What the fuck are these songs even about

what the fuck are these songs even about

beetles and eggs

>caring about lyrics
Literally the least important part of an album, only plebs fucking care about lyrics

Cherries

the same stuff most songs are about - love and related topics
the lyrics are pretty good despite being buried at the bottom in the mixing and being slapped with 100 layers of reverb

t. illiterate brainlet

t. turbopleb with a superiority complex

IIRC a lot of them are about her baby

he's right in this case. it's like asking what a sigur ros album is about.

im of the opinion of if an album's primary draw is specifically it's lyrics, it's a mediocre album at best. IT would require some incredibly raw or philosophical songwriting to change that

opiate buzzes and digital effects boxes ?

i dont know OP i gave their discography a good try and didnt get it either

I like the music a lot, I'm just mildly aggravated by how the lyrics come up just short of being evocative.

her kid and robin are a lot of it

I think it depends on the genre, for instance Bob Dylan's word-play is just as important as the folk standard he's singing over in his early work.

The lyrical content of the vocals here however are simply not supposed to be what your ear is focused on.

Folk typically tends to be my exception to the rule, usually because the writing takes it a keenly poetic edge, but you're right, it does depend on genre, but as a general rule of thumb I worry about the lyrics when listening to an album last, unless it's clear they're an important aspect

lazy days and blues and bells and bills and aches and pains

iceblinks

again I ask, why does Sup Forums suddenly have an interest in Cocteau Twins? for years they were mentioned once in a blue moon. now I see 4-5 mentions per day.

THOSE QUADS MUST BE WHY I'M THINKING OF LAS VEGAS
DIGITS OR LAS VEGAS

they've always been mentioned in shoegays threads. dunno if there's actually a spike in popularity or not.

having a baby

Some random album gets recommended, People listen to it, It gets more and more mentions, momentum builds up, then most people get tired of the album and it fades back to irrelevance. This is the usual scenario unless the album gets so much hype that it ends up becoming a meme.

The only album that got a message across without understanding the lyrics.
The pain in those vocals is real. That band was in hell at that period.

She had a child with junkie lead guitarist dad. Boy that must have felt horrible.

The lyrics carry her melodies further. But those melodies can stand on their own.

The fuck, Sup Forums has fawned over shoegaze and dream pop since the dawn of time.

One of the most underrated bands in history.

She sounds like a fucking goddess. I don't even know how she manages to make those weird melodies and textural things with her voice.

On the one hand, it's a bit like the Celtic equivalent of "Mongol throat singing".
On the other, it is far more beautiful but also far more painful. It's a bit like keening.