Small town America

Can we get a comfy small town America thread?

The hightlight of my road trip in last year America was definitely visiting small towns. IMO it's where you see the true American spirit.

What is your favourite small town?

>tfw listening to John Denver on a rainy night in Lewisburg, West Virginia.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8lBm74_TfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It is why we say

M
A
G
A

It looks so nice.
It must be almost nigger-free.

>grew up in a small town
>never really liked it
>get to college
>surprised nobody knows how to cook, fix shit, bait a hook, fire a gun, build a campfire, or handle their alcohol
>realize small town life taught me lots of shit that you can't really learn later in life without being a weirdo

near my local library

Small town America is where I got the most sweet American pussy, too.

it was even better before it was so fat

these kids have more life skills than 90% of the berniefags with phds

>all retirement age

tfw us is dying

Excellent thread, OP. I love to travel the country. We're so vast in terms of landmass with so many different kinds of people and different accents and attitudes and beliefs...our diversity is awesome. I love walking into a little bar where no one knows me, sitting down, and having a beer and just chilling.

My home town of Front Royal Virginia.
>tfw away at college :(((

I know what you're talking about. I'm from what we used to call the "New South." Suburbia finally found the south in the 80's and I'm a product of that environment. I grew up wondering why MS got a bad rap and then I left the Jackson metro area when I got my drivers license and figured out why. When I travel, I've been told that I'm an "outstanding ambassador" for MS when I think I'm totally normal.

I grew up in a small town near the Oregon coast. It was a nice place, but aging. Also, the mega-quake will wipe out a lot of places along the coast itself, though my town was too elevated and inland to be at tsunami risk.

I didn't even realize until I moved away for college that many places weren't actually "communities" at all; they were just agglomerations of subtly-hostile groups in geographic proximity. It was a big shift.

how do is nips stick out so much but stay flat?

maybe he can learn to hem his jeans

Forgot a pic. Here's Chester Street, pretty much our main street. It's a comfy town, about 75% white with very polite minorities (we keep them in line in the south). I plan to move back after college if I can find a job nearby.

Loved Virginia, stayed at Harrisonburg and Arlington. Felt like the quintessential American state, West Virginia had its perks as well.

he'll grow into them.

he's been eating as much as he can

nice... i'll have to stop by next time I head up 81.

what college do you go to?

Those aren't his nips, those are cans of dip/chewing tobacco.

>Live in a small town in the middle of a large forest
>Air only stinks of car exhaust during the mornings
>Local nigs only nig on the weekend

Life is pretty comfy here compared to New York

Mate the best thing was going Into smaller bars in smaller towns, I must of been a bit of a novelty being Aussie and all, but the Americans were so nice and receptive. Shared plenty of beers among my Americans friends.

Dip cans.

dip nips

University of Virginia

These towns need more black men

Fuck off, we're full

according to Wikipedia it has 5% black. 90% white.

But those 5% probably aren't nigger hood trash

Probably, desu Americans like Australians more than any other Anglo country. We see you as a wacky cousin of Texas

cheap land is noice

yes. west virginia negros have much more in common with rednecks than their urban ghetto brothas.

Hey fellow Doylestown Fag

Nice lawn. Where is this?

My home is worth 550k and it's not even on a quarter of an acre.

I need to move somewhere peaceful.

>tfw lived in what used to be the most beautiful part of georgia
>rich farmland, green everywhere, vast fields
>tfw kikes sell out and overdevelop area, now we have one of the highest indian concentrations in the country, and niggers start pouring in as well
>nothing but fast food and chain stores in shopping strips now
>no more small town feel

Just fucking end it.

I came out to Lafayette, Indiana a few years ago for school and fell in love with it. 100,000 is just about the perfect population for a town: not too big, but big enough that anything you need is readily available. And you don't have to drive far at all before you're into wonderful open farmland.

Now I'm headed to the Bay Area for a summer compsci internship... kill me now.

Hermann, Missouri. Just look it up. Pure wine country, most people are German immigrants who have lived there all their lives. Their ancestors moved there from Germany because it reminded them of the German countryside. Big enough to have an economy, but small enough for everyone to know everyone else.

This desu. The only "small towns" left are pic related, towns that run along the interstates. Sure there are still some comfy small towns in the New England that look nice in pictures, but once you get off the main drag it's nothing but depression, meth, and people trying to leave. Small town is america is disgusting.

It's sad, bro. A lot of nice places in the south have been destroyed in the pursuit of "economic growth," aka "invite as many companies as possible to drag their workforces full of illegals and foreigners into the state while giving them tax benefits as a reward."

I know people CLAIM they are getting tired of it, but they seem to keep electing the same corporate sellouts like Nikki Haley or Robert Bentley over and over.

Can anyone tell me where this small town is and where I can find an uncensored video of this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8lBm74_TfY

Fellow redneck here

I moved to Tillamook Oregon about 3 years ago in order to work with fisheries sciences, best decision ever. Total small town feel with a really cool little niche thing too in the cheese factory, really great.

