Tricks/methods for coming up with band names? I'm at a loss Sup Forums

tricks/methods for coming up with band names? I'm at a loss Sup Forums

do a wordplay with the name of a 50's/60's dead musician, like the brian jonestown massacre.

Free Beer
Ladies Night

Etc.

thinking about going with "ferrous". whatchy'all think?

what genre you lookin to make?

read books

And More...

That way you will always be on the venue lists :^)

don't do that

HIGH PRIORITY: memorable, not already taken

MEDIUM PRIORITY: evocative of the music you make

AVOID: cliches (unless you are subverting them in ways you are very sure are clever), basically anything you think you might regret in 10 years

T.B.A.

Trite Band Acronym

pull out a dictionary, turn to a random page, pick a random word, repeat as many times as needed, done

Anal _____

experimental rock...? the music borrows from many genres but it's centered around jazz guitar, pop vocals and a lot of sampling

_______ Chrysanthemum

I do sometimes, why would this help though?

yeah idk. it's not taken but I wonder if that's for good reason

good tip

I've been doing this but for some reason nothing sticks. maybe I'm being too picky

mmmm, smells like Anal Chrysanthemum

The Snazz

the Speed Bumps

Potatoato

But in all seriosness just find 2 or 3 words that feel nice next to eachother, like Bartholomew Fulp Fleischer, or syncronized seagul sensation????????????????

I prefer short names like Rush, Yes, DEVO, Wire. I feel like they are unique, even being only one word.

I just took the names of two different birds and put them together. Maybe you could try something similar, you just have to make it roll off the tongue. Like if you wanted to do the same with fish you could do "Pike Pallock" of something

[country] [colour] [chemical element] [animal]

[flower]*

if you have nicknames use them for your band names or use your hometown name combined with random words

ringo deathstarr
elvis depressedly

try something a bit lighthearted
think 'Peaches' and 'Cap'n Jazz', not 'The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die'

if it's experimental rock call the band theoretical lithologies. Geophysicist here.