Autumn always puts me in the mood for some Colonial Americana

Autumn always puts me in the mood for some Colonial Americana.

I quite enjoyed pic related, are there any other good TV shows or miniseries dealing with early U.S. history either streaming or On Demand these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCxr2d4As312LulcajAkKJYw
youtube.com/watch?v=eSSvmG2XpI8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The first season of sleepy hollow is pretty cool

The Burton film is an annual favorite of mine, so I'll have to check that out.

Does it drop off after S1?

TURN is okay but it quickly becomes a romance triangle.

Sit down John, you fat motherfucker!

I want to punch Miranda in the fucking face so hard.

Holy fuck I literally watched that yesterday in school
I had already seen the full movie many years ago however

oooh boy

you're in for a treat

youtube.com/channel/UCxr2d4As312LulcajAkKJYw

Corny? Yes
Historically Innacurate? Yes
Entertaining as hell? Definitley

I'm actually a cu/ck/old, and I'm well aware of this channel.

How to reenact: be boring
Why do people think no one had personalities back then?

He doesn't seem boring. Just regular

because back then there was less time available to be a special snowflake and everyone was really fucking busy not dying of hunger, cold or being ravaged by beasts

user, I don't know if you knew this, but autumn is still 23 days away.

YOU STUPID FUCK!

There are Halloween decor in stores now, so it's autumn, user.

No way dude, people were assholes back then, especially founding fathers. It always seems left out that they were dicks. (Also hard to properly document)

Where did I say otherwise?

Fuck you just reminded me that probably around the time autumn hits in 23 days, Christmas shit will get on the shelves.

Nowhere. I just wanted to inform you that autumn wasn't for 23 days. The stupid fuck part was completely unrelated. There's just something off about you... Maybe it's your face.

April Morning
The Crucible
The Witch

Turn is pretty good because they make it fairly obvious the British are morally superior to the Americans like the brunette bitch pitching a fit and goes all white man's burden when the Hewlett frees her slaves on Christmas. It also goes out of it's way to show that the people who wanted the revolution were just selfish elites who forced the war on the common people, most of whom didn't give a shit at the time.

Christmas shit used to come out on the beginning of August here, but they dialed it back to mid-September.

Turn just for this motherfucker right here. one of the best tv villains imo.

>tv or miniseries
My bad dude.

John Adams? A villain? He was to useless to be a villain

Why is that? Fall is always a colonial time to me.

I think it's because in school when you learn history you do it chronologically, and the revolutionary war lines up with like October - November

Jesus Christ why!? That's mid summer, I'm not even thinking of cool weather, I'm dying of heat exhaustion and I'm only there to buy booze, water, and snacks while we're on the boat all day.

Fuck man.

Simcoe, my bitch!

youtube.com/watch?v=eSSvmG2XpI8

Sort of. Season 2 is still pretty good but season 3 takes a nose dive

There's this whole "Christmas in July" thing that's kind of tongue-in-cheek. But then there's like one shelf of Christmas stuff in every store. I don't know.

I'd buy it. It also sort of thematic fits. Starts in fall with the times abruptly changing, lowest point of the narrative is the long winter in Valley Forge, victory in spring with rebirth and all that

In reality the war begin in spring and ended in fall

Well if they're doing some cheeky haha joke and throwing random Christmas decorations on some shelf for fun, I can see it. If they're legitimately trying to sell Christmas shit for upcoming Christmas that's ridiculous. But whatever, it's their store, they can do what they want.

Still annoys me when Thanksgiving shopping I see the whole back garden section packed with Christmas trees on display though if I can be completely honest with you, family.

It's starts out kind of funny then it gets serious.

Pure kino.