I hate liberals and hippies, but, this is way more rural than you'd think of Oregon. I live up the mountain off of the Wilson River, it's great. We have salmon/steelhead in the river all 4 seasons and I have got an elk all 3 years I've been here, love it.

That smalltown USA is still out there, you just have to find it.

>pic related, we have larger chum salmon runs here in Tillamook Bay than they do in the fucking Columbia River, no BS

is it true that most are going broke and declining as everyone moves out to the cities and suburbs because of unemployment

small towns are boring and everyone is poor, stupid and look inbred

>t. never been outside of suburbs

This is the cheese/ice cream/butter w/e factory. It's such a cool place and they really give back to the community. You can get 2 lb blocks of small batch signature cheese for less than 10 bucks and the ice cream.............fatty heaven.

Just a little down the road they have a jerky smokehouse factory. Can get 1 pound of jerky (from imported via TX and other areas) for less than 10 bucks, great shit.

True, but the IT industry is huge in these small towns. One company can manage many small hospitals and businesses.

Pic Related = Bucyrus, OH.

The beaches and bays are to die too, I love going out on a low tide and clamming/crabbing. You get a strong ebb tide and you can wade out to the middle of the bay and fill up a 5 gallon bucket with Dungeoness Crab in about 10 minutes. The halibut season opened up a little bit ago, you can get a plate of halibut and some fries for 12 bucks, fuckin insane compared to what we paid on the east side.

This reminds me of Vermont

what sort of education training did you have to prepare you to work in fisheries?

*to die for

>tfw these construction guys started their trade with nothing but a strong back.
Now they wouldn't let you have an entry job without 5 yrs of experience.
Fuck Boomers.

I get asked that a lot, I have 2 undergraduate degrees in basic core biological sciences and a masters in fisheries, however, i grew up commercial fishing and that's how i got all my work.

Nobody really cares about some pencil neck nerd that reads about fishing, everyone takes the hardened skipper/deckhand seriously though.

>small towns along the interstate

Lmao. There's towns in America 3-4 hours or more from an interstate. Get the fuck out of here, you don't know shit about small towns.

Ha yeah, the last 3 places I've lived have been at least 90 minutes from "town" let alone a fuckin interstate.

Lots of memes ITT. Here's the reality of small town life:

Little to no jobs. The jobs that do exist are part time, minimum wage. The few jobs that are worth anything are had only through nepotism or cronyism. Absolutely need a car and drive dozens of miles to get basic necessities or get anywhere significant

Lots of poverty, boredom and addiction. People always up in your shit. Lots of staring to see if they recognize you. Seriously, fuck this existence.

and dont you think YOU can do it :^) because youll break YOUR back because you're weak and no one taught you how to lift :^)

what's that? you do have an able body and are captain of the football team? why dont you go to school and chase football scholarships? instead of a comfortable 75k/yr you should be chasing 300k!!!

this is where you plan your next walmart run weeks in advance.

this is true too. small towns have their own brand of normies and you sure as hell better assimilate if you wanna get along or be included in shit.

Yeah all these towns exist because there's no jobs.

Hundreds to thousands of people live there without a job at all.

Do you retards even read through your post or you just mash on the keyboard in a fit of autism?

here's my rinky dink town in oklahoma

7000 people

>walmart

Fuck that, they are a rip off compared to Costco

My wife and I do plan weeks in advance, it's pretty funny. We have to drive 2 hours to Costco, we combine the trip with other big ticket shit like tire changes, oil changes, etc. It's a whole Saturday ordeal.

I always drive my truck and we will fill the entire covered bed of my longbed with shit we bought, we take coolers and ice so that our shit doesn't get too hot lol.

Biloxi here

are you me? though I still have a bit of a drawl and people tend to notice when I leave state

(you)
Yeah, it's called welfare and generations of a family living together to make ends meet, you fucktard.

What are some top tier small towns in Illinois?

Fellow Hell Town resident here. Shit's pretty comfy.

Yeah sure dude. A town of 8,000 is all welfare and gramps living with his grand daughter.

Get the fuck out of here you retard. There's plenty of jobs in rural places.

>tfw sell my redneck wares when I go in for the shopping trip ordeal

Those fuckers will buy up so much honey and jerky, lazy plebs.

>grow up in small dying city in the rust belt
>never really appreciate it, couldn't wait to leave
>never very close with any of my friends
>go to college
>everyone is from NYC/chimpcongo
>realize how full of shit they all are
>realize how out of touch and incapable of the simplest things they all are
>every one of them is content renting shit apartments in cities and spending $30/day on food for the rest of their lives
>graduate early so I can gtfo of there
>reconnect with old high school friends
>realize how much more real they all are than anyone I met from a big city
>realize how much better life is here than in large cities

I'm never ever living anywhere outside of a small town again. Fuck the cities in this country and all the people in them

Looks nice.

I live in a small town that literally consists of a single main road that branches out to hundreds to thousands of smaller residential roads. Couple years ago they started expanding business here like Chile's & Buffalo Wild wings and suddenly the fucking traffic became unbearable. Traffic jams every single day it's basically a death warrant if you have to go somewhere between 12-5pm in a car with no air conditioning. Also there's no local jobs anymore. Fuck all these people that came from the city, fucking parasitic subhumans.

utica and galena (sp?)

Good. Tone it down but don't get rid of your drawl entirely. I tried doing that early on but it's suspicious to most people. People outside our beloved Dixie hold southerners in a unique place in their minds. They almost want you to play a character. Give them a little, but not a lot. Keep your good southern manners, courtesy, and charm. Good eye contact and a firm handshake go a long way. Cheers, dude.

Yeah, you're preaching to the choir. I know a dude who sells the shit out of his truck on the highway for the plebs coming in during the summer from portland, mother fucker made 15 grand (illegally) one summer, fuckin A.

When I get some fish or meat from a hunt I fill my smokehouse up and vacuum pack the dog piss out of it. Fuckin eatin chinook in the dead of winter, when the fish really come in and I get a chance to get some from work or from a tribal dude I know, I can put up to 50 whole chinook in my smokehouse at once.

I get such a fuckin hardon when that things rockin hard with cedar.

Here's where I live, I love Appalachia. I was born and raised in the city and suburbs, but I'll never go back.

Best part= barely any niggers. I would only leave here for Montana/Wyoming or Arizona.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Arguing with you is pointless but we are on Sup Forums after all and it's full of trolls. You have no idea what you're talking about.

This place is just right outside of town. I've hiked here a few times. Shit like this is all over Appalachia though. It's great. Don't let the liberals give you the wrong idea either, the people out here are great, yes, there are plenty of dumb white trash people, but most of them are harmless, they are very self-reliant and will give you the shirts off their backs if you needed it.

Oh, I don't intend to get rid of it, and I always stay polite.

The amount of people who get surprised when I always say yes ma'am or yes sir is somewhat funny though.

Fuck moving out though. I wouldn't leave here for anywhere else. The fishing and hunting are great, seafood is cheap as hell, as is property.

Always something to do without being too busy or crowded.

>Wyo

The only interior place I'd have any interest in living, I love the ocean too much really. I went to Wyo with a friend once and man they had some impressive wilderness, great hunting out there.

You have no idea. You probably live in some shithole big city and justify putting up with niggers and high rent with a caricature of what rural America is like.

pol can start it's own small town and mold it into whatever they want desu

Fuck yeah, I wish I could drink a few and smoke some right now.

I'm in Arizona so I have mainly mesquite around everywhere. My neighbor is a bee keeper and I make prickly pear jam too, you can charge almost anything to the retards.

>The only interior place I'd have any interest in living

montana and Idaho are also exceptional. low population density, tremendous natural beauty and resources... just depends on what kind of scenery you like..

Now I know you're shit posting. Here's your last (you). 4/10 for the replies.

>pol can start it's own small town and mold it into whatever they want desu

there are "Peoples Little Europe" communities in the US. Check out Kallispell, MT. Read about them on Stormfront.

No matter what happens. Don't move to California. Heed my fucking warning. Fuck I've got to leave. Stay, or if you go then fact in the cost of living.

Side note, you ever notice how the only people that preach about living with niggers are usually people that live in heavily gentrified white flightish parts of big cities? They wall themselves off from the spooks and then tells us we should be more tolerant and inclusive, kek

My relatively small town has a memorial for the last niggers we lynched. Its wonderful because it is right downtown, in probably the most ghetto part of the city.

I like to think it serves as a warning rather than a memorial

Are you talking about Alpharetta? That's where I grew up.

>People say small town
>What they mean is white

I'd have to agree. People make fun of Idaho a lot, and it even kind of sounds like a dorky state. I pictured it like the Iowa of the west or some shit, but lately I've been looking into places to move...and Idaho seems pretty kickass and underrated. It's a lot like Montana and there's a lot of cool shit there.

Stayed at this bed n breakfast in Hermann, Mo
Great towns around that area

Whatever you big city cuck. Move out of your safety zone and see what real America is like.

Mississippian her, i saw acres and acres of factories that used to be meth labs and cow farms. we need this. bring the corporate overlords god knows the north isn't going to do shit for us in the long term. bring your gold rims, bring your jacked f250s, bring your dixie cups because the south's gonna rise again.

i like the way you think. do you want to be friends?
[email protected]

I live in houston and well itsnice but i used to work in pearland texas (just south of houston) i always preferred that area while it is growing fast it is fairly comfy. The area past it i believe humble texas was always very nice and prestine. But its essentially an hour away from downtown houston with medium traffic. So i couldnt live there.

I actually dont want to live in houston anymore, in a smaller town. Maybe between 75,000-150,000. I do want things to be readily avalible like commercial commodities like clothing and car part just of the top of my head. But i also want a stable economy there where every other person is bum fuck poor. I want to stay in texas too and i want there to be a body of water nearby. Gult coast is probably a unavalible for what i want.

Sounds like all of north Atlanta.