Why are there so many Star Wars threads but never any Pirates of the Caribbean threads...

Why are there so many Star Wars threads but never any Pirates of the Caribbean threads? POTC is objectively the better franchise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LqtfI7hWpwc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because PotC is a dead franchise

puke

but another movie is on the way

>shit lore
>jumped the shark on the second movie
>a two good characters in the entire series

We only discuss Star Wars here because of the memes. Spend a few weeks some unfunny POTC memes and we'll talk about it just as much

what you guys think of pirates (1986)?

>a cursed pirate ship manned by undead skeletons
>okay whatever
>a cursed pirate ship manned by undead squidfaces
>jumping the shark
I never get this autism.

>First movie has good plot, decent character, and manage to keep a good tight pacing.

>Second and third are just fuck that shit and are just giant clusterfucks that are way too long for their own good.

What went wrong?

>shit lore
Calypso shit was bad but most of the other shit was fine

>jumped the shark on the second movie
Thank god

>two good characters in the entire series
Sparrow, Barbossa, Davy Jones, Norrington, Gibbs are all great, although not necessarily deep. Rest are inoffensive, you'd have to be retarded to call them good characters but you'd have to be autistic to be bothered by them

potc has one good movie, the first, that's the fucking reason

see this guy doesn't even know there's a fourth, because who went on caring after the clusterfucks that were 2 and 3

That fight between Jack and Will in the first movie was fucking great. The whole movie was choreographed really fucking well.

>what is a trio fight on a wheel in the 2nd
>what is Jack and Davy Jones' duel in the 3rd

I've seen them all multiple times and the second and third movies are more entertaining than the first, the pacing is fine. But it's true that the first one is the best movie.

I like these movies way more than Star Wars personally but yeah it doesn't have the same 'anything can happen' potential as Star Wars, it's more niche

what did they mean by this?

Potc is like jurassic park but with pirates. People don't expect a good story, they still come to see dinosaurs/pirates anyway.

Normally Star wars fans expect substance but the series got so popular it became cool to like star wars so it's flooded with bandwagon fans who care more about experiencing STAR WARS OMG XDDD than proper development of the universe or overall story. Episode 7 showed us that you can literally dangle a generic star wars item on a string and bandwagon fans will jizz themselves. You could literally make a star wars movie that is nothing but a PowerPoint with slides of the Millennium falcon, Darth Vader, light sabers, x-wings, storm troopers, r2d2 and most of the theater will scream like little girls and claim it a "hype" movie.

all of the movies are choreographed well, but I agree. But seriously, literally EVERY action scene was good and the comedic timing for most of the humor was on point

>pretends that was all there was to it
I never get this autism

Jack has bad eyesight and realized he needed a longer spyglass to remedy this

Okay then, elaborate what's the deal.

Compensating

BIG

>literally any Davy Jones scene
>Kraken attacking the ship scene
>the entire island bit in 2, including the wheel fight
>all of the literal kino in the Davy Jones's Locker segment like the ship turning upside down, Jack's scene with all the crabs on the beach, the dead aimlessly passing by on lifeboats
>the final battle in 3, namely the Jack vs Davy Jones duel on the mast of a ship while the ship was in a fucking whirlpool
>Blackbeards ship
>Mermaid qt
>the whole fountain of youth scene and everything that came after it in 4

how people can hate these movies is beyond me

how about the fact that the plot got increasingly more and more convoluted with way too many characters and side-plots? the original was a simple adventure with a few twists to liven things up. in the sequels it was really hard to care about anyone because all the characters became so unlikable.

>tfw will turner and jack sparrow reunited again in the next movie

i hope they kiss on the mouth

the plot got more convoluted but it wasn't hard to follow, 2 in particular was handled well in terms of character sub-plots considering how much they shoved into it

hope you like fishmen kisses

youtube.com/watch?v=LqtfI7hWpwc
>the Kraken was the GOAT villain and they killed it off-screen in the third movie
BRAVA

My condolences for your extremely short attention span, I had no problem following all plot lines in every movie.

I loved the 3 first movies, especially Dead's Man Chest when it was released it 2006, I completely forgotten what happened in the 4th movie.

They forgot they were making a movie not a meme; the characters were reduced to repeating their own individual catchphrases and comedy bits as nauseam.

I've watched them all, and they truly give me a good feeling when I watch them over and over.
Not sure how one in 2017 will do....

>the characters were reduced to repeating their own individual catchphrases

this part specifically is bullshit

>Not sure how one in 2017 will do....
Yeah, and with all the shit that happened around Depp during production... my expectations are low

All I know is my dick is hard for the 5th. I fucking love this series and not in a pussy "guilty pleasure" kind of way

tbqh POTC franchise is better than Disney's Star Wars.

That was my main complaint with 2/3. Characters became so fucking flat and a they ever did was spout shit and repeat jokes from the first movie.

1 was great, probably one of the best adventure movies made and deserves a spot alongside Raiders of the Lost Ark. 2 and 3 were like Temple of Doom and Crystal Skull

cutler beckett is literally one of the best villains of the 2000s tbqh fambly