Why is it that every time more punk oriented extreme bands fuse it with Metal...

Why is it that every time more punk oriented extreme bands fuse it with Metal, mealfags instantly claim them as Meal bands despite that not being true?

Nails, Full of Hell, literally any Crossover band ever. Grindcore, hardcore, powerviolence and crossover are not meal genres.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XrpJsyYpuJU
youtu.be/p_rirNgqrG4?t=49s
youtube.com/watch?v=TBQK4gnmDtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=X4bgXH3sJ2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=b-gBds6v6Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=uZmDL_PzvdY
youtube.com/watch?v=nKS1WTM6fzg
youtube.com/c/thewhiterose
youtube.com/watch?v=1CeHfz54LF8
youtube.com/watch?v=gd3HTU2a2mA
youtube.com/watch?v=6mfvSSl9L9M
youtube.com/watch?v=Tnc8uKJt-vs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no one considers powerviolence to be metal. you can keep that nu male shit

>hardcore
if you mean post-hardcore, NO metalhead wants to be associated with these cunts

Metal would still be a bunch of perm having, makeup wearing, no-nuts bitch singing, shiny leather tight pants owning sissy shit if punk bands didn't decide to start fusing it.

>doesn't know what hc punk or nyhc is
typical

Nails and full of hell are total shit and nothing to do with metal.

But why you trying to say Carnivore, SOD, Cryptic Slaughter and Power Trip ain't metal

Carnivore and PT are the only bands you listed that are more metal than hardcore.

shut up cunt

For sure lose my number and unfollow my instagram, my man.

metal fans don't just up and claim those genres. I feel like metal fusions end up being treated with a one-drop rule. since metal is so much more distinctive, abrasive, and culturally boxed up, anything with metal influence is more naturally associated with metal as an umbrella (and therefore slightly or very outside the mainstream) than with whatever other genre

Guess I'm not a mealfag then.
I know what your issue is though. You can't deal with the fact that you like some metal because you built your taste around internet memes and metal is the fat neckbeard fedora virgin genre.

>distinctive
>abrasive
It was inseparable from late 70's/early 80's rock before jacking punk sounds.

It's literally because major labels were signing more socially acceptable Metal bands over the more underground punk bands of the time that certain things became associated with metal, such as d-beats.

Except I like black meal more than most other genres, I'm not biased. Stop playing armchair psychologist you faggot frogposter.

Punk is crap.

I told you not to reblog me ever again you creep.

What are you going to do about it teenbro?

Contact the ADL.

Shitty metalcore like Power Trip doesn't belong there.

>metalcore
>power trip

But metalfags absolutely despite metalcore.

No one mentioned metalcore, fags.

Why is modern beatdown hardcore so much better than metal youtube.com/watch?v=XrpJsyYpuJU

>No one mentioned metalcore, fags.
>OP literally asked why metalfags claim fusion genres as their own

Power Trip sounds more like Hatebreed than crossover.
Someone mentioned Power Trip.

And listed genres they claim as their own. The irony is Metalcore is overy melodic and has more in common with melodic death metal than any punk sub, but since it has such a shitty demographic associated with it metalfags pick and choose.

Sad!

Wrong

>Power Trip sounds more like Hatebreed than crossover.
Why are metalfags so fucking braindead

youtu.be/p_rirNgqrG4?t=49s

What's wrong about it?

Are you implying extreme metal didn't come from d-beat, thrash punk and proto-grindcore being fused with butt rock tier garbage like judas priest and early venom?

I only listened to their latest album which was tough guy metalcore chugging bullshit almost the whole time.
>butt rock tier garbage like judas priest and early venom?
WEW

FoH and Nails used to be on the hardcore side, but both bands are full on metal now.
Don't reply to this with >b-b-b-b-ut they're powerviolence!
they're not

The fact you think 70's 80's metal sounded like rock music is wrong, you'd know this if you actually fuckin listened to the music you punk faggot

Also punk is a shit genre for shit people with shit for brains

Oh for sure 100%, NWOBHM doesn't just sound like generic radio rock with slightly faster riffs. I'e probably listened to and become bored of more heavy metal in the last decade than you've listened to in your entire bum life.

