best

All in all Billy is a genius, the likes of which we might not see again

I like Gish a lot.

Best album, Mellon Collie

Song: 1979

Their best album is a tie between Mellon collie and Siamese dream.
In no particular order
>cherub rock
>rocket
>Luna
>mayonnaise
>disarm
>33
>tonight tonight
>Galapagos
But I'm a fag and like their softer, acoustic stuff more

Siamese dream.

Siamese Dream and I'd have to pick Mayonaise just because that song has movements and uses loads of dynamics.

Plus that huge over saturated fuzz/distortion tone on that album are eargasm educing, fuck cum buckets every time.

I like rocket.

use to listen to them a lot, Here is No Why is probably my favorite

Fuck off Jordan.

i meant the other stuff on machina. pisces iscariot is decent. havent listened to gish except the song rhinocerous..

I came to post this.

c

Album -
Mellon Collie

Song-
If it's a summer night -1979
All other times -Zero

Rare that we get a Smashing Pumpkins thread, so I'll bite.
Their best Album is Mellon Collie, but my favourite has to be Siamese Dream.

Been listening to Siamese since my Dad bought the tape in 1993, been "into" Smahing Pumpkins since Adore came out in 1998 (was aware of them before but waslike 8 when Siamese dropped, so a little bit too young to be buying albums.

I have all of the Albums and singles on Vynl, including Siamese Singles (not the coloured vynl version sadly) and have alot of Test prints.

ok so whats the worst pumpkins album?

Con't
I don't want to give a favourite song, but if you put a gun to my head, it would have to be Mayonnaise, it just symbolises everything that makes Siamese Dream great. I just love everything about that album, have listened to it many thousands of times and it always feels like home.

I went to see them in Glasgow in 2000 @ SECC (farewell tour).
Went to see them again in Glasgow twice, one at the Carling, then at SECC again, can't remember the years.
Never got to see D'Arcy.

As far as I'm concerned there are only 4 Pumpkins, hat's off to Billy Corgan and all, but what he's doing now is not Pumpkins, it's just an extended solo project (yes I know he did all of the writing and guitar on siamese, but those four Folks ARE the Pumpkins)

youtube.com/watch?v=Ic2dcp0wddw
youtube.com/watch?v=63PHHLiwai8

Probably Monuments to an Elegy

I used to wear my Smashing Pumpkins Hoodie EVERY DAY in school without fail.
One day Mrs McRae in Physics asked another kid to remove their Papa Roach Hoodie, but I was allowed to keep wearing my Pumpkins Hoodie.
I think she knew I wouldn't have taken it off
I became known as "That Smashing Pumpkins Kid".

When I listen to Siamese, it still sounds as fresh as it ever did. It gives me good vibes and makes me happy.

Worst Album imo is Machina, now please understand, I do not count anything that comes after machina 2 as Pumpkins, so I am sure if I did it would be Zietgiest or whatever, I don't listen to that stuff tho.

Sorry, this is also COn't of and Con't.
I would say that I also love Adore, listened to that Album doing my paper round before School when it came out.

The Aeroplane Flies High is also a highlight.
I had to save up my paper round money for six weeks to afford buying it (was £50).

one favorite song is hard to pin down since it changes depending on the mood... but in general i like:
cherub rock
rhinoceros
drown
and maybe mayonaise

COnt.
Used to go to all the Record stores in and around Edinburgh and Glasgow looking for SP Vynl.
Went to Avalanche EVERY WEEK without fail on Cockburn st in Edinburgh for years untill EVENTUALLY they had Mellon COllie numbered Vynl for £75.
Snapped it up in a second.

Melon Collie is their best album.

Drown is their best song. But the full 8 minute version of Drown from the Singles soundtrack, not the shitty edited version that's on the greatest hits.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKYY8DxVZHE

that goofy ass face though

"Bury your heart in a hole" is one of my favourite Pumpking Lyrics

I fucking love siamese dream. Quiet is my favorite song off there

Whoops, wrong song.
I'm confirmed retarded

I dont think ive ever heard anyone else mention that as their favorite song from S.D.

... damn it
Ok .... bye
[foot steps fade]
Say fellas what do you think of this band?

theres one set of lyrics that just speaks to me

"So far, I still know who you are, but now I wonder who I was"

Ever heard this?
youtu.be/AiwkkVvZiUk

OP here, this degenerate is trying to pollute our glorious pumpkins thread

"My boredom has outshone the sun" always gets me

youtube.com/watch?v=xJqcE4Ju5ig

Thank you for that!
Never knew this version existed.

Funny I just listened to Bullets with Butterfly Wings. ... That album is better than Melancholy

We doing favorite lyrics now?
>tomorrows just an excuse away

Pretty surprised to see people like Mayonnaise as well...maybe one of the most underrated songs of the 90s because to really get it you need to listen to it carefully a few times. In some ways it's the heaviest song on that record. It gets under your skin and then the volume gets cranked the fuck up

Nah ive never heard the bbc sessions. The reverb is a nice touch

What's the best the battle of the planet of the planet of the apes, apes.

Got into them when I was 10. Back in those days music felt like hard drugs. I still remember a night I spent with my walkman in bed listening to Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. I just felt so high. The world was vast and weird and full of deep mysteries.

My Life has been Extraordinary, Blessed and Cursed and Won

Hummer is the best song on Siamese dream. Definitely liked a few on Mellon Collie like stumbeliene or ruby.

YES

I was 15 when Melon Collie came out, also listened to the whole thing just before sleeping with headphones. People don't really listen to music like this anymore. It's always part of multi-tasking. Their early albums were designed to be LISTENED to. Not just as background music.

nigger

I was in Japan a month back and I was to meet and get a tour around Tokyo with this big time business man who is like the head of development for a certain state in the U.S. So over the course of the day I find out that hes a huge Pumpkins fan like me, so later on that night we went to karaoke and he picked a pumpkins song, I nearly spit out my drink when I heard him sing because he sounds IDENTICAL to Billy.

the best albums were the ones where Jimmy Chamberlin played in. Zwan was awesome because of the drums and not Billy's faggot lyrics

i like siamese dream
favorite song would be cherub rock or geek USA

sounds like the version from Earphoria

Wouldve been a billion times better if corganfag had a real singer.

I like Siamese Dream the best, my favorite song being Cherub Rock

Smells like teen spirit

youtube.com/watch?v=EWkxkr8Jh38

probably going to catch hell for this, but i loved Machina I, i have all their albums, and i love them all, but theres something about the maturity of Machina, the whole album, that i love.

Kys

bait?

Set the Ray to Jerry is their best song

how is Lily basic?

Machina is fave album.

Fave song is tough between Perfect and Stand Inside Your Love

Acoustic version of Wound is A+ too, listen if you haven't heard

Machina 1 that is, and whole album isn't perfect, but I loved how much they branched even if every song didn't click.

Also forgot Try Try Try is also tie for top song fuck that's a good song.

No surprise. It's a fucking good song.