Have I asked for too much?

Have I asked for too much?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram_of_Personality
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. Society has lead you to believe you are capable of more than you actually are.

I'm aware that I'm capable of exactly what I can do. Just not sure of the point at which I can stop asking

Why are you waiting for someones permission to do what you're capable of?

I'm not waiting for permission but recognition; perhaps the problem lies in scope of ambition

Receive recognition from? Family, friends, peers, the universe?

Someone I've yet to meet. I think the problem is that I don't know who I'm looking for

What's your Personality Enneagram?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram_of_Personality

5: Investigator
you?

4: Individualist. I wouldn't say just either

1. Reformer

Any advice as to who I should be looking for?

Yourself. You have to understand and discover who you are and obtain inner peace before you can expand into the lives of others.

I know, sounds like pretentious shit.

You're right, and I'd say that I've found it. I am content, but as it is pointless to stop desiring, I'm looking for someone to spend my time with. I held in my mind an ideal, but an ideal is not a person; without that, what else have I to want for?

How did you come up with the ideal? Pure fantasy based on observations or a combination of past physical and emotional experiences?

don't ask

achieve

A girl I met once, and while briefly I knew her I wanted nothing but to be with her. She represented to me that ideal, and as we parted ways I never was able to let go of what she had meant to me, even though I had to let go of her. The ideal is separate from her now, but based in who she was, as I saw her. Someone like that is who I would like to meet, if it isn't too much to ask.

ITT
1 person

aren't we all just?

You parted ways so it wasn't meant to be. She wasn't your ideal. Perhaps you hold her up as the ideal as she's the only experience you've had. You've nothing to compare her against?

I've had plenty, but she exists in my mind as perfection I never found elsewhere. She was my ideal, but I'll admit that she isn't now; if she still represents it, I don't know her.

*woaaaaaaah*

Can you pinpoint what it was she fulfiled in you that the others haven't? What was it you gained from this girl that the others leave you cold?

I didn't understand her, and I've never seen someone resonating with beauty asking for so little as she did.

In the end, I gained nothing but a lesson hard earned and the time we did have, as it was. It was how it was, though, that leads me to seek something like it.