Literally grindcore bands with black metal influence.

You still won't accept horseshit like northlane as metal though, even though musically they're almost identical to At the Gates and latter prog Edge of Sanity

Cryptic Slaughter is pretty meal
only good post itt desu

>thinks people are part of a subculture if they listen to certain music
this is your brain on metal. cliquey high school tier shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=TBQK4gnmDtQ

You mean this album, buddy?

Is the word "almost" not a part of your vocabulary?

Sure bud, keep believing your own shit punkfag, rock has clear roots in jazz and blues, metal is more rooted in classical, you can hear this very clearly with Iron Maiden, if you had actually heard a Maiden record you'd notice that the music goes up and down the scales rather than sweeping chords that rock musicians generally use, that's just one example

Do you ever see any normal human beings at a punk concert/listening to punk?

I thought not

>Cryptic Slaughter is pretty meal
Guess how I know you've heard fuckall hc punk?

didn't know HC punk had blast beats and actual riffs instead of chord wankery you fucking homo

>heavy metal has more in common with classical than rock
Holy fuck the absolute state of metalfag delusion. Maybe if we're talking about Yngwie.

>didn't know HC punk had blast beats and actual riffs
just proved my point. It had blast beats before metal did.

Proudly ignorant people should be lynched.

still didn't refute the riffs part lol
rec me some blasty hc tho user pls
>>heavy metal has more in common with classical than rock
>mfw

You're the delusional one here mate, deaf too from the sounds of it

MK-ULTRA are decent, I forgive their insufferable left wing shit for being a band that existed before the (((CURRENT YEAR)))

>metal is more rooted in classical
This is the dumbest stereotype about metal. It's even worse than "it's all just screaming and chaos". Really shows how much you know about classical music.
Keep yourself safe my friend.

>Metal would still be a bunch of perm having, makeup wearing, no-nuts bitch singing, shiny leather tight pants owning sissy shit if punk bands didn't decide to start fusing it.
Say what you want about them, but those people got mad pussy back in the day.

>nu-male: the thread

This post shows how much you really know about music in general, listen to some metal such as classic Iron Maiden, Burzum, Mayhem and some of the other metal bands out there, you will notice patterns in the music that are more like a classical piece than a blues song.

It's not even a stereotype, it's called comparison, saying "metal is just screaming" is a stereotype you fucking mong

Meanwhile Sabbath inspired shit like heavy/doom/sludge/etc etc are blues oriented.

And Burzum is written like a standard blues rock song; so is Iron Maiden.

>Burzum is written like a standard blues rock song
is it even possible to be more wrong

>you will notice patterns in the music that are more like a classical piece than a blues song
>burzum and mayhem
>doesn't even have beyond surface knowledge of metal to namedrop bm bands that actually are heavily classical influenced
Metal does not have more in common with classical than it does with rock and blues. Please shut up and hand in your metal card.

Really? This youtube.com/watch?v=X4bgXH3sJ2Q sounds like blues to you? How about this youtube.com/watch?v=b-gBds6v6Ak and this youtube.com/watch?v=uZmDL_PzvdY

I dunno what to fuckin think of you mate, either you're deaf or smoking some hardcore shit

Sounds more like blues than classical you fucking moron.

t.deaf crack smoker

This is why people laugh at metalfags; you ramp up the distortion and add a solo and then suddenly you forget it's verse chorus verse bridge/etc etc and it's a blues rock song in minor.

And I say this as someone who is heavily into the genre.

Sure, Ghost is definitely metal kid, have fun at the A7X show champ

t.deaf crack smoker

t.Ghost and A7X fan

>Name one of the bluesiest metal bands of the modern era
>As evidence they're not blues rock oriented
They even cover Beatles songs with little shift in tone.

