Have we considered that American's actually aren't very good at American football...

Have we considered that American's actually aren't very good at American football? Is it a situation like with global football where England invented it but actually suck at it?

For weeks I've been told how good the Packers were and that Rodgers was the goat:
>Rodgers absolutely sucked, he didn't seem to understand the basic concept of the game, he left his pocket all the time and got forced into literally just chucking the ball
>I saw a chunky unathletic looking white guy run half the field and then simply drop the ball when the easiest thing to do would have been drop to his knees and protect the yardage he'd gained
>i saw absolutley no defence played whats so ever
>i saw kickers miss kicks european 5th division football players could make, blindfolded

I am really considering that what American's think is good is simply distorted by the small global talent pool. I have a feeling a nation like Germany or Russia would excel at this sport and take it to new levels if they really cared.

Because not even Canada cares about American football we will probably never know the real answer, but I think its something to really consider

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18484166/super-bowl-ticket-prices-drop-dallas-cowboys-loss
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Americans are good at a lot of sports. The English aren't really good at any sport. Really made me think though.

Didn't British males beat American males at the Olympics?

Maybe the NFL should be played by American women, they appear to be the better athletes..

I said sports not "athletic events". Unless your going to count running, swimming, and cycling "sports".

But canada has a professional football league

Wow, really made me think.

I mean it is the biggest global SPORTS event in the world.

Its pretty much the only one USA and Britain both compete at and try to win. We can say USA is better at Basketball but Britain really doesnt care about Basketball, we can say Britian is better and Football and Rugby but USA doesn't care about Football and Rugby.

So yea the Olympics is the only way we can see how the 2 nations compete with each other.

1v1 me on the gridiron irl nigga

Athletes now become entitled. All Americans are entitled and you see it. For that type of money almost anyone in the world would give 100% every play, yet we constantly see low effort performance out of players regularly.

I have no doubt hardcore Russians would annihilate this sport if steroids/PEDs were actually banned. Russians some motherfuckers.

More competition would make the sport a lot better, yes.
Association football would have never developed like it did if not for the immense interest around the globe.

protip: NFL is just a big marketing scheme and all the matches are fixed

Okay and we consistently dominate so what do you want? Britain got one or two meme years but they usually suck ass at the Olympics and will probably go back to sucking that ass pretty soon. Do you want a medal for using all these stale memes or something?

played by americans not good enough for nfl

So what exactly is Italy good at? You talk about how Americans suck at sports while sucking Britain's dick. What are you guys good at?

he is british senpai

American athletes are entitled. How can you justify earning that much money and not giving 100% on every play. 99% of the world would give up their lives to do that for that pay and fame.

And if steroids/PEDs were actually banned in the NFL, well that's a whole 'nother story.

>Deflecting

nice try Trump but stay on subject please

I will answer someone who is British. You brought up how the British are better so I will only answer to British.

>Rodgers absolutely sucked, he didn't seem to understand the basic concept of the game, he left his pocket all the time and got forced into literally just chucking the ball

literally it's because you're too stupid to understand the rules going on or the fact that the defense is allowed to counter the quarterback's plays forcing him to react on the fly.

>I saw a chunky unathletic looking white guy run half the field and then simply drop the ball when the easiest thing to do would have been drop to his knees and protect the yardage he'd gained

Again, you're probably just not understanding the rules or are using one example of a guy being clumsy rather than being stupid.

>i saw absolutley no defence played whats so ever

football is an offense-based games. Just because the score doesn't end 0-0 doesn't mean defense isn't being played, however the games rules just naturally favor offense over defense because we actually enjoy watching our teams score

>i saw kickers miss kicks european 5th division football players could make, blindfolded

kickers make those kicks 99% of the time, when they miss most of the time it's due to the wind. You can be the best kicker in the world and still miss due to a random harsh wind or bad weather.

so pretty much you think our sport sucks because you yourself don't understand the rules or understand what wind is.

Bet you 1000 (you's) you're talking to a british man right now

I think your sport is very good.

I think the people who play it are pretty bad in some cases

Bet you can't prove it.

I think you don't understand the game on anything more than a superficial level.

It's really hard to be elite when your offensive line is made of tissue paper, two of your top three receivers are playing hurt (including your best receiver playing with broken ribs) and your starting running back (converted from a wide receiver) hurt as well.

I hate the Packers too, but come on man. At least prove you know what you're talking about.

Or maybe I just took the bait. I don't know. Whatever.

How much are you betting here?

I won't make your mom give me head and spaghetti anymore.

