Why don't films have scenes like this where the hero and a group of people sacrifice their selves to slow down an...

Why don't films have scenes like this where the hero and a group of people sacrifice their selves to slow down an attack on civilians?
Do Millennials not like self sacrifice and honour?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nAh78K_hqVU
youtube.com/watch?v=Xog-4gL13_A
slashfilm.com/warcraft-directors-cut/
youtube.com/watch?v=VTjkkZCMYvg
youtube.com/watch?v=mfW4pefWaiI
youtube.com/watch?v=LwOpT4uHhh8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Quick, name 500 people that sacrificed themselves on D-Day!

Jesus

What?

Mike

Hans

Mike who?

Nope, chivalry and loyalty is for white people

>Why don't films have scenes like this where the hero and a group of people sacrifice their selves to slow down an attack on civilians?
Warcraft?

Millennials on average are indeed probably less of a weeaboo faggot than you.

God.

Barman v superman

Scene in the OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=nAh78K_hqVU
>That music
>That formation
>That honour
>That hopelessness
Pure Kino scene desu

Also pic related

>Do Millennials not like self sacrifice and honour?
I don't know you tell us.

Min-Gyu

Mike Hunt

this is a stupid thread

This desu senpai

this is a stupid post

this is a stupid reply

But op you're not even trying to make a decent thread. At least post something interesting to get the discussion going.
Like come on, you make a thread about a good movie like Kingdom of Heaven and then do nothing with it.

i'm not OP you fool

Then be the op we need.

>No Richard the Lionheart movie as kino as Kingdom of Heaven
WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?!

no, i'm more like the joker

Its because millennials are selfish and weak. They hate the idea of helping people.

They do

youtube.com/watch?v=Xog-4gL13_A

>sacrificing yourself over arbitrary beliefs that provide you conviction

sounds spooky to me

The 2 recent films that do have self sacrifice and all that were critically panned. It kind of proves OP's point.

everytime

What was the other one? Warcraft?

Yeah.

Is that actually any good? I heard it was cut to pieces which made me lose all interest in it.

Its not that great it was a fun flick. I think it might be a Batman V Superman situation where the director's cut will be great.
The Ork scenes are top tier.

>"You go, I'll hold them back!"
>dies instantly and the pursuers are barely slowed at all and now you have fewer numbers to fight them
It's always been a dumb trope for easy drama. There's more interesting ways to show self-sacrifice, this is as cheap and lazy as it gets.

not a great source but it doesn't seem like a DC will happen

slashfilm.com/warcraft-directors-cut/

>doesn't mention violation of NAB :DDD

What is Jerusalem worth Sup Forums?

MIKE JONES

Nobody itt remembers who this 'rapper' is anymore. Man I'm old.

nobody remembers who he is because he's a literal who

You have no sense of honor, then. No one leaves speedbumps behind when things are going well, it's only when you can only retreat and have a slim hope of surviving when this trope is evoked. What you are implying is a last stand, which leaves you with no hope at all (and also gives you honor). If you are going to certainly die, you either face death like a man or you bring it sooner by giving your life to hopefully give another the chance to save his.

Kids these days complain about working at a mcshit job and would rather someone pays them to discuss inane shit. Such entitlement I haven't seen until recently.

Suicide Squad also

>They hate the idea of helping people.
But why would they be overwhelmingly in favor of giving their wealth to poor brown people if they hate helping people?

>The Ork scenes are top tier.
True, hope there might be some more Gul'dan or Blackhand scenes that were cut.

Never saw that but wasn't it panned?
It really seems like films that have self sacrifice get panned by critics and millennials.

I guess I should say they hate the idea of helping their own kind.

>most famous English king
>is actually the frenchiest Frenchman imaginable

>giving their wealth to poor brown people
Lol no they're not. Most people who want to "help" refugees don't really want to do anything. They just don't want labeled as racist.

That would be based Alfred

>frenchiest Frenchman
This is a poor meme, France only just started getting called that and he ruled over an extensive amount of "French" land, but he was Norman.

TWO

You're just giving typical "muh millennial" complains while getting worked up because modern filmmakers have forsake older shit tropes for newer shit tropes. It's embarrassing to read posts from someone who lacks this much self-awareness to not even recognize his own nostalgic bias.

The whole concept is retarded.

>This is a poor meme
I know. ;_;
But it's still closer to reality than the usual depiction of Richard in media which turns him into some sort of English patriotic figure. While in reality the guy didn't even speak English and spent most his life outside of England.

>That hopelessness
that's what always gets me in these kinds of scenes, fucking nu-males and feminists could never understand something like that

youtube.com/watch?v=VTjkkZCMYvg
this one always gives me that feeling as well, obviously (in his mind) he's going to die, but he still fights

I just hope we can get a sequel.

>forsake older shit tropes for newer shit tropes
Is this whole post supposed to be ironic? You seem much less self aware then him with all your false projections and shit out of no where.

What makes you think it's ironic? Express your thoughts instead of just implying them and asking everyone else to guess what you mean.

What is Sup Forums worth?

>Kids these days complain about working at a mcshit job and would rather someone pays them to discuss inane shit.

You call it "mcshit" but somebody who has to work their apparently can't?

I never saw the Last Samurai but that is a brilliant scene holy shit. I need to see it now.

You were right he wasn't English, never spent more than a year total on that wind blown island, and his right hand man was a Flemish Ramsay Bolton.

Nothing :^)

Nothing.

Everything.
Nothing.

>charging into an army of hundreds with 20 guys
>not enduring a siege in a keep and trying to repell the invaders
>absolute retardery

Does making a man a janitor make him a better poster?

You call it a trope but it's a honor thing that has existed through all time. I hate using it but Thermoplye is the perfect example were soldiers make a joint agreement to fight to the end to save someone else.

Nothing.

No really, nothing. It's Sup Forums.

The Last Samurai was fucking great. Tom Cruise generally doesn't fail.

Thermopylae is literally the only good example I can even think of. Compared to the probably hundreds of times it's been used as a trope in film, it doesn't have a good track record. It's a lazy way to elicit emotion from the audience and it usually doesn't have any significant effect on the plot.

And the purpose is obviously for the viewer to identify with the hero boldly facing death and go "yeah, that would be me too." This idiot has actually molded his worldview on manipulative screenwriting

>And the purpose is obviously for the viewer to identify with the hero boldly facing death and go "yeah, that would be me too."
It's a lazy way to do so. Can you read?

Why is Kingdom of Heavens soundtrack so good bros?
youtube.com/watch?v=mfW4pefWaiI

I'm agreeing with you mate

Sorry m8

In a constrained movie with probably many other soldiers to characterize, it takes very little time and energy to make the character selfless or brave to the audience.

The scene of this is also GOAT.
>That Crusaders formation
MUH DIK
Nice double dubs as well my man.

Ragnar's a big guy and this is a good shop.

only 1 race needs XL

it just is

youtube.com/watch?v=LwOpT4uHhh8

>their wealth

K I N O
I
N
O

What's your point? It wasn't worth doing because they didn't get fayyyy-mous?

According to the strauss-howe generational theory that's exactly what millennials like.