You're functionally mentally retarded. You couldn't have picked a worse example.

What, Ghost and A7X? I was naming them as a joke mate, they're not even metal.

Where do you think the lightning fast riffs and blast beats in Cryptic Slaughters early shit came from dude?

Hint: it wasn't fucking anthrax

t.deaf crack smoker

>burzum
>verse chorus verse bridge/etc etc
Have you even listened to Burzum before

t.Ghost and A7X

>Ghost isn't metal

Ghost wouldn't be out of place as a 70s heavy metal band.

Yes, people overrate Burzum's progressive songs because of Filosofem.

t.deaf ghost that smokes A7X

t.smokes Ghost deaf A7X that

Led Zeppelin was considered metal at one stage despite clearly not being one, what's your point

My point is that distortion and solos does not a metal band make.

>Led Zeppelin was considered metal at one stage despite clearly not being one, what's your point
no they weren't

No shit, it's the way the music itself is structured and partially themes that make a metal band.

They actually were

Prove they were.

Yeah, and metal is not classically inspired (generally); it's harder hard rock that wanks the guitar a little more.

youtube.com/watch?v=nKS1WTM6fzg

> it's harder hard rock that wanks the guitar a little more.
yeah that definitely describes death and black metal accurately.

OP who's this chick

"post-hardcore" isn't the same as post-hardcore

Stuff like Sabbath (just a bit though) and some of the older stuff that used to be considered metal like Led Zeppelin sure, they had some blues influence, bands that are actually metal or aren't from the extremely early days of metal have composed music that is more similar to classical

This good enough?

youtube.com/c/thewhiterose

>Refused
>not identical to escape the fate

More minor keys; more guitar wanks, palm muted riffs and some blast beats.

Where have we veered off into classical?

They were
Source: My daddy

I'm not the classical fag, but saying extreme metal is hard rock is equally retarded.

If anything, that implies it veered into extreme punk territory.

Give me 5 reasons bands like Batushka aren't considered powerviolence/grindcore over metal.

Christ that's a terrible hairstyle

I don't think anybody considers hardcore or powerviolence to be metal genres. Grind is borderline and varies on a case by case basis but a lot of it is basically death metal with a side of hardcore, esp. the early stuff.

Grindcore existed before death metal.

By like 3 years at most.
Doesn't mean that the riffs aren't basically death metal riffs or that grindcore borrowed hugely from death metal once death metal became a thing.

They're literally not death metal riffs. Prove they are without using metal/grind fusion bands like Anaal Nathrakh or Nails for your example

Death meal and grindcore basically bastardized pre-existing thrash riffs in exactly the same way, at (almost) the exact same time.

literally death meal played by hardcore kids
youtube.com/watch?v=1CeHfz54LF8

Holy shit this thread, none of you idiots know anything about music, especially metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=gd3HTU2a2mA
youtube.com/watch?v=6mfvSSl9L9M

a camwhore

Grindcore existed in the 80s about the same time as post-punk emerged, you functional retard. It predates Death (which wasn't even a death metal band) by quite a bit.

It is though. Metal is literally rock music with more distortion and heavier emphasis on riffs.

Don't they both date back to 85/86?

>posts deathgrind band
>posts deathgrind and an osdm band
good job

Drum patterns are the biggest difference between rock and metal

some alt-right Youtube thot

Possessed and Death both formed in '83
I stand by my 3 years at most

yeah totally
youtube.com/watch?v=Tnc8uKJt-vs
How about riffing style and song structure

If drum patterns are so important to you, then thrash, death, black and speed meal are now punk subgenres in your mind.

wew

I know Morbid Angel is OSDM. Compare the two you idiot. Morbid Angel is Terrorizer minus the hardcore influence.

>it has blast beats therefore it's metal
No, not necessarily. Metal is broader than that.