>making an english woman make spaghetti for you

kek you fucking idiot, hope you like tasteless mush

Out of the tens of millions of kids who play the sport only a few thousand get to be in NFL. They're literally the best in the world.

Fine, I won't make your mom give me toast sandwhiches anymore.

Way to understand the point I was making in the fucking OP then. The question I posed was are American's actually good at the sport? Of course the guys that make it to the NFL are the best in the world, I was asking if they are really that good at the sport though? Being the best at something with a tiny talent pool doesn't mean you are necessarily good at it.

Yes, they are. They are the best in the world.

/thread

Ok, your mom doesn't have to give me head or toast sandwhiches anymore.

To answer your question now, yes American athletes are really that good at football.

Take care.

>tiny talent pool

But it's not a tiny talent pool? Almost every high school in America has at least one football team. America is the third largest country in terms of population. More people than all of Western Europe. If you don't think the competition is fierce just because it's Americans vs other Americans then you're just dense.

You don't know that to be true, there could be a guy in Siberia who is naturally the best QB in the world but because his exposure to the sport is so limited we'll never see him play.

Without a doubt there are better running backs and receivers around the world that don't play. Hell just in the NBA I am sure you could upgrade most NFL teams by bringing in a guy from the NBA.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and fund an International sports team consisting of the best the world has to offer and then have them play the Cleveland Browns. My money is on the Browns winning. Just face the fact that America will always dominate in Football.

>Of course the guys that make it to the NFL are the best in the world, I was asking if they are really that good at the sport though?

You said it yourself and yes they really are that good.

>Hell just in the NBA I am sure you could upgrade most NFL teams by bringing in a guy from the NBA.

Just stop talking you fucking dipshit.

Browns would be too good, have them face a college team like Alabama or Clemson.

lmao at this faggot thinking he is an expert.
it's all rigged you fucking retard. get your down syndromed head out of your fat asss

It's quite likely imo. Look at baseball, Cuba and Dominican Republic school America at baseball and that's "America's pastime", plus they have 320 million more people.

300 million people and they can't find 32 american punters either, 5 of them are rejects from Australian sports

really makes me think

epic thread, yuros

If that were true Dallas would be playing NE in the owl

that's not what's happening so you must be wrong you fucking retard

espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18484166/super-bowl-ticket-prices-drop-dallas-cowboys-loss

>Before Sunday's playoff game, the cheapest ticket to Super Bowl LI on StubHub was $4,195. Shortly after the Cowboys were defeated 34-31 on a field goal as time ran out, the get-in price was down 20 percent to $3,349. Tickets in the lower end zone dropped 18 percent to $4,307.

it would have been a Giants/Cowboys NFC championship with the Cowboys winning and going on to face Houston if they wanted to rig it for maximum revenue

I understand the Serie A has been literally rigged at times but that doesn't mean that our league is too

>Americans still not realizing OP is a Brit

Kek flags and actually being free to live where you want confuses the burger, they are a simple people

breddy gud thread

>spiffy Evans
>wave Ryder

Fucking hell this is too much, do Americans think wrestlers names are real names?

spiffy was his nickname.

bit silly to include nicknames.

This is what happens when an "elite" non American athlete attempts to play football.

He drops the ball? Like elite American players were doing yesterday?

>ignore my evidence-supported argument
>"hehe americans"

what did the Euros mean by this

There was no evidence in your post at all it was completely opinion, which supports my original theory which was simply we don't know if Americans actually are good at this sport as they have no competition. Thank you for trying though every post is appreciated

Wonderful Terrific is actually a great name though, you're bound for big things if your name is Wonderful Terrific Monds the Second

>all burgers are triggered
>everyone is just saying "you dont understand the rules" without bringing one good point
this is hilarious

>ticket money is the only money that exists

how the fuck is empirical, statistical data not evidence? you're arguing that the NFL is rigging the outcomes of games in order to decrease their revenue and exposure

>Kraft and Blank are funneling tens of millions of dollars to NFL executives to guarantee wins

citation needed

>he honestly unironically believes he know better than the NFL how to maximize revenue
you're a complete moron, tickets prices have already rebounded and that's peanuts to the NFL anyways.
please refrain from replying to my posts again

Isn't this basically the same thread as when we post about how our best athletes don't play soccer?

How do we know Euros and South Americans are actually any good when they don't play against the best American athletes?

Anyways, gr8 b8 OP, I can't believe you got so many (you)s.

how are americans so incapable of grasping simple statistics?

