Keaton, Lloyd, Chaplin

Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd or Charlie Chaplin?

Who's the greatest among them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bW0bZBXJFZU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stan laurel.

keaton hands down

I need to watch more lloyd though

hol up

Stan Laurel is m8.

Chaplin and Stan Laurel.

its keaton

Jackie Chan

Chaplin > Keaton > Lloyd
All three are great. Amazed there aren't more reaction images and gifs from them.
Chaplin is up there for the greatest director ever, let alone best silent comedy kino

agree with this.
for me laurel and hardy made the best transition from silent to talkies.

regarding reaction gifs, why isnt there an oliver hardy breaking the 4th wall gif? that would be classic.

i cant get the hang of making gifs/webm's

tati

>tati

Keaton was a great Batman.
I don't know the other two, probably Marvelcucks.

Keaton for the ambition, Chaplin for the charm

don't be a sentimental retard chaplin was competent as a director. keaton was much better (and more original)

I love Chaplin and Lloyd but Keaton is heads and shoulders above all them.

jacques tati. not as acrobatic as keaton or chaplin but his movie playtime is probably in my top 10

youtube.com/watch?v=bW0bZBXJFZU

there's this interview with him about how people from different social strata smoke their cigarettes that I can't find right now but really shows what he's good at. it's all about subtle class markers, social alienation and critiques of modernity in the form of slapstick

Keaton by far

This

Max Linder

Truth.

>cultural Marxism
Nice try tumblr

In my native language Tati means shit.

My problem with Chaplin is that his movies are hilarious but end up becoming the silent-era equivalent of oscar bait. So hamfisted. So in general I prefer Keaton.

based buster of course

Buster

Someone post sherlockjr.webm

Prime Keaton > American Chaplin > Lloyd > European Chaplin > Drunk broken dreams Keaton

>Drunk broken dreams Keaton
delet this

Chaplin obviously. Keaton was just a one trick pony compared to Chaplin. Cool stuff with the stunts and such but for pure cinematic genius (Chaplin has been pigeon-holed as comedy these days for some reason) and pure taste Chaplin. Easily.

Also: Would have voted a tie with Stan Laurel if the option was available.

Lloyd, then Chaplin in order of personal preference. I haven't seen enough of Keaton's work to weigh in on that score, though I imagine I would enjoy most of it.

Is it even a question?

>Despite being diagnosed with cancer in January 1966, he was never told that he was terminally ill or that he had cancer; Keaton thought that he was recovering from a severe case of bronchitis. Confined to a hospital during his final days, Keaton was restless and paced the room endlessly, desiring to return home.

I can't see that at all

Chaplin made maudlin comedies without a fraction of the daring Keaton and a very basic sense of political awareness. All this talk of being a genius for pointing a camera at his amusing antics is totally beyond me. I say this as someone who loves Modern Times

That webm alone is funnier than entire "comedies" I've seen lately.

Fucking lel

tati isnt in the same category

This
Harpo>Chico>Groucho>Zeppo>Gummo

groucho is funny the rest aint

>pleb choice
Chaplin
>contrarian choice
Lloyd
>patrician choice
Keaton

Groucho>Harpo>Chico>Margaret Dumont>>Gummo