Bare-bones modern rock

>bare-bones modern rock
>lead singer sounds like and edgier version of Weird Al
>metalfags love him
Can someone explain the appeal of this shit? Have I been listening to the wrong songs, or do their fans just have shit taste?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-3uvf0cn0jo
youtube.com/watch?v=En6CGnIHIEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sTA5m7NIG_g
youtube.com/watch?v=mM2-iPAY2p4
youtube.com/watch?v=woe_4gkS4XU
youtube.com/watch?v=wmOp43FoF5g
youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't understand it either. Maybe it's just a joke we're not part of.

I'm a metalfags and I don't like this band. They don't even sound like metal to me, so I don't understand why metal fans like them. They hardly sound any different than any grunge-influenced "alternative rock" band.

I don't particularly like Ghost but they're pretty refreshing as far as modern rock and mainstream metal go. They're god-tier compared to shit like A Day to Remember.

metalfags don't like them, normies who think they're metalfags like them

Because they're a pop band that mealfags are "allowed" to enjoy, like Black Sabbath.

Scooby Doo chase music

>reeeee i'm young and don't understand the world or music for that matter

>doesn't like a band that formed 2006
>obviously, he must be underaged

Rather than being a complete dipshit, why don't you defend the band by actually explaining the appeal of them?

Oh, and not that it's relevant, but I'm nearly 30.

>Black Sabbath
>Pop
What?

No actual metalhead likes them, they make shitty rip off scooby doo chase music, I have no fucking clue why people classify them as metal, their fans are retards and the lead singer is a complete jew and is being sued by the other members

This sums it up.

This basically
It is the reverse pleb filter of metal or s/th, everyone that actually likes Ghost isn't very much into metal, as it has very few things that are "metal"-y
The first album is worth a listen, still. Don't overdo it though, the rest is pretty much the same.

It's well produced, well put together and sounds nice. If you don't like it, maybe it just isn't for you.

It's scooby doo chase music nigga

Oh, well I guess I don't like metal anymore.

>scooby doom

I don't get this meme.

>new band uses nostalgic riffs that built metal as we know it
>actually pulls it off
>wonders why they are successful

also
>thinks nearly 30 isn't young
just keep proving my post kid

>new band uses nostalgic riffs that built metal as we know it
And combines them with a guy who sings out of his nose.

>actually pulls it off
That's debatable.

>wonders why they are successful
Because the only thing about them that sticks out is the shitty evil-pope outfit.

and 30 is old enough to know the difference between good music and boring crap.

no, you don't, so fuck off.

Thing is, when I think of doom, I think of shit like

youtube.com/watch?v=-3uvf0cn0jo

or

youtube.com/watch?v=En6CGnIHIEQ

or

youtube.com/watch?v=sTA5m7NIG_g

or

youtube.com/watch?v=mM2-iPAY2p4

is there a Ghost song that sounds like any of these?

No, they have been classified doom metal by some tard though

doom is super diverse, you've posted epic doom, stoner 2 times and sludge
they're a cheesier trad doom
I guess you could find a ghost-sounding candlemass song or a candlemass-sounding ghost song but I haven't listened enough to any of those bands to find them

>And combines them with a guy who sings out of his nose.
metal was never about good signers... but you are under 30 so you must think glam metal era "good singers" are somehow relevant for a band that pulls influences prior to that era

>That's debatable.
implying people like them because they do a shit job of BOC, Sabbath, and Judas riffs. You wouldn't be so butthurt right now otherwise.

>and 30 is old enough
clearly not old enough to not to know the literal history of metal and why ghost is popular among metalfans that were born long before you.

>metal was never about good signers... but you are under 30 so you must think glam metal era "good singers" are somehow relevant for a band that pulls influences prior to that era
Dio and King Diamond would like to have a word with you.

>implying people like them because they do a shit job of BOC, Sabbath, and Judas riffs. You wouldn't be so butthurt right now otherwise.
Weedeater does Sabbath riffs better than Ghost and they play stoner metal like they learned it from an instruction manual.

>clearly not old enough to not to know the literal history of metal and why ghost is popular among metalfans that were born long before you.
Most of the fans I've met were younger than me.

>ghost is popular among metalfans
But metalfans hate ghost?

>millennial metal fans hate ghost

fify

All metal fans hate Ghost

>King Diamond
>good singer
kek

>Dio
oh the faggot? no surprize, what's next queensryche?

>Most of the fans I've met were younger than me.
i've never met a fan younger than me :^)

Ok faggot, Till Lindemann, and Johan Langqvist then

Ghost's first album is metal.

>complains about shit voice
>posts Lanquist
holy fuck

>Ramstein didnt even come out until mid 90s and was directly influenced by ministry and alike
i get it, you dont like ghost because you've had a skewed perception of what a 'metalfan' is and historical metal roots... its cool tho you dont have to like ghost, you dont even have to like all metal

>>King Diamond
>>good singer
>kek

>Johan Langqvist of Candlemass
>shit
What the fuck are you talking about?
youtube.com/watch?v=woe_4gkS4XU

Ghost is """"metal"""" for people who don't want to listen to metal but want the aesthetic regardless of whether it's poorly done or not, therefore it isn't metal

>Blah blah blah here are the """""facts""""" on metal even though i've only experienced 2 decades of it

you should check out poison, or white snake... they are probably up your faggy alley too

>GHOST IS METAL PLZ BELIEVE ME
Have fun with your scooby doo chase music kid

Ghost are trash, literally a watered down rip off of blue oyster cult.

>metalfags
Who told you these lies, try posting that Slipknot Scooby-Doo chase music shit on /metal/ and see what happens.

^ this
saying this makes us look like edgy gatekeepers, but it's true.

Isn't edgy if it's true mate

Considering hes a defacto one-man-band and writes EVERYTHING, its extremely impressive.

Nothing you djenting shitkids with your 7string no-man-band will ever understand.

/metal/ isn't representative of metalfags as a whole, unfortunatly
I'd love to have it's elitism and desire to shock more widespread
metalfags are the faggots lewronggenaration-ning over entry level shit like maiden or coming with a unicorn onesie to hellfest

>metal fans are only kids that lurk Sup Forums generals
Millennials kek

>If it isn't metal then it isn't good

in this case it isn't metal and it isn't good, but they have no correlation

It'd be more impressive if he wasn't just ripping off Blue Oyster Cult and saying "Satan" over and over again.

I'm listening to their first album, and it's okay, but largely unimpressive (ESPECIALLY the singing, I just can't get over how bland this guy sounds). It's certainly better than other offerings from them, but I'm still largely unimpressed.

The sad truth is that the average "metalhead" thinks like this. All those hordes of middle aged people who are still loyal to one genre make me sick

>Scooby Doo-core

Please senpai...

Their fans have shit taste.
Went to see one of their concerts because of the hype, I like that one song with Satan and his names but the rest is just pure cheese with nothing novel to it. But I would expect nothing less from Sweden, the country of Sabaton and a million other cheesy shitty metal bands. I walked out when they played what I later found out to be Cirice, right around
>I can feel the thunder that’s breaking in your heart
>I can see through the scars inside you
>I can feel the thunder that’s breaking in your heart
>I can see through the scars inside you
Fuck anyone who thinks this is good writing.

t. Teenager

t. Swede

Their first record is pretty decent throwback style metal, but on each consecutive record their Blue Oyster Cult influence kept increasing this each one sounding less metal, and more goofy surfy riff music, than the one before. At this point their latest has very little if any metal at all. Keep in mind that whatever anyone tells you here, all the older metal fans should remember that this band was pretty well respected back in 2010 for their first album among the more "underground" metal fan base.

Yeah! How nasally, totally not a vocal style used in metal at all. Ozzy Osborne, Dave Mustaine, who are those guys?

I've seen Ghost live a couple times. The first time sucked and the second time was actually pretty good.
I appreciate what they're trying to do with the classic metal revival but it's poorly executed. Too much image and not enough sound. It's really all the singer. They need one who either has a voice like a 70s hard rock/heavy metal singer or they need a singer who can go heavier than what they're doing. As it is now, it's just so bland

I'm a metalfag and one time I had to sit through one of their live shows because they were opening for Iron Maiden. They aren't metal and will never be.

>muh Maiden

Maiden is so fucking played-out i cant imagien ever revisiting them. Yeah i get it, you played proto metal, fine, but now we have REAL fucking earth shattering metal. Maiden is childsplay.

>Scooby Doo chase music

I've never seen people so proud of a "burn" that only works if you're just straight-up ignorant about music history.

Scooby Doo is well-known for utilizing and popularizing Beatles-esque psych-pop for its chase scenes without the early 70's. It was based upon popular variety shows of the day a la The Monkees--shows like these were a lot of youngsters' introduction to the world of 60's/70's psych rock/pop/

youtube.com/watch?v=wmOp43FoF5g

Just because something makes sense in your head doesn't mean it's intelligent. Whenever you call Ghost "Scooby Doo chase music," you're:

1) repeating someone else's joke
2) getting music history wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo
it's a reference to this one, wich is actually really close to what ghost is doing

metalfags don't like ghost, their fanbase is 90% normies who think they're into metal, and 10% nu-males who thought deafheaven was too harsh and found Ghost via Fantano

Of course the yhate them now, what do you expect.

Songs like Genesis or Elizabeth are the best of what metal could offer nowadays.

So what you're saying is the Beatles are Scooby Doo chase music?

I don't classify them as hard metal but they're pretty good. They at least border metal if anything.

They have a passable Beatles cover at least.

>metalfags don't like them
That's why I like them

>band name is Ghost
>plays radio friendly rock
literally what? that doesn't make sense

kek

explain to me how it doesn't make sense

>Band puts a modern touch to nostalgic rock old metalheads grew up with and actually pull it off along with catchy melodies and choruses and thick, solid production and mysterious, anonymous public image
Gee whiz, who knows why they're popular

>mysterious anonymous public image
"local Papa not so anonymous since being sued"

why do kids now a days think a type of music that was once classified under a certain genre is somehow no longer apart of that genre because new sub-genres have emerged to further evolve the genre as a whole over decades?

Elvis hasn't stopped being rock
Sugar Hill Gang hasn't stopped being rap
Bill Monroe hasn't stopped being country
How can bands like Sabbath not be considered metal?

>inb4 more elitism

ghost is sweeter than black sab