You realize the ball is a different shape right?

Canada has the CFL which is filled with tiny, tiny American rejects from the NFL.

I'm pretty sure you've never seen a perfect soccer game

American football is just like any team sport: very few loses can be isolated to just one or two factors.

Most large losses are a results of critical failures by players and coaches to prepare for the game properly, as well as failing on game day. Greenbay had a lot of things going against them, and anyone thinking they were going to come into Atlanta and win were delusional.

You don't lose by 20+ points because of one or two plays / players.

You are pretty stupid. Ticket prices are a decent proxy for fan interest. If you think that Atlanta is a bigger draw than the cowboys or packers, then you shouldn't be discussing the topic

Something to really really think hard about is how a random Australian rugby league player decided he was going to play NFL one day and played multiple games for the 49ers within a few months of making that decision, beating thousands of people who had dedicated their entire life to the sport

Cheers, think I'll freeze some of this pasta and use it again

>he still believes he could run the NFL better than the NFL
call when you have multi billion dollar sport league of your own and i'll believe you.
fucking arrogant americans. won't hurt to just admit sometimes you don't know as much as you think you do or that you're not the ultimate expert on everything and some people know better than you

yet we should blindly swallow all the nonsense you're posting? when your main sport doesn't have institutionalized self-regulation, i.e. video replay and challenges? when blatant offside goals and documented match-fixing has been part and parcel of your sports culture since its inception?

I understand this is Sup Forums but my sweet lord this pathetic diatribe of yours sways far beyond the bounds of trolling/shitposting

>4. Tak not the Lord's name in vain

m8, why are you taking Euro opinions on football seriously in the 1first place? Youre getting baited tbeh

>implying it was in vain

also, I don't buy in to dogma, my relationship with the Lord is between He and I

who /Martin Luther/ here?

Protestants get no (You)s from me

because impressionable people might fall for this bullshit if not for Big Strong Americans such as myself to take their drivel at face value and methodically arguing against it

Yeah, it's really hard to wrap your head around the idea that a talented athlete is able to translate their athletic skills to a similar sport. Just boggles the mind how that works.

Or you could do as the vast majority of Americans on Sup Forums do and simply dismiss all retarded foreigner opinions on anything football

Only if the quality of competition in the other sport is low enough to accomodate them. The basic movements of the game may be similar, but there's decades of mental conditioning that the player lacks

how is it bait? a bigger pool means higher chances of finding elite players. if soccer was popular in europe only it would already draw from a much larger pool than america; and as we know soccer is popular not just in europe.
level of play in the NFL would rise significantly if europe cared

What are you babbling about?

Seriously even for Austrialian shit posting this crap

Read it as slowly as you have to, I know words in the Queen's English can be hard for your Big Strong Brain to understand. Add as many zs and remove all the us you have to

this. never understood why those Amerianons actually get triggered by these criticisms.

No. Not at all. The NFL is extremely genetics based and the players are required from early ages to have insane diets to get to this size

The average NFL player is 6'1 237 pounds and runs a 4.6

Imagine your biggest rugby player, then your fastest rugby player

Combine them and you have the average NFL linebacker

This is from actual timed shit. NFL players are bigger AND faster in general than soccer players

Only nba players are greater outliers

lmao what's your argument mctard? that the super bowl isn't going to be played by the patriots and falcons? or that the NFL made a mistake by picking these teams and they should have listened to you lol?

"Decades of mental conditioning"

Nigger you are just dumb ass fuck and trying to hide it using overly complex languages

I believe in you. Use a dictionary if you have to.

Is this why it's so amazing if someone decided to play Aussie rules after playing rugby?

"I'm pretending to be retarded" the post

......m8 some African pace babbies in Soccer are much faster than NFL players

there would be creedence to this post were you have predicted this outcome

since you're such a genius, tripfag and let us know who the playoff outcomes next season

Rugby and AFL require completely different body types. There's only been two players who have crossed over that I know of and that was purely a marketing attempt to expand AFL into rugby league territory

No they aren't. They've times these guys before

My favorite was Patrick Willis 6'1 255 versus Ronaldo

Ronaldo was so much slower and 80 lbs lighter

Soccer players really are that soft and slow it's near comical

>this retarded rambling
now prove that a several time larger pool wouldn't produce way more elite players

...m8 they would get brutalized on every play as a HB and burned trying to cover even high school WRs as a D back

Because the NFL would waste resources on a shit gene pool. Europeans are inbred as fuck. Actual science sucks doesn't it?

2